osu!tablet official thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Makar
:Q______
KnightFire

peppy wrote:

I just cleared the first shipment through customs :). More updates to follow!

-snip-
Dang, that looks awesome! Are you possibly going to put up any more videos about the tablet before the first shipments go out to the people that have preordered already?
DJ Chihaya
Didn't have paypal account, suffered badly... Pls add more payment methods :(
Topic Starter
peppy

KnightFire wrote:

Dang, that looks awesome! Are you possibly going to put up any more videos about the tablet before the first shipments go out to the people that have preordered already?
I'll have high res photos and video up tonight or tomorrow :)
KnightFire

peppy wrote:

KnightFire wrote:

I'll have high res photos and video up tonight or tomorrow :)
Awesome! Thanks :D

For some reason I'm hyped to get my hands on this tablet to try it out..... (Would be nice to get it before Christmas, would be a nice gift. nudge nudge ;) )
Horo
Please excuse me if this is already answered somewhere, but is it micro-USB or mini-USB?

Micro breaks like nothing. It looks like this is mini from the pictures.

Still preordered regardless.
KnightFire

Horo wrote:

Please excuse me if this is already answered somewhere, but is it micro-USB or mini-USB?

Micro breaks like nothing. It looks like this is mini from the pictures.

Still preordered regardless.
I do believe it is miniusb.
Topic Starter
peppy
It's mini, yes.

If you really need one by Christmas, I am able to send it, but I can't do this for all orders (I will have to manually post them). If you have a preorder and don't care about the cost, I am happy to manually fulfill such orders for US$60 including postage (around $10-15 more than if you are happy to wait). In this case, please contact me via email (pe@ppy.sh) with subject "osu!tablet before christmas" with your osu! username and paypal email address.

I have exceeded my time allocation for sending christmas orders! Anyone who sent an email already is fine.
kriers
Hey peppy, can I come by in Tokyo on Saturday the 21st and pay you directly?
Frostmourne

kriers wrote:

This sentence hurts me for some reason kriers :( (I would have been there on 21st)
Horo

peppy wrote:

It's mini, yes.
Thanks.
Topic Starter
peppy

kriers wrote:

I won't be available on the 21st, sorry (out of the country until the 25th).
Myth_Riffter
Only one thing needs to be said, Peppy you are a good guy
TimKuchiki
Anyone know the cost to ship to US?
kriers

peppy wrote:

I won't be available on the 21st, sorry (out of the country until the 25th).
Alright.

Frostmourne wrote:

This sentence hurts me for some reason kriers :( (I would have been there on 21st)
I had no idea you could have been there on the 21st :o
Actually I'm really sorry I couldn't come to Tokyo that time. It's probably one of my greatest regrets this year. My sister wants to drag me through eastern Asia next year, though. Possibilities arise!
KnightFire

TimKuchiki wrote:

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/ems.html
Raging Bull

Frostmourne wrote:

kriers wrote:

Hahaha
Bbles
YAYY now i can just read all the replies and drool at the tablet because i dont have much money to buy one TTwTT
Rave

Bbles wrote:

YAYY now i can just read all the replies and drool at the tablet because i dont have much money to buy one TTwTT
look under your couch
onlice1

Frostmourne wrote:

I could give out feedback as I were the tester in those videos.
I will give it as a bamboo/intuos (Wacom) user for a long time.

Pen
- Not too light and not too heavy
- Grip it quite comfortably (more than wacom tablet) as the body is not too thin and it was somewhat like a rubber that you won't slip a pen
when you are a bit sweaty from playing osu!
- Tapping feedback is as same as Bamboo and intuos I use (can't figure out any differences) but it doesn't have different pressure level?
- The pen nip can open or close like ordinary pen does. (when you press the button on the pen's head)
- A bit little delay when hovering compared with those wacom stuffs but it doesn't affect anything (probably the pc for testing wasn't that good for testing)

Tablet area
- I got used to it quickly though. The area was a bit smaller than the bamboo one.
- When dragging a pen on the tablet, it was more slippery than the bamboo but it's not too slippery to the point you can't control anything.

I personally think osu!tablet is worth for 30$. I used something like 30$ before using the bamboo and it was way too worse compared with this one.
So yea, looking forward to it \:D/
Thank you for your feedback :)
I am a Chinese player and I have used some tablet made by HUION to play osu! before. I think it is too slippery to play osu! compared to bamboo(especially in some extreme songs). I found you have also mentioned that problem. So do you think osu! tablet can perform better than other version of HUION?
Arras

TimKuchiki wrote:

~1500 yen according to that EMS site, which is about $15.
Topic Starter
peppy

onlice1 wrote:

I am a Chinese player and I have used some tablet made by HUION to play osu! before. I think it is too slippery to play osu! compared to bamboo(especially in some extreme songs). I found you have also mentioned that problem. So do you think osu! tablet can perform better than other version of HUION?
It will likely work the same. If you find it too slippery, try coating it with something? Contact paper or even just standard paper?
DJ Chihaya
Can I pre-order more than 1 osu! Tablet with same ID? I need it for myself and xmas gift... :)
RBRat3

onlice1 wrote:

Think it's better off that way, Both my wacoms tablet surfaces eventually got polished off to a mirror finish by the time osu! got a hold of them so even if it had a heavy matte finish it wont keep for long. Used to have to take a sander to the graphire to get my surface back :P
Rain Blizzard
What if the tablet that we pre-ordered got some defects ?
scottyyy

RBRat3 wrote:

onlice1 wrote:

Think it's better off that way, Both my wacoms tablet surfaces eventually got polished off to a mirror finish by the time osu! got a hold of them so even if it had a heavy matte finish it wont keep for long. Used to have to take a sander to the graphire to get my surface back :P
Is it possible to wear out a tablet surface to the point of it not being usable anymore? With my Wacom I put a screen protector on it (I quite like the slippery feel) because I didn't want to damage it. Just wondering if that is even necessary.
RBRat3

scottyyy wrote:

Is it possible to wear out a tablet surface to the point of it not being usable anymore? With my Wacom I put a screen protector on it (I quite like the slippery feel) because I didn't want to damage it. Just wondering if that is even necessary.
No not to my knowledge, the pen will die out way before you manage to bore a hole all the way through it :P
12 years and 5 pens I have yet to make it through the tablets overlay...
You can put what ever you want atop of the tablet as long as it isn't metalic and overly thick just make sure you can get it back off. Depending on the model you have the surfaces are usually replaceable.
Topic Starter
peppy

Rain Blizzard wrote:

What if you got hit by a bus after you ordered it?
Raging Bull
hahahaha
DJ Chihaya

peppy wrote:

Rain Blizzard wrote:

What if you got hit by a bus after you ordered it?
what if u add more payment methods just like supporting osu!
really want pre-order but no PayPal at all... :(
[ Ryou ]
Hey, sorry if this has been asked before (22 pages late), if you release what the price will be after shipping, can we back out of the pre-order? I probably won't personally but there seems to be a lot of people discouraged by the vague pricing.
scottyyy

Ryouboss wrote:

Hey, sorry if this has been asked before (22 pages late), if you release what the price will be after shipping, can we back out of the pre-order? I probably won't personally but there seems to be a lot of people discouraged by the vague pricing.
The pricing isn't vague at all. It says the exact amount right there on the EMS page linked on the preorder page.

1800 yen to europe. It will cost £28 total to buy one in the UK. Maybe less if peppy can work out cheaper postage, but assume £28.
Zexion
DO WANT DO WANT! Preordered! :D
Topic Starter
peppy
It's amazing how even when I make people check boxes confirming they have read, they really haven't :(.
Arras

peppy wrote:

It's amazing how even when I make people check boxes confirming they have read, they really haven't :(.
Accepting Terms and Conditions is usually a checkbox too and nearly no one reads those :P
But yeah, not even reading the text next to the the checkboxes is somewhat impressive.
[ Ryou ]

scottyyy wrote:

Ryouboss wrote:

The pricing isn't vague at all. It says the exact amount right there on the EMS page linked on the preorder page.

1800 yen to europe. It will cost £28 total to buy one in the UK. Maybe less if peppy can work out cheaper postage, but assume £28.
Well he wrote: Price: ~$30 + shipping (not finalised)

Pretty ambiguous to me. Though I don't expect the price to fluctuate much and I expect it to be around £30 including shipping for us.
Full Tablet

Ryouboss wrote:

Well he wrote: Price: ~$30 + shipping (not finalised)

Pretty ambiguous to me. Though I don't expect the price to fluctuate much and I expect it to be around £30 including shipping for us.
$30 + 1800yen to UK.
QuadPiece

peppy wrote:

They must have some special ability to ignore even the most obvious text in the universe!
hornage_r
Just pre ordered it, cannot wait!
Espionage724
I have two OS-specific concerns:

1. Under Windows 8, tablet pen clicks cause the cursor to halt for a brief moment and then update to the next location. Is this fixable via drivers for this tablet?
2. Under Linux, some tablets exhibit strange cursor movement (the cursor moves to the next location instead of updating instantly; tap bottom right, then top left, and the cursor moves on the screen quickly from bottom right to top left, instead of teleporting). Does this tablet do this?
show more