forum

Streaming slower

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pengua
So I did a quick search and it seems like everyone wants to stream faster but I want to stream at a lower speed. When I play lower bpm maps I tend to overstream, getting 300s - > 100s -> 50s -> Xs unless I skip a click in the middle of the stream. The sad things is that I've been doing this for a while; whenever I see 100s I'll occasionally skip a click midstream to get 300s again. (terrible habit, don't do it)

The problem with finding low bpm maps to practice on is that they're slow enough to NC so that's what I do; they would bore me otherwise. The problem maps are the ones too fast for NC but slow enough to make me overstream by a large margin.

Is lower bpm streaming really necessary or should I just ignore those maps?
pielak213
­
Weed
By slow streaming do you mean maps like this? For slower streams I find it easier to press along to the beat instead of mash buttons.
GoldenWolf

pielak213 wrote:

There is apparently a person who's hands are too fast that they could only do 220 1/4 when their hands were cold...
*cough* Staiain? *cough*

Slow streams would be something like this https://osu.ppy.sh/s/25871 or https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207567&m=0 the 120bpm one.
Playing slow streams help you learning how to control your fingers, so it's quite important. I see many people mashing their keys on fast maps, like not reading 1/4 sliders in middle of streams properly and just mash away.
Soarezi
By not being able to stream slow even if you are a fast and DT player, means you're just bad and can't read. I can stream 240bpm and even higher, obviously not too long, and i'm able to stream 130bpm aswell. Learn to adjust your fingers to slower BPM
Topic Starter
Pengua

Soarezi wrote:

By not being able to stream slow even if you are a fast and DT player, means you're just bad and can't read. I can stream 240bpm and even higher, obviously not too long, and i'm able to stream 130bpm aswell. Learn to adjust your fingers to slower BPM
You're right, I can't read anything less than AR 9.
Zare
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207087
Play the 120 BPM one everyday until you can 99% it, you will never have trouble with overstreaming after doing that.
Alternatively, since the song used for the 120 BPM one doesn't really have any 1/4 and just feels stupid, you can use HalfTime on the 160 BPM one. It's also not as long. The idea stays the same.
Soulg
There is apparently a person who's hands are too fast that they could only do 220 1/4 when their hands were cold...
how does he even
Dexus
step 1) Actually listen to the music.
thelewa
step 2) learn to stream properly instead of mashing the buttons like a fucking moron

streaming is not rocket science

in fact it's so simple that everyone who can't figure it out should be sent to a concentration camp and get turned into soap

some people say that they can't stream because they can't keep rhythm, but this is bullshit. Everyone can keep rhythm. Our bodies are inherently capable of keeping rhythm. There's a thing called the heart beating in rhythm inside of us all the time. Pretty much everything that our bodies do is dictated by rhythm. Hell, I have arrhythmia and I still have good accuracy in this game, all it takes is to realize that streaming is not mashing but just tapping in 1/4 rhythm with 2 fingers
Aqo

pielak213 wrote:

lot's of people actually say they can't stream slower. my answer is to just dt
sorry that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen lmao

good luck doing this on maps that mix 1/3 and 1/4 streams
Soulg
I have arrhythmia
fucking everybody good at this game has some kind of health problem
pielak213
­
thelewa

Soulg wrote:

I have arrhythmia
fucking everybody good at this game has some kind of health problem
everybody has some kind of health problem
Lach
so what you're saying is i have to fap run until my heart beat matches the bpm of the song i am trying to stream, is this your secret lewa? accuracy master
RaneFire
I practiced streams and I have problems with everything else except streams now. When I see a stream I'm like "THANK YOU! FREE POINTS!"

Get random 100's, then a stream comes and SSSSSS. Then back to getting 100's and misses. It's horrible.

thelewa wrote:

streaming is not rocket science

in fact it's so simple that everyone who can't figure it out should be sent to a concentration camp and get turned into soap
Is there a camp for me?

Also I have several health problems, why me no gud??? :(
GoldenWolf

Lach wrote:

so what you're saying is i have to fap run until my heart beat matches the bpm of the song i am trying to stream, is this your secret lewa? accuracy master
hey let's play mad machine
Weed

GoldenWolf wrote:

Lach wrote:

hey let's play mad machine
my heart hurts just thinking about that
thelewa

Lach wrote:

nah my secret is actually thinking about what I might be doing wrong and trying to actively fix those things instead of just spamming streamy maps like a retard
Topic Starter
Pengua
So, I did some testing and it turns out I'm really inconsistent with streaming, so besides spamming stream maps, oh great lewa, how else can I build consistency?
Weed

thelewa wrote:

nah my secret is actually thinking about what I might be doing wrong and trying to actively fix those things instead of just spamming streamy maps like a retard
thelewa

thelewa wrote: