forum

What's the weirdest reason you've avoided/dropped an anime?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
Example right here.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=684817&show=0

You dropped or avoided Keroro Gunso because you forget to clean up or you. Or... K-ON because you leave your stuffs on the bedroom floor.

I got one.

Futari wa Pretty Cure: I wanted to watch it, but stopped it after 4 episodes because I only aired in Canada and UK and 4Kids but not in the US were suppose to dub it in the first place.

Tonde Buurin: Avoiding it because Saban never released the English dub on VHS or on TV.

Crayon Shin-Chan: Avoiding it because it has senseless humors.

Jewelpet series: Because I have been thinking of what if Sanrio get sued by Webkinz for it.

And this is not related to "What anime you refuse to watch" thread.
silmarilen
i dropped some anime because one of the protagonists was tsundere
nya10
I dropped an anime in the last episode because ..... I was sleepy to marathon that anime in one day, and forgot to continue it, then accidentaly delete it .__.
kouzuki_karen
I dropped Mouretsu Pirates after the first episode because apparently very simple events get dragged on for many episodes in there
Rio-
Well... Referring to Your MAL, My List doesn't have any Dropped Anime cuz' I delete the Anime listing instead of putting it into dropped Anime lists...

OT : I dropped An Anime because there's too much 'Ecchi' things there and didn't have any good stories at all
NoHitter
I dropped one because I was too lazy to downlo- acquire it one week, and the weeks just stacked up.
SereneMidnight
I dropped Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu because the abridged series of it made me annoyed with it.
JokerFate
I dropped SAO because already see so many spoliers from facebook -_-
Slith
I Accidentaly dropped Fairy Tail from ep.1 to the Starry sky arc since i didn't have time cuz summer ended and forgot to continue it. now i'm just lazy to finish it
YTYuyu
i actually dropped FMA Brotherhood because i wasn't satisfied with the 1st 10mins of the ep ><.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

JokerFate wrote:

I dropped SAO because already see so many spoliers from facebook -_-
Well, if you're on Facebook that much, then you should've at least avoid it or unlike the SAO fan page. That anime is still airing in here.
Stefan
Dropped Digimon Frontier (and the following season) because I couldn't find any german episodes in the internet or german subtitles and the english version is really really bad.
Dropped Monster Rancher due lack of time and being lazy wwwww
Dropped Higurashi because I have it watched already.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

Stefan wrote:

Dropped Digimon Frontier (and the following season) because I couldn't find any german episodes in the internet or german subtitles and the english version is really really bad.
Then why don't you find the English fansub just in order to improve your English?
Nub1

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Stefan wrote:

Then why don't you find the English fansub just in order to improve your English?
Yep, I'm Indonesian and I still prefeer to eng sub because I want to improve my english (even I'm jp - ind or eng - ind translator) lol.
Rilke
I dropped Chuunibyou because it made me cringe every two minutes or so.
Stefan

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Haven't found any english (fan)subs to the japanese and my english is decent enough for these things. However I would love to continue ;_;
Shohei Ohtani
um one time I was watching this anime and everything was going great then this guy started making out with his sister and they were both 10 years old and I literally screamed and never came back
Lach

CDFA wrote:

um one time I was watching this anime and everything was going great then this guy started making out with his sister and they were both 10 years old and I literally screamed and never came back
was it yosuga no sora
Shohei Ohtani

Lach wrote:

CDFA wrote:

was it yosuga no sora
yes
deadbeat
it worries me that Lach guessed that with little info :<
Shohei Ohtani
well what other animes have 10 year old siblings making out
UnderminE

Because i didn't want to see a filler ending
Dafydd
mindfarking plot twists
Sethlied
*valid reason

silmarilen

CDFA wrote:

Lach wrote:

was it yosuga no sora
yes
dont hate
Zerostarry
Dropped an anime on the second last episode because I loved it so much that I didn't want it to end.

It was Lucky Star and I was like 12 years old at the time. *cringe*
Shohei Ohtani
You didn't want it to end so you ended it early
DakeDekaane
One day, my ex-gf spoiled all the shit happened in Clannad: AS when I told her I was starting to watch it, I've never touched it since a year ago, and I don't want, and I doubt I'll ever want to.

And some others because I'm too lazy to watch them (because I often watch the 1st episode, then wait like the whole season to make a marathon in the end).
AmberLynx

Princess wrote:

Dropped an anime on the second last episode because I loved it so much that I didn't want it to end.
Much logic
sugarmikuchan
I drop animes because they are either too long , or has basically the same plot in every episode .
mathexpert
I dropped Seikon no Qwaser because I felt that if I continued watching it any more I would commit suicide.
ChuTwo_old

Applause wrote:

I dropped Chuunibyou because it made me cringe every two minutes or so.
YEA WTF.
I WAS CRINGING SO HARD WONDERING WHY THIS THING WAS AN ACTUAL THING.
DeletedUser_3473174
-
Mamoru Senpai
show more