forum

osu!tablet official thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
DeamonHunter
Man this would be so good. I can't wait to get this!
- T s u k i h i -

Natsu wrote:

Marcin wrote:

My body money is ready.
Shiyu_old_1
Yes pls.
Remco
Such tablet much wow very osu! wow many pen cool grip

But seriously I can't wait for it ;D
Twaoi
so cool!
Erodote
Amazing ! I will buy an osu!tablet too !
I hope it will be avaible for Christmas :D
MiracleWake_DELETED
Look nice! :)
My money is ready for that stuff. I can't wait for it 8-)
MinkiHatsune
There is still one more thing that bother me beside the shipping : Taxes. What will the tax be if I import this to Europe. Hopefully not too much though :)

Can't wait ^^
rh73
Why has nobody commented on the position of usb slot and cable? In the example video the cable runs under the player's left hand and around the laptop. Awkward. Problem is the logo on the tablet, if you flip it so the cable is out of the way the logo will be upside down (and this is assuming the tablet drivers support left/right handed mode, but I would expect that from any tablet driver). With the majority of osu players being right handed this decision surprises me.

I have a Wacom Bamboo and they solved it in a better way which I would suggest to consider for future designs of this tablet, the "Bamboo" text is on the side in the inactive area and aligned in a way that you can read it well flipped either way. I think it would be better to do that with the osu! logo, too. Make it smaller, rotate by 90 degrees and move it to the inactive area, having just the neutral design which looks the same upside down in the active area. And other colors! I would totally buy a black or maybe neon one, but white doesn't appeal to me.

I think the biggest selling point is the pen which looks very sexy. The Bamboo pen kinda sucks, it's a bit too thick and too light. But 1cm detect range sounds a bit low, I just looked up specs and Bamboo has 16mm. Though with some practice that shouldn't be much of an issue.

And, as others mentioned, a customized mechanical numpad would be very great. I don't want to buy a mechanical keyboard just for osu (yet, probably I will once I get better at the game), so having some usb gadget with just enough keys to play would be pretty cool. I imagine this would be most interesting for laptop players, too.
Spyrunite
I would think in most cases you can just curve the wire around to the right. Just depends on how exactly you position the tablet, but I know that that won't be a problem for me.

I was thinking about that osu keypad thing, and would something this this be that? It has mechanical keys and the way it holds your hand I would think it would be beneficial. Obviously this isn't meant for osu, but I guess it could be better. I guess i'm just surprised I haven't seen this mentioned before.
P3RXG
To my speculation, I think that a osu!keyboard would be good for us catch the beat players (:
Rori Vidi Veni
You need 2 mechanical keys if you're going for standard only, 3 keys for CtB, 4 for taiko and 8 keys for mania(unless 9k is actually coming), and then some membrane keys to bind to pause, chat etc. And even then 9 mechanical keys and a bunch of membrane keys would be cheaper than 20 mech keys + joystick + branding.

Also, Razer has a very random build quality these days, my uncle owns a computer store, and he's seen their products everywhere in the range from passing the warranty properly to being broken in the box. It's almost if they care more about PR than technicalities...
Migmend
Awesome! I was going to buy a tablet but now im gonna wait for this!

What about the payment methods?

Also, in my opinion, the gray prototype was looking better than the new one, because.. u know... pink.
Spyrunite

Kuruku-san wrote:

You need 2 mechanical keys if you're going for standard only, 3 keys for CtB, 4 for taiko and 8 keys for mania(unless 9k is actually coming), and then some membrane keys to bind to pause, chat etc. And even then 9 mechanical keys and a bunch of membrane keys would be cheaper than 20 mech keys + joystick + branding.

Also, Razer has a very random build quality these days, my uncle owns a computer store, and he's seen their products everywhere in the range from passing the warranty properly to being broken in the box. It's almost if they care more about PR than technicalities...
Yeah, I wasn't recommending getting it. As far as I am aware though they make the only mechanical keypad.
tsundoll

Karamu-Kun wrote:

To my speculation, I think that a osu!keyboard would be good for us catch the beat players (:
Let me tell you why that's a bad idea. Most of us CtB players have a preferred mechanical switch. Some of us like Red, some like Black, some like Brown, etc.
TimKuchiki

rh73 wrote:

Why has nobody commented on the position of usb slot and cable? In the example video the cable runs under the player's left hand and around the laptop. Awkward. Problem is the logo on the tablet, if you flip it so the cable is out of the way the logo will be upside down (and this is assuming the tablet drivers support left/right handed mode, but I would expect that from any tablet driver). With the majority of osu players being right handed this decision surprises me.

I have a Wacom Bamboo and they solved it in a better way which I would suggest to consider for future designs of this tablet, the "Bamboo" text is on the side in the inactive area and aligned in a way that you can read it well flipped either way. I think it would be better to do that with the osu! logo, too. Make it smaller, rotate by 90 degrees and move it to the inactive area, having just the neutral design which looks the same upside down in the active area. And other colors! I would totally buy a black or maybe neon one, but white doesn't appeal to me.

I think the biggest selling point is the pen which looks very sexy. The Bamboo pen kinda sucks, it's a bit too thick and too light. But 1cm detect range sounds a bit low, I just looked up specs and Bamboo has 16mm. Though with some practice that shouldn't be much of an issue.

And, as others mentioned, a customized mechanical numpad would be very great. I don't want to buy a mechanical keyboard just for osu (yet, probably I will once I get better at the game), so having some usb gadget with just enough keys to play would be pretty cool. I imagine this would be most interesting for laptop players, too.
A mechanical keyboard will help with a lot of things on the computer. Not just Osu!
rh73

TimKuchiki wrote:

A mechanical keyboard will help with a lot of things on the computer. Not just Osu!
My favorite keyboard so far was an ergonomic Microsoft thing ages ago with that wide triangle space between left and right. And it had a bluetooth receiver :3 Sadly for my current job I have to use random setups every other day so I went back to standard cheap rectangular brick keyboard at home.
LordDios
can't wait :D
fartownik

LordDios wrote:

can't wait :D
This town is not big enough for both of us, sir.
fedoragoose

fartownik wrote:

This town is not big enough for both of us, sir.
Omg it is that famous osu!player fwortanik, can you sign my osu!tablet as soon as I have it?
Akhlis_old
I have a tablet, but you know what... I'm going to buy this!
Where do I sign up for the newsletter related to release day? :3

Really... I can't miss this ♥
Lansiq
Nice, would really love to get one in Black and Pink :D
jaselee
i love it i hope the price stays the same if not lower i would love a black one or maybe even the one in the video

and also maybe a pre order bonus maybe? ( signed by peppy ) or maybe somthing else i would mind paying extra
FluffyStorm
imma wait for an osu! mechanical keyboard i am thinking of Cherry MX pink switches XD
Architecture
Super excited for this, is there a way to recieve an email notificaion when the tablets will be available to preorder or should we just keep an eye on the thread?
-SprinG-
I am waiting~~ <3
BerserQ
Cool o/ gj ppy
Ruhe
Have you decide on the shipping price ? Because i really want this osu!tablet. 30USD convert to BND is somewhere 45-50 ( i'm not sure about this, exchange rate keeps changing time-to-time ). Good job though for inventing this osu!tablet.
Genshin
Drivers? OS support?
I hope to make osu! detect and support it out-of-the-box with no drivers. TBA

It works as an absolute pointing device on Vista+ and OS X without drivers. It comes with a driver CD and the drivers allow for selecting tablet area etc. as you would expect.
I hope it will work on win xp as well :cry:
SV001

Super Vegito wrote:

imma wait for an osu! mechanical keyboard i am thinking of Cherry MX pink switches XD
A two-key keyboard.
Innocentius
After read this I just wanna say :
I WANT ONE! How can I get it???
Hyperspace
I want it.
Zare
I don't know about the 15ms delay this seems to have. I mean yeah, this is not very much, but I'm afraid it might get notable when playing 270+ BPM jumps (and yes, there are enough maps and players in that range to justify this concering me)
Can anyone tell me how much delay a Wacom tablet has, as a comparison? If it's around the same, nvm me.
DJ Chihaya
when will osu! tablet available? and I have suggestion.

Online buying method just like Supporting osu! it can be done by using other methods other than PayPal
just as Game-*n or *AVE-POINT (in my country), it'll help osu! player that doesnt have PayPal and/or Master Card just like as me :(

will Appreciate ur response, thx before peppy! :)
Trash Boat
with which OS is compatible the tablet? i hope its compatible with XP, too
-Iliya-
Great idea! can't wait to buy it! :)
Rave
is it even possible to rest your hand on this thing lol
Jafem

Rave wrote:

is it even possible to rest your hand on this thing lol
probably not. But you can use your table or desk for that :D
Rave
doesn't seem like it would feel right
Jacky
Wow.
10/10 would buy. Definitely something I'm looking forward to! :)
show more