forum

How crappy is my osu loadout really?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
brother nori
I told some people what I was using to play osu and my settings and they laughed at me a lot. Is this really all that pathetic?

mouse: this logitech wireless mouse thing
keyboard: this logitech wireless keyboard thing
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/w ... 50?crid=27

tablet: wacom bamboo splash or whatever
http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Spla ... B0089VGPII

mouse, I use at 1.3x sensitivity.
keyboard, I alternate the D and F keys.
tablet I don't use very much, but I play full area mouse mode 2.3x sensitivity, keeping the pen held down on the tablet and hitting with D and F keys.

Is this reasonable? or am I a abomination to the osu world?
sorry if this is something over-posted, couldn't find any rules/guidelines (its probably somewhere obvious but can someone link me?) so I just guesstimated these forums go by common sense rules.
stuffycatz
I'm using a shitty logitech mouse and keyboard here.
Nothing abnormal about using something that is not branded.
pielak213
­
Francis
I also use a wireless logitech mouse and keyboard and I too use 1.3x when playing with mouse.
There is nothing wrong with what you are using, and those people who laughed at you deserve to be punished.
Weed
Should be just fine, I used a similar setup for awhile. Find out what you like and stick with it :D
nrl
I'd say you should be using the tablet at 1.0x osu! sensitivity, but I don't know if it actually messes with anything. I'd also say you should try to switch to hovering your pen, but that's really a preference thing.

Pettanko wrote:

Using 'mouse mode' on your tablet pretty much defeats the entire purpose of using a tablet to play osu!
I totally missed this. I guess it's really all your personal preference, but mouse mode really does defeat the purpose of using a tablet with osu!.
Pettanko
Using 'mouse mode' on your tablet pretty much defeats the entire purpose of using a tablet to play osu!, so I recommend using 'pen mode' and 1.0x whenever you're using it to play. Nothing wrong with your keyboard as long as there isn't a noticeable delay on input when you're pressing keys. As for your mouse, as long as it points to where you want it to go then it's fine, isn't it?
AmaiHachimitsu
Wireless is cancer, thank you.

Any other sensitivity than 1.0 is cancer too.

But there is no need to waste money on shitty game, you can do quite ok with that setting.
Roricon
I've played osu! until last friday with the same mouse then you (it's 1000dpi and I used 6/11 i, windows), but I had problems doing spinners and then changed to the razer deathadder and the difference was unbelievable. My spinning went from 250 spm average to 320 spm and my gameplay overall improved. I feel that I've made more improvement on my last 300 plays with my deathadder then i did in 3k plays on the logitech mouse.
There are so many maps i couldnt pass even after 30+ plays wich i passed in 1-3 plays since i have the deathadder. So for me just changing my mouse made a huge difference.

I've also changed from a dome to a mech keyboard(blacks) two weeks ago and for me changing from dome to mech didnt help alot.
neurosis
i think everything there is fine except not using the tablet on 1.0x.
buny
use pen mode...
Cozzzy
Other than tablet set on mouse mode, yeah it's fine. Wireless isn't ideal, but it's still possible to set some good scores with it. If you're in a position to choose, I'd generally stay away from Logitech peripherals for gaming though; with the exception of the G400 mouse and Ultra X Flat keyboard, I haven't had great experiences with them.
Topic Starter
brother nori
Well, I guess it's a relief to know that it's crappy, but I can still get by with it. I'm clearly committing a tablet sin though, so I guess I'll switch to 1.0x/pen mode/restricted area. Maybe I'm using my tablet all wrong is why I prefer mouse so much. @tomden very insightful answer, I do have trouble with spinners so I'll look into this deathadder in the future. I mean, as a broke kid (as someone mentioned, I didn't realize my age was public, fixing that shit asap) I don't exactly have $70 to drop on a gaming mouse when my PC can hardly play games anyway, so maybe when I start that paid internship junior year I'll be okay to upgrade.
ballplay
i play on a laptop and my keyboard is pretty worn out. sometimes i would get a 5 ms response time but i'd just reset my laptop and it will be fixed for a while. and i use a tablet
nrl
You don't need to restrict your tablet area, full area is perfectly acceptable.
NobodySawThis
If it helps to elevate your self-esteem,I've played the game for 2 years, 1st year with a ball mouse(shit so old, it deserved to be an antique shop), and the second with this brandless mouse I got for a cheap price. My keyboard is 10 years old( it comes along as a set for the windows XP).

BUT I'M DESPERATE FOR BETTER GEAR TO PLAY THIS GAME!!! :x IM STUCK WITH FOSSILS UNTIL I GOT SOME MONEY TO SPARE
MarioBound
osu! aint about flashy expensive hardware, its about skill.
thelewa

MarioBound wrote:

Rori Vidi Veni
tretrgtrttetteteteereter
nrl

MarioBound wrote:

You will see improvements with flashy expensive hardware, though.
buny

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

MarioBound wrote:

You will see improvements with flashy expensive hardware, though.
that's what they tell themselves
JAKACHAN
Doomsday disagrees with hardware needing to be amazing to perform well (cheap ass mouse).
Reisen disagrees with hardware needing to be amazing to perform well (250 BPM with a rubber dome)
Cookiezi disagreed as well for the same reason (banned forever, revolution deathsquad rubber dome)
Blue Dragon disagrees as well (Used a cheap ass tablet with a bent pen for how long?)
One of the best headphones both Pancake and I have used was a 20 dollar logitech headset.

Every argument for every piece of hardware has now been removed.
Dexus
So if you gave a player:

A: a Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro, a trackman mouse, a computer from 2004, a monitor with a response time of 30ms or more.

B: a red switch keyboard, a wacom tablet, a recently made computer configured well, and a 120hz lightboost enabled monitor with 1ms response time

Which do you think would adjust to the game faster and be better?
JAKACHAN

Dexus wrote:

So if you gave a player:

A: a Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro, a trackman mouse, a computer from 2004, a monitor with a response time of 30ms or more.

B: a red switch keyboard, a wacom tablet, a recently made computer configured well, and a 120hz lightboost enabled monitor with 1ms response time

Which do you think would adjust to the game faster and be better?
If you polish a turd it's still a turd. If you give a shitty gamer good peripherals they are still a shitty gamer.

I've dealt with the same thing in climbing. You can put a good set of climbing shoes on a climber and they may help but there were people climbing the same shit we do in nice climbing shoes in hiking boots 30 years ago.
Natt
More skill based than hardware based.

Although mechanical keyboards do make these neat clicky sounds when you click them.
show more