forum

osu! Individual Championships 2014(Finals Map Pool Release!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

I would like to Join IC 2014

Edit:

Question. How would 2v2 matches work?
In 2v2 the winning team is the 2-player team with the highest score. Losing team's players both lose a chip and winning team's players both get a chip.
Lust
osu has become yugioh

Whateva I'd like to join IC 2014
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Lust wrote:

osu has become yugioh

Whateva I'd like to join IC 2014
You caught me red handed. This is indeed where I got the idea from :P
Tommy Yang
Tsurumaru
There
you're turning into Pegasus.

I would like to join IC 2014
AmaiHachimitsu
I would like to Join IC 2014 and win ;3
Tsurumaru

Angusman wrote:

Randomly putting a capital J to "Join IC 2014"
you're trying to be all fancy and shiet.
W-WHEN YOU'RE NOT
uzzi

Angusman wrote:

Oh this is going to be fun ;)
Tommy Yang

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Angusman wrote:

YEAH YOU KNOW IT
Spyrunite
Tsurumaru

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Angusman wrote:

The_badin
I would like to join IC 2014 :)
haxsu
Alumetorz
Omgforz

Although, the question is, what happens if you try to challenge a bunch of people and everybody declines? Would that person then not be able to advance due to nobody's willingness to play with said person?
Spyrunite
I still don't get how 2v2 will work. Do both players get 1 chip? (one from each other player) Are the partners just for that match, can I change partners for a different match?
Yauxo
I would like to Join IC 2014 yay
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Omgforz wrote:

Although, the question is, what happens if you try to challenge a bunch of people and everybody declines? Would that person then not be able to advance due to nobody's willingness to play with said person?
This has been a constant question, the truth is, if everyone said no there would be no one advancing. If no one will accept your challenge you can try to set up a 2v2 with a less skilled player as your teammate as a handicap and carry hard.

I will look into a solution to this issue and post it before everything starts.
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Spyrunite wrote:

I still don't get how 2v2 will work. Do both players get 1 chip? (one from each other player) Are the partners just for that match, can I change partners for a different match?
Thats exactly how it works. Yes and yes. You can partner with anyone against any pair.
Ezoda
Driske3
A k k e w a
Forseen
Vmx
Icyteru
I would like to Join IC 2014 and get wrecked by everyone.
Frostings
I would like to join IC 2014 ~

please ignore
pielak213
­
Ohrami
SPOILER
[10:11:01 PM] Kyou-kun: random map picks is retarded
[10:11:08 PM] Dren: I dont care
[10:11:11 PM] Kyou-kun: just do a bo3 and have both pick one map
[10:11:15 PM] Kyou-kun: then a "tiebreaker" map
[10:11:18 PM] Dren: No
[10:11:29 PM] Dren: You dont have to compete if you dont like
[10:11:34 PM] Dren: Not repeating myself
[10:11:36 PM] Dren: answer is no
[10:11:37 PM] Kyou-kun: if you want anyone to take your tournament seriously you should maybe make the rules a little less retarded
[10:11:53 PM] Kyou-kun: because as it is now i take your tournament less seriously than me168's
[10:12:11 PM] Dren: Your oppinion is yours to have
[10:13:01 PM] Dren: You've expressed your concern and Id rather not hear anymore. So please leave it at that

gr8 tournament host and awesome rules rng is always a good thing to have during competition
uzzi

Kyou-kun wrote:

SPOILER
[10:11:37 PM] Kyou-kun: if you want anyone to take your tournament seriously you should maybe make the rules a little less retarded
[10:11:53 PM] Kyou-kun: because as it is now i take your tournament less seriously than me168's
[10:13:01 PM] Dren: You've expressed your concern and Id rather not hear anymore. So please leave it at that

gr8 tournament host and awesome rules rng is always a good thing to have during competition
While I agree random pick is literally the worst, I'm curious as to why its being used.
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Kyou-kun wrote:

SPOILER
-Redacted for security reasons-

I have explained myself, and the reasoning behind my decisions to you multiple times, and I have politely asked you to stop messaging me about it multiple times. Please keep your opinion and move along, a professional doesn't try to belittle someone or something, they disagree and move on. How about you go ahead and do that?
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

While I agree random pick is literally the worst, I'm curious as to why its being used.
Random pick is being used to prevent players from picking to their own strengths or their opponents weaknesses. Due to the nature of the tournament and the possibility of a large player base we want to keep the first round games as short as possible so anyone can get a game in with a ref while they are available, to do this I am keeping the first round games to 1 round wins. Because of this the best possible choice is random picks.
Ohrami

yes because pointing out an obvious flaw that everybody can figure out with 2 minutes of simple thought is totally reason to have your post edited and not a reason to actually change how the tournament works
HURR
Almost
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Kyou-kun wrote:

yes because pointing out an obvious flaw that everybody can figure out with 2 minutes of simple thought is totally reason to have your post edited and not a reason to actually change how the tournament works
HURR
Because cheating is okay? Anyone caught will be removed from the tourny. Period.
This is my last response to this. If anyone has any concerns please PM me.
nya10
Lust

Chitose please ;~;
Darksonic
I'd love to compete but my hardware sucks and there are things I need to change so I'm not up for any tournament/competition anymore, sorry ;_;.
Wishy
You've been using that excuse for over an year now yet you keep getting top ranks and over 2k PC a month.

MAKE ARGENTINA PROUD AND PLAY

FOR PERON
Darksonic

Wishy wrote:

You've been using that excuse for over an year now yet you keep getting top ranks and over 2k PC a month.

MAKE ARGENTINA PROUD AND PLAY

FOR PERON
I play for fun because I have nothing to do on the whole day, my hardware sucks even more than before now, everything is laggy here, computer, tablet, osu, everything, so nope. If I'm going to compete on anything I'd like to do it in a decent way.
Wishy
But... Peron...
show more