forum

osu!tablet official thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
dinopwn
Might as well get this instead of the bamboo tablet :D
But the shipping :(
Also can this tablet be used for tablet only?
Rewben2

dinopwn wrote:

Sorry, but what?
dinopwn

Rewben2 wrote:

dinopwn wrote:

Sorry, but what?
Like hitting the notes with the tablet instead of using the keyboard
Rewben2

dinopwn wrote:

Like hitting the notes with the tablet instead of using the keyboard
It has pressure sensitivity so it should be able to.
destiny244
Hey Peppy, I and some others find it hard to get it through credit card, so would you be willing to put it onto amazon too? Then I could charge an amazon card and buy it that way.
Thanks
QuadPiece
*Instantly regrets ordering my tablet on Black Friday*
Topic Starter
peppy

Noctali wrote:

I was thinking, are there grips or something to prevent the tablet from moving if it's accidently touched while playing ?
It has rubber feet and is quite stable.

destiny244 wrote:

Hey Peppy, I and some others find it hard to get it through credit card, so would you be willing to put it onto amazon too? Then I could charge an amazon card and buy it that way.
Thanks
You can get prepaid credit cards, which are accepted by paypal.
Juunooo
I love how the aim of this is to allow more users to experience how a tablet feels like in osu! with the low cost. Good job peppy :D
Pendual
i can't read
Foizle
It looks sooo nice. I hope there are some available and they don't all get bought one day one away from me. :lol:
Trash Boat
wow this idea seems to attract a lot of rookies that aspire to something in this game. nice job, peppy!
Noctali

peppy wrote:

Noctali wrote:

I was thinking, are there grips or something to prevent the tablet from moving if it's accidently touched while playing ?
It has rubber feet and is quite stable.

I'm definitely gonna buy one then, thanks !
Azean
Keep us posted about pre-orders! I'll stand in the digital line if I have to.
TimKuchiki

Azean wrote:

Keep us posted about pre-orders! I'll stand in the digital line if I have to.
Same. I want one as soon as possible! I am still concerned about the shipping cost though...
Santeri
I hope this'll be coming out soon because I really want a tablet for osu, but as we all know, they're all really expensive. Except for this one.
apple_piez
now for the osu! mechanical keyboard, sporting only 4 keys: scoreboard, z, x and retry
Oinari-sama

apple_piez wrote:

now for the osu! mechanical keyboard, sporting only 4 keys: scoreboard, z, x and retry
Actually an osu mechanical numpad wouldn't be a bad idea at all
ShinTen_U
好期待啊!!!真心想买一个! :)
Ryo--_old
I want to buy it!!
KnightFire

apple_piez wrote:

I think it should also have an alt key and an F4 key. Maybe even have those two keys next to each other.
ni_v_yi
刚好最近想收一块板子。
Marcin
My money is ready.
Natsu

Marcin wrote:

My body money is ready.
DeamonHunter
Man this would be so good. I can't wait to get this!
- T s u k i h i -

Natsu wrote:

Marcin wrote:

My body money is ready.
Shiyu_old_1
Yes pls.
Remco
Such tablet much wow very osu! wow many pen cool grip

But seriously I can't wait for it ;D
Twaoi
so cool!
Erodote
Amazing ! I will buy an osu!tablet too !
I hope it will be avaible for Christmas :D
MiracleWake_DELETED
Look nice! :)
My money is ready for that stuff. I can't wait for it 8-)
MinkiHatsune
There is still one more thing that bother me beside the shipping : Taxes. What will the tax be if I import this to Europe. Hopefully not too much though :)

Can't wait ^^
rh73
Why has nobody commented on the position of usb slot and cable? In the example video the cable runs under the player's left hand and around the laptop. Awkward. Problem is the logo on the tablet, if you flip it so the cable is out of the way the logo will be upside down (and this is assuming the tablet drivers support left/right handed mode, but I would expect that from any tablet driver). With the majority of osu players being right handed this decision surprises me.

I have a Wacom Bamboo and they solved it in a better way which I would suggest to consider for future designs of this tablet, the "Bamboo" text is on the side in the inactive area and aligned in a way that you can read it well flipped either way. I think it would be better to do that with the osu! logo, too. Make it smaller, rotate by 90 degrees and move it to the inactive area, having just the neutral design which looks the same upside down in the active area. And other colors! I would totally buy a black or maybe neon one, but white doesn't appeal to me.

I think the biggest selling point is the pen which looks very sexy. The Bamboo pen kinda sucks, it's a bit too thick and too light. But 1cm detect range sounds a bit low, I just looked up specs and Bamboo has 16mm. Though with some practice that shouldn't be much of an issue.

And, as others mentioned, a customized mechanical numpad would be very great. I don't want to buy a mechanical keyboard just for osu (yet, probably I will once I get better at the game), so having some usb gadget with just enough keys to play would be pretty cool. I imagine this would be most interesting for laptop players, too.
Spyrunite
I would think in most cases you can just curve the wire around to the right. Just depends on how exactly you position the tablet, but I know that that won't be a problem for me.

I was thinking about that osu keypad thing, and would something this this be that? It has mechanical keys and the way it holds your hand I would think it would be beneficial. Obviously this isn't meant for osu, but I guess it could be better. I guess i'm just surprised I haven't seen this mentioned before.
P3RXG
To my speculation, I think that a osu!keyboard would be good for us catch the beat players (:
Rori Vidi Veni
You need 2 mechanical keys if you're going for standard only, 3 keys for CtB, 4 for taiko and 8 keys for mania(unless 9k is actually coming), and then some membrane keys to bind to pause, chat etc. And even then 9 mechanical keys and a bunch of membrane keys would be cheaper than 20 mech keys + joystick + branding.

Also, Razer has a very random build quality these days, my uncle owns a computer store, and he's seen their products everywhere in the range from passing the warranty properly to being broken in the box. It's almost if they care more about PR than technicalities...
Migmend
Awesome! I was going to buy a tablet but now im gonna wait for this!

What about the payment methods?

Also, in my opinion, the gray prototype was looking better than the new one, because.. u know... pink.
Spyrunite

Kuruku-san wrote:

You need 2 mechanical keys if you're going for standard only, 3 keys for CtB, 4 for taiko and 8 keys for mania(unless 9k is actually coming), and then some membrane keys to bind to pause, chat etc. And even then 9 mechanical keys and a bunch of membrane keys would be cheaper than 20 mech keys + joystick + branding.

Also, Razer has a very random build quality these days, my uncle owns a computer store, and he's seen their products everywhere in the range from passing the warranty properly to being broken in the box. It's almost if they care more about PR than technicalities...
Yeah, I wasn't recommending getting it. As far as I am aware though they make the only mechanical keypad.
tsundoll

Karamu-Kun wrote:

To my speculation, I think that a osu!keyboard would be good for us catch the beat players (:
Let me tell you why that's a bad idea. Most of us CtB players have a preferred mechanical switch. Some of us like Red, some like Black, some like Brown, etc.
TimKuchiki

rh73 wrote:

Why has nobody commented on the position of usb slot and cable? In the example video the cable runs under the player's left hand and around the laptop. Awkward. Problem is the logo on the tablet, if you flip it so the cable is out of the way the logo will be upside down (and this is assuming the tablet drivers support left/right handed mode, but I would expect that from any tablet driver). With the majority of osu players being right handed this decision surprises me.

I have a Wacom Bamboo and they solved it in a better way which I would suggest to consider for future designs of this tablet, the "Bamboo" text is on the side in the inactive area and aligned in a way that you can read it well flipped either way. I think it would be better to do that with the osu! logo, too. Make it smaller, rotate by 90 degrees and move it to the inactive area, having just the neutral design which looks the same upside down in the active area. And other colors! I would totally buy a black or maybe neon one, but white doesn't appeal to me.

I think the biggest selling point is the pen which looks very sexy. The Bamboo pen kinda sucks, it's a bit too thick and too light. But 1cm detect range sounds a bit low, I just looked up specs and Bamboo has 16mm. Though with some practice that shouldn't be much of an issue.

And, as others mentioned, a customized mechanical numpad would be very great. I don't want to buy a mechanical keyboard just for osu (yet, probably I will once I get better at the game), so having some usb gadget with just enough keys to play would be pretty cool. I imagine this would be most interesting for laptop players, too.
A mechanical keyboard will help with a lot of things on the computer. Not just Osu!
rh73

TimKuchiki wrote:

A mechanical keyboard will help with a lot of things on the computer. Not just Osu!
My favorite keyboard so far was an ergonomic Microsoft thing ages ago with that wide triangle space between left and right. And it had a bluetooth receiver :3 Sadly for my current job I have to use random setups every other day so I went back to standard cheap rectangular brick keyboard at home.
show more