forum

Bottoming out on red switches?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rinku
I just have a couple questions on bottoming out and o rings.

So I have just recently bought my first mech keyboard (k70) and have been bottoming out every key press since the beginning of time. I was wondering if learning to not bottoming out would help me in any way for Osu! such as faster streams or maybe an acc change. I'm also unsure how easy of a skill it is to pick up.

Another thing is I was looking into getting o rings to make bottoming out a little easier but was wondering if it would help at all for not bottoming out.

Hopefully theres not another thread like this as I couldn't find any and thanks for all your opinions. I said bottoming out too many times :/
winber1
don't know anything about the dampeners, but i always bottom out. Bottoming out helps you keep rhythm better imo since you have a physical indication of approximately when you clicked a note.

on streams if i get tired or i'm just trying to spam and stay alive i might not bottom out.
TakuMii
Don't know about Red switches, but I have o-rings on my Browns. I've played with them off and on, and I can say that it doesn't really make that much of a difference when it comes to stamina.
It does change the feel though (which I feel is only a preference). and I've found that the reduced noise does help when playing without headphones.
PlasticSmoothie
I always bottom out on mine.
Topic Starter
Rinku
Hmm well i feel like almost everyone bottoms out and it would probably be better for accuracy. I just thought about how it could increase my max streaming speed later down the road, I just don't know how viable it is.
buny

-Rinku- wrote:

Hmm well i feel like almost everyone bottoms out and it would probably be better for accuracy. I just thought about how it could increase my max streaming speed later down the road, I just don't know how viable it is.
Probably not worth the effort
it's kinda hard to stream at your maximum speed without the recoil you get
Dexus
Lift your fingers higher, and strike faster but not harder (pretend there are eggs under the switches). You'll want to use the muscles on the inside of your hands to do this (If you find yourself tensing on the top of your hand, relax a bit until it goes away and fix what you're doing wrong). Doing this with comfortable streams can help you develop speed, control, and technique. Eventually though you'll want to learn to not bottom out as hard and press as slightly as possible. Bottoming out can tend to kill your stamina in deathstreams. Wrist placement is also important too, from what I've learned a level arm and wrist flat with the top of your hand makes it easier to sustain speeds. You can honestly play however as long as it doesn't causes you to tense up or be in pain.

Also dampeners can be useful because you'll acclimate to not pressing so far down, but I would recommend only getting that after you've adjusted to your keyboard and wish to transition into shorter faster keypresses. They're not really for everyone though.
[ Katsu ]
This is interesting, I always bottom out my red switches to except for faster streams where I naturally don't. Never really thought about using some kind of dampener may have to give it a shot just to see how it works.

Thanks for bringing this up!