forum

nano feat. MY FIRST STORY - SAVIOR OF SONG (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Skystar

Garven wrote:

[General]
Combo colors are still way too similar. fixed

[Easy]
00:46:116 (1) - Alright, now just give more recovery time after the spinner and we're good to go. Aim for about 3-4 beats for an Easy. fixed

[Insane]
00:45:023 - May as well snap the end of the break here. And maaaybe start the break at 00:43:148 - but it's already weird as a delayed break. I dunno. snapped the end, but keep start
There's still rampant new combo spam all over. I'll point them out individually later when I have some time. ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-;
Waiting on Kodora to fix the hidden notes.
EDIT: Updated Kodora's diff.
Kodora

Garven wrote:

Kodora wrote:

[Kodora]
00:14:866 (2) - This isn't acceptable for a Hard difficulty. The circle is completely hidden by the slider body. This is a technique that should be used sparingly in Insane level difficulties. This was designed as a Hard. Make it more visible. This guideline got changed to Avoid covering up objects with hitbursts, slider tracks, and other objects, especially in easier difficulties. Obscuring objects can make them difficult to read. There can be some exceptions where patterns have a clear and logical path and the timing for these objects can be told easily.. Main point here is real playability - In fact players have almost 300 ms to read this, and such circle plasement at this part shouldn't be real problem with AR 8:

00:36:898 (1,2,1,2) - You still have premature 1/2ulation at 00:36:898 (1,2,1,2) - It follows background guitar (Insane also have same rhythm at this point)

00:49:241 (2) - It's more about consistency of flow. It breaks your flow up until this point so I have to actually look at the map instead of just playing it and enjoying it. Not a good design move in the long run. Changed to manual stack ;___;

00:51:273 (4,1) - Real tears yo. They be fallin' Changed this

00:54:866 (1) - If there is an increase in intensity of the music, I sure am not hearing it. Especially to the degree that you're emphasizing it. It plays out of place to the music itself. Second repetition is also "stronger" than first one. And main point - imo, it will looks boring if second repetition will be same as first.

01:04:866 (1) - ^

01:07:991 (2) - This is unacceptable for a Hard difficulty. Make it less covered please.
Changed this

Yuko: No rush. I figure I may as well clean up the guest diffs while waiting for you. q:
Ulysses
/__[.__.]-------/-
Garven
Sorry for the delay in getting back to this. Been busy.

[General]
Charles suggested you add Lum 142 to the Combo color 3.

I talked with Kodora about his difficulty in IRC and offered a pattern suggestion for the covered hitcircle.

[Insane]
So with the new combos, I'm mainly looking at the consecutive new combos used. So the following parts shouldn't really need to have so many new combos:
00:13:616 (2,1,1) -
00:18:616 (2,1,1,1) -
01:12:210 (1,1) -
01:19:241 (2,1,1) -
01:21:741 (2,1,1) -
01:24:085 (2,1,1,1) -
Compare the new combo sequence of 00:16:116 (2,1,1) - to 00:11:116 (2,1,2,3,1) -
00:32:523 (1) - During this part you keep changing from either doing 2 combos per measure (tall white tick) or 1 combo per measure. Make it consistent. It looks tacky.
Topic Starter
Skystar
All fixed.
I wish it should be fine now...

EDIT: updated Kodora's diff.
Garven
Your wish is my command.
Kodora
I love you Garven <3
Lust
Letsu go!
kanpakyin
Time to get this reranked.

Reranked!

(ノ・ω・)ノ
Broccoly
Nice
Re-gratz!!!!
Kinomi
Yuko >3<
slaps kodora
Kodora
<3

hentai Yomi

EDIT: SOMEONE PLEASE REMOVE ALL SCORES
Scorpiour
sorry for the inconvenience due to the score issue, please wait a while
Scorpiour
okay Kytoxid has wiped the score already after reported. so let's put it back
Kytoxid

Scorpiour wrote:

okay Kytoxid has wiped the score already after reported. so let's put it back
Yep. Sorry for the confusion guys, hope not too much was lost from the last half hour or so. D:
YERTI
good map
-Neipezi
congratz skystar & kodora :3/
Pagliaccio
Finally! Gratz Yuko, Kodora :3
Irreversible
Ohh, I was just about to get to this... well gz u.u
Makar
Why do people let difficulty names like these by?
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1151082
Tell me, which is the hard difficulty? You can't say because there is no way to tell.

I mean wow at least some people put it in the description.
It's even more said when the difficulty of Kodora's difficulty used to be there but then it was removed
Faust
So uh..

for future ranked maps of this song I'd like to mention that this actually goes by "SAVIOR OF SONG (feat. MY FIRST STORY)"

I hope that doesn't down any of the congratulative mood, but yeah.
One could probably go both ways about this since the animated OP and Flying DOG have it as such. (Album tracklisting & meta has it the way I've mentioned)
Broccoly

Makar wrote:

You can't say because there is no way to tell.
you can tell from the object count, which is known to work well if the drain times are the same for all the difficulties
Makar

Broccoly wrote:

Makar wrote:

You can't say because there is no way to tell.
you can tell from the object count, which is known to work well if the drain times are the same for all the difficulties
You cant see this in multiplayer lobby.

Unrank inc.
Irreversible
Sorry for another unrank , but after a conversation with other BATs we decided that the hard should actually be called [Name of the GDer]'s Hard and not something that People can't tell what diff it should be.

-> Please fix the Name of the hard and call me back for re-rank. Scores won't be wiped!

Also add the romanized title (Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio) to the tags, and check Faust's post as well.

Sorry for inconveniences! :(
Makar
Renaming to "Kodora's Insane" and "Haku's Hard" should be okay
Darksonic
Next time, please check these details for future maps, should be obvious that people must know what are they playing, it isn't a really big issue though but difficulties should never be called as an user lol.
Nemis

I can't really explain my disappointment about this unranking. Good luck with re-re-ranking.
Broccoly

Then change this please

Nemis wrote:

I can't really explain my disappointment about this unranking. Good luck with re-re-ranking.
^
Pagliaccio
I just call~~~
To say~~~
I UNRUNK U
/me runs

Yuko achievement unlocked "Triple Unranked" yay :D
peppy
I can't explain my disappointment at the stupid difficulty names. Good luck with changing them to make sense.
Avena
Huh, I always complain about bad diff names, but I didn't know its an actual reason to get something unranked.
Andrea
Moved back to Pending Beatmaps.
Kodora

Nemis wrote:

Makar wrote:

"Kodora's Insane"
It's hard btw
Makar

Priti wrote:

Huh, I always complain about bad diff names, but I didn't know its an actual reason to get something unranked.
t/146542
Kinomi
Skystar is also a username 233

how about these https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/133813 https://osu.ppy.sh/s/111531
Nemis

peppy wrote:

I can't explain my disappointment at the stupid difficulty names. Good luck with changing them to make sense.
There is a sense renaming a diff from Creator -> Creator's Difficulty 'cause it helps the players choosing the difficulty, but I don't think there is one to do this just now, after years, without any rule that prohibits to select a custom name for the difficulty and also with this written in the editor. I would totally agree with you if there would be an existing rule that prohibits this!
peppy
Rules change. They just did.
Broccoly
Boy, this is actually really amusing

So this goes for all difficulties or just Hard and below?
Dainesl
Wow really I'm always late. Welp, re-re-re-good luck (is this the only mapset to have 3 unranks? ._.)
Makar

Broccoly wrote:

Boy, this is actually really amusing

So this goes for all difficulties or just Hard and below?
All.

The purpose of a difficulty name is to identify the difficulty level, not the creator.
show more