forum

TWC #Scandinavia

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
boat

Good evening dudes and dudettes.

With the TWC coming up I figured I'd make this thread before tanaka makes a crappy one in preparation, since (roughly) three months may sound like quite a bit of time but in reality most of us will be pretty busy throughout both December and January. I hear a couple of fairly new players have some interest in participating as well so it's crucial to be prepared.

Schedule/Info
Registration Phase: Mid - End of January 2014
Group Stage and Robin Round Stages: February 2014
Finals: Begin of March 2014
3 v 3 Tournament in Taiko
Team size: 6
Binational teams: No
Multiple teams per country: No
HardRock/Hidden/DoubleTime/FreeMod Bracket
The rules and general information can be found in the Taiko World Cup 2014 Wiki.

The current Swedish team

Send me a PM if you live in Sweden (got a Swedish flag) and an interested in playing.
Chokladboll
inb4 I need to practice
MyAngelMiori
This sounds interesting. Did any Scandinavian teams participate in the last TWC?
Topic Starter
boat

Bnyuu wrote:

This sounds interesting. Did any Scandinavian teams participate in the last TWC?

TWC #3 wrote:

Denmark-Norway: TraxieChan, Zheant, Dolphin, Agu
MyAngelMiori
Whoa, how did I not see that?

Why didn't Sweden have a team? Not having enough players wouldn't surprise me though, but I've only been around a year so I don't know much.
Topic Starter
boat
because

Xytox
Mandatory Xytox post.

Gogo Sweden carry wooo. #swedishcomeback
Gyuunyu
I do play taiko... sometimes
Dolphin
Even though I'm kinda inactive in the playing scene at the moment, I'm interested.
After playing a lot of IIDX/BMS my overall accuracy has greatly improved (not saying the one on my profile has, just in general)
My preferred mod is Hidden, although HardRock isn't too much of a trouble anymore as I like fast scrolling, and my accuracy isn't too bad anymore.

Give me a shout if its possible/needed for me to join.
Tanaka
Interested here :D
Topic Starter
boat
Might as well add in that I'll probably play if you want me to, however only HR picks.

My eyes are a bit better and hopefully I'll be in shape to play well by the time of the tournament.
kriers
I recently started taiko so I doubt I'll be good enough in time for the registration :o
Topic Starter
boat
That's alright, I've been playing for two years and I still can't pass kantans.

The main priority is having fun, that's what games are all about.
kriers
We'll see, I guess. I might get a lot better by February since taiko is my main mode right now and it's definitely something I'm going to work on anyway.
CXu
Taikriers
Chokladboll
inb4 kriers can mouseonly taiko
MyAngelMiori

boat wrote:

The main priority is having fun, that's what games are all about.
I wish my parents were like that. They're like, "Either win or go home." Bloody Asian parents.

boat, please take me in as your child. I'll behave, I promise.
Tanaka
Getting pretty close, shouldn't we make some plan about this?
MyAngelMiori
All players who would like to participate in TCW should report in ASAP so we can discuss the teams and other important matters.
Tanaka
Well, I guess... Reporting in.
Tanaka
So from further reading. Bi-national teams are NOT OK.
There will be 3-4 players from each country.
I'd gladly be there for Sweden. I know Bnyuu will be as well, that just leaves (AT LEAST!) another player for Sweden.
Norway and Denmark, that leaves you to makes teams (if you want). Let's try and do something now, stop being lazy everyone!
Dolphin
Hi. Where are the Norwegian players at?
Topic Starter
boat
The OP needed an update so it got one.

The fancy pictures are broken because I forgot to pay the bill, they'll be up once I'm done with sleeping on a bench in the park.