forum

Mouse pads

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rinku
Hi, currently I am a mouse user and am looking for a good mouse pad. Iv used a common plastic mouse pad for most of my Osu! career and recently bought a steel series qck mouse pad. Sadly I am disappointed with the amount of static friction that it has. I realize that cloth mats will always have more static friction than a hard mat but am looking for something better. My cloth yugioh playmat has less static friction then the qck.

So basically whats the best cloth mouse pad with the least amount of static friction possible that will still allow me to maintain my acc.

The only thing that I have found so far that may or may not be better is the Razer Goliathus. Thanks for all answers/opinions.
NixXSkate
QcK heavy instead? XD
I prefer the QcK heavy over the Goliathus, the friction is practically the same with those 2.

I never used the standard QcK, but I think it has more friction than the heavy and Goliathus.
Noobsicle
Goliathus Control Edition should be fine, haven't personally used a QcK doe.

Remember to always keep your mousepad clean c:
NixXSkate

Noobsicle wrote:

They want less friction, so they should go for the Goliathus Speed. (or QcK heavy)
Noobsicle

NixXSkate wrote:

Noobsicle wrote:

They want less friction, so they should go for the Goliathus Speed. (or QcK heavy)
Ironically enough the Speed edition has more friction than the Control edition :X

edit: derp my bad, got the two mixed up ._.
edit2: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1324356
Topic Starter
Rinku

NixXSkate wrote:

QcK heavy instead? XD
I prefer the QcK heavy over the Goliathus, the friction is practically the same with those 2.

I never used the standard QcK, but I think it has more friction than the heavy and Goliathus.
So the friction is the same between those two....

and control actually has less friction so does Razer Goliathus control win?
NixXSkate

-Rinku- wrote:

NixXSkate wrote:

QcK heavy instead? XD

So the friction is the same between those two....

and control actually has less friction so does Razer Goliathus control win?
Well after comparing the Goliathus Speed and the QcK heavy, I think the QcK heavy is smoother. I have no idea about the Goliathus Control, never used it.
But I'm telling ya, I love my QcK heavy so much more than the Goliathus Speed >_<
Roricon
Does anyone knows if the mousepads from cyborggaming are any good. http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/glide7.htm The size is bigger then the Qck heavy and it's also cheaper so if the quality is as good as that of a qck heavy i would buy this one instead.
Topic Starter
Rinku

tomden wrote:

Does anyone knows if the mousepads from cyborggaming are any good. http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/glide7.htm The size is bigger then the Qck heavy and it's also cheaper so if the quality is as good as that of a qck heavy i would buy this one instead.
I'v never heard of them but would also like to know :)
ct_warrior
I would highly recommend the Goliathus Control. It has less friction than the Goliathus Speed (I've tried both).
It's very consistent unlike the Qck+ which slows to a crawl (static friction increases) after it wears down. I've had it for about a year and it feels the same.

It's very firm too, which means that it doesn't sink in when you put a bit of weight on it. This is just as important as static friction if you palm grip or click at all.
Topic Starter
Rinku

ct_warrior wrote:

I would highly recommend the Goliathus Control. It has less friction than the Goliathus Speed (I've tried both).
It's very consistent unlike the Qck+ which slows to a crawl (static friction increases) after it wears down. I've had it for about a year and it feels the same.

It's very firm too, which means that it doesn't sink in when you put a bit of weight on it. This is just as important as static friction if you palm grip or click at all.
hmm sounds like ill plan on getting one soon then
RaneFire
Ye I pointed out before that the goliathus control surface stays fairly consistent for a long time. Also when it gets dirty the stuff falls in the grooves and doesn't get in the way too much.

QCK+ and speed pads require more maintenance but they're smoother. They just don't last as long and require cleaning frequently.

Had a control for 3 years now. QCK+ (had for only about 4 months now) is pretty decent for games like osu! where you need the glide, but I prefer the control in FPS games.

I think if you keep any pad around for long enough it gets harder to move on.

EDIT: Also one thing to note is that your mouse feet might be in bad shape after playing on a hard pad. They wear them down faster. Which will make cloth pads seem sticky.