forum

General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sapphiire_old_1
I never played one but i want to try it anny suggestions ?
Navizel
^Saya no Uta, G Senjou no Maou, Steins;Gate, and Grisaia no Kajitsu.
psKirika
^Does Steins;Gate have a 100% english translation?
Rio-

psKirika wrote:

^Does Steins;Gate have a 100% english translation?
It's supposed to be translated 100% long time ago... Still If You got the Japanese Language, You can patch It with English Patch
Steins;Gate - vndb
NoHitter

Otonashi07 wrote:

^Saya no Uta, G Senjou no Maou, Steins;Gate, and Grisaia no Kajitsu.
Don't play Saya no Uta if you have a weak constitution. It takes quite a bit to stomach that one.
Navizel

NoHitter wrote:

Don't play Saya no Uta if you have a weak constitution. It takes quite a bit to stomach that one.
Oh yeah forgot about the warning. My bad.
Navizel
Finished with Sachi and Yumiko's route in Grisaia. Yumiko's route not that bad (wtf mal people)

probably going Makina first before Michiru's. They say Michiru has the best route but I guess save the best for last? Though not really sure if it's that good. Looks like she has a split personality but w/e

aaand..little progress on 999. I only play it once in a while.
Magicphoenix
What the fuck is your source, honestly, Otonashi07?

For me it's Yumiko > Sachi > Amane > Michiru > Makina
NoHitter
Makina route is Yuuji's route :P
You get to see how awesome he is.
Navizel

Magicphoenix wrote:

Myanimelist ppl
GGNorth
I've played quite a few over the year, currently I'm playing JustyxNasty. The game is still untranslated so my Japanese studies only allow me to cover about 20% of what they're saying :P
Jacqli
Help!
For those who have ever played Yumina The Ethereal , i need your help!

i can't put my skills into the my skill list even i already got it D:

any solution? please. . .
Dumie
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate is almost translated into English~ :DDD
JokerFate
is there any good VN in psp?
ampzz
Time for a bunch of replies to a few things said in here since I haven't been around for a while.

Response to Jacqli

Jacqli wrote:

Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji 100% English Patch has just been released! :D
About a third the size of Hoshimemo which was rather short-lived if you ask my opinion, then again, at least it didn't drag anything senselessly out since I finished in quite a ridiculously short amount of time when the patch was finalised and released.

Response to NoHitter

NoHitter wrote:

Really? I've recommended it to quite a few people who I know have weak constitutions and are highly susceptible to feeling nauseous towards media with quite graphical content; they came out fine in the end asking me for more.

Response to Otonashi07

Otonashi07 wrote:

Magicphoenix wrote:

Myanimelist ppl
Eh? You aren't referring to the Grisaia Fanclub that I made/run are you?

If that's the 'source' you're citing then you should have at least read a few comments from me (even in this thread on osu!) stating that Makina's route was the worst out of the entire lot of them. The order is exactly as MagicPhoenix states but with Yumiko and Sachi on equal footing due to both having their own appeal. Yumiko for story; Sachi for emotional tugging.

Response to Dumie

Dumie wrote:

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate is almost translated into English~ :DDD
Great thing about this is that I can avoid Chisato like the plague... as she is a horribly unlikable character.

Response to JokerFate

JokerFate wrote:

There is literally hundreds of them, it just depends on what you regard good to be. List out some requirements and I'll put in a bit of effort to recommend a few titles to cater towards those preferences.
NoHitter

ampzz wrote:

Response to NoHitter

NoHitter wrote:

Really? I've recommended it to quite a few people who I know have weak constitutions and are highly susceptible to feeling nauseous towards media with quite graphical content; they came out fine in the end asking me for more.
Well that depends on who reads it. I was unable to sleep for a while after reading it albeit it was my first time reading something like that.
Navizel

ampzz wrote:

Eh? You aren't referring to the Grisaia Fanclub that I made/run are you?

If that's the 'source' you're citing then you should have at least read a few comments from me (even in this thread on osu!) stating that Makina's route was the worst out of the entire lot of them. The order is exactly as MagicPhoenix states but with Yumiko and Sachi on equal footing due to both having their own appeal. Yumiko for story; Sachi for emotional tugging.[/box]
this thread
EineKrone
@JokerFate
That i know there's Fate/Stay Night(the Realta Nua version, which has no sex scenes(they remade these parts, didn't play so can't vouch if it still makes sense lol)), Dangan Ronpa(ok, only in japan, but it's getting an western launch... there's already an dangan ronpa2, but this one has no news about localization. If you like these, there's an let's play of both, by the same person(consistency, same translation etc etc). could link if interested(on class right now, fast posting rofl)))
Persona3 maybe?
That's it...

OKAY, this is a better guide than me:
http://vndb.org/v/all?q=&fil=plat-psp

Have fun :)
Yonpachi_old
I just started play vn recently and my first vn is majikoi which leave great impression about vn world XD
But my favorite vn for now is The Devil on G-String (as you can see in my profile picture XD)
The Devil on G-String really fit for my taste. It have comedy, romance, and thriller.
UnderminE
i just got bored of that VN, i think akabesoft2 is not for me. They always start slow, fill your brain with dumb slice of life thingies for hours and hours (not even hours, chapters) then finally start getting serious and attack you non-stop with shit ton of twists until the end.

Finished sharin no kuni yesterday, sadly 7.8/10 Gonna read FD to see some pops chapter
smilingmonstar
There is a really outstanding one called Dysfunctional systems it is really amazing by Dischan they also have made it for smartphone users and i highly recommend you guys give it a try.(=^3^=)
Isopach
So many people here played Grisaia ;_; I got it but haven't had time.

Finishing DR within next week; left with Mera's and Elina's route
EineKrone

Isopach wrote:

I haven't finished it, in truth, I'm "still starting" (tough 2 days ago i got the first few choices, so maybe things will start kicking in :D).
Just find the personality shifts of Yuuji too weird..: i mean, sometimes he just is newbie on human relationships, then comes a scene taken from an american cartoon(Simpsons/south park, sometimes i feel they get way too stupid to be funny...), it's too out of place to be believable...

Tough i will admit that Grisaia is making me laugh quite a bit :oops:
Aiming for Yumiko's route, seems like the more interesting. i have a thing for 'dat smile' things. A stoic warming up? An unlucky person finally getting what he wanted? INSTA FAVE. I'm too weak ._.
Rio-

Isopach wrote:

I just installed It weeks ago, but I didn't have any time to play It
*I'm still in My Manga Marathon

Anyway, does anyone play Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji? Is It good?
ampzz
ShiniKiss was far too short.
Dafydd

NickFreja wrote:

But my favorite vn for now is The Devil on G-String (as you can see in my profile picture XD)
The Devil on G-String really fit for my taste. It have comedy, romance, and thriller.
i enjoyed while this too. although it seems that they put in most of the good parts in the last chapter. last chapter still had flaws

anyway, is the steins;gate vn worth playing even though I already watched the anime?
magnetinfinity
I plan to play that Umineko visual novel. I better borrow it from my friend so I play that for the Christmas vacation.
UnderminE

magnetinfinity wrote:

I plan to play that Umineko visual novel. I better borrow it from my friend so I play that for the Christmas vacation.
Please don't play with PS3 + voice, it kills the fun ;_;
Faust
Actually don't get why visual novels get released for consoles at all. But I did look at the remade sprites and they werent half bad.
JokerFate

ampzz wrote:

Response to JokerFate

JokerFate wrote:

There is literally hundreds of them, it just depends on what you regard good to be. List out some requirements and I'll put in a bit of effort to recommend a few titles to cater towards those preferences.
well anything will do, cuz i don't have any VN for my psp right now, except Book of Shadows and Danganronpa
Apex_old
untitled
Dafydd

Apex wrote:

S;G had 6 endings, the animation had only 2. You should watch them all.
Thanks. I needed some inspiration since ever17
JokerFate
question~ does ef series have a good story or not ?
GitahMuttan

JokerFate wrote:

I think it's good enough...

----------

The imouto route of Ikikoi is quite disturbing yet touching... really. :?

but Way of The Maid is too OP. :)
Leguna

GitahMuttan wrote:

well, i have to agree with you. Since Eika was a total tsundere and yet she fell for her bro since they both still child ._.
oh well, guess i'll go for the last route, Tane-sama 8-) ~
GitahMuttan

Leguna wrote:

GitahMuttan wrote:

well, i have to agree with you. Since Eika was a total tsundere and yet she fell for her bro since they both still child ._.
oh well, guess i'll go for the last route, Tane-sama 8-) ~
some people say that Tane is best route, even though I still believe that Eika is the best girl character-wise.
ampzz

JokerFate wrote:

ef does not have a "good" story; it has one of the most well written stories in visual novel history which is coupled together on top of all the different protagonists you play through as, all with thir own closure(s).

In regards to IkiKoi the ranking is as follows;
  1. Eika
  2. Tsugumu
  3. Tane / Ryou
GitahMuttan

ampzz wrote:

In regards to IkiKoi the ranking is as follows;
  1. Eika
  2. Tsugumu
  3. Tane / Ryou
This.

Tsumugu* though. ;)
lukinhox
I've started playing VN just a time ago, the first VN I played was Little Busters! that was in October or November 2012, but I didn't pass not even the beginning of the game, because my english at that time was much worse than now, so I unistalled.

Later, in June 2013 I've started playing Rewrite, that I was able to finish and became the best story I've seen so far, exceeding all anime, manga and light novels I've seen. So, in July 2013 I've started playing Kamidori Alchemy Meister that I finished in one month, but I didn't like it too much.

And Finally, in August 2013 I've started playing Hoshizora no Memoria that I'm playing so far.

Well, even with only two VN finished, I still like them very much! I hope to play more in 2014.

I hope you all have understood, because my english is very bad²
GitahMuttan
Hoshizora no Memoria is impressive for me. Godlike Artwork, but the story has its ups and downs.

You should probably pick up Little Busters again. It's one of the best.
show more