eller är det mayis som gör det?
Wulfzz
I think I can contribute to the stream. ^^ Would need casters though. :o
Kotayo
streaming should be good already but backup streamers are nice i guess :P
Wulfzz

Kotayo wrote:

Just thought I'd contribute with something since I couldn't join the tournament. :P
Kotayo

_-[Sakai-kun]-_ wrote:

Kotayo wrote:

Just thought I'd contribute with something since I couldn't join the tournament. :P
haha it's cool :P you can join the commentators as well if u want :P
Wulfzz

Kotayo wrote:

haha it's cool :P you can join the commentators as well if u want :P
I hate speaking english in "public". :P I'd rather be a chat-moderator or something. ^^
Kotayo
haha well okay then ^^ liiraye should put you up as a back-up streamer atleast though just in case i'm not able to make it
Wulfzz

Kotayo wrote:

haha well okay then ^^ liiraye should put you up as a back-up streamer atleast though just in case i'm not able to make it
Aiight!
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Kotayo I already told you yesterday but you seemed to be afk. As it looks right now, we won't be getting the spec client according to Loctav. Though we will be getting the finals steamed in osulive by Loctav.
Kotayo
aah well i was afk all day yesterday sleeping...but that's a shame ;w;
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Not sure if I mentioned it but I'll draw the groups this weekend.

Liiraye wrote:

Not sure if I mentioned it but I'll draw the groups this weekend.
You did mention it.

I'm all excited now. :)
Heibel
Well shyt. I just found this thread now.. Well have fun people \o

EDIT: If for some reason on a team can't show up at the given time Me and Mayo Would be more than happy to fill the spot, if needed of course

Team Name: Dangrish
Player #1 - Heibel
Player #2 - Mayoi Hachikuji
Ultimate lolicon yuri sisters
Mosti07
next time i am gonna send you a PM :P
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Teams seeded and randomized into groups! Also pushed the date by one day to hold the group stages on a weekend!
Swe_Wrestler

Kotayo wrote:

bor du i mjölby, tjolahop? syftar på lagnamnet
Ingen av oss är ifrån mjölby, Liiraye kända bara för att pimpa vårat namn lite av okänd anledning :D
Kotayo

Tjolahop wrote:

Kotayo wrote:

bor du i mjölby, tjolahop? syftar på lagnamnet
Ingen av oss är ifrån mjölby, Liiraye kända bara för att pimpa vårat namn lite av okänd anledning :D
haha ok
Slizzer
Looks like Plaxis is banned?

EDIT: Never mind~ Apparently hes name was not Plaxis, it was Plaxix...
Plaxix

Slizzer wrote:

Looks like Plaxis is banned?

EDIT: Never mind~ Apparently hes name was not Plaxis, it was Plaxix...
Even I did not realize that at first.
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Updated information about streaming the tournament. Please read paragraph 0.9
Nyari
I can stream.
Kotayo
oh shit i forgot one thing.
i wouldn't advise going up for streaming unless you have access to 2 computers or there's a chance you can't watch the stream yourself or use the computer for anything at all since all the sound will be streamed.
i could mute the sound from any stream that has this problem but then we won't have any hitsounds from that player, but in worst case scenatio i guess we could still run with that.
i have not found a way to stream only the sound from osu but if anyone else does then please inform me

and also i would really like if we got a total of 4 volunteers for streaming so my laptop won't have to work to death

and if anyone wants to make a little overlay thingy like what they had at the bottom of the OWC stream with the logo and everything that could be nice i guess
contact me about overlay if you need anything for how big it can be or whatever
(it might not get used if we end up not working the whole streaming issue out but it could still be nice having one prepared)
Topic Starter
Liiraye
I'd talk about overlays etc after we've actually tested this. :?
Kotayo
haha i guess so
CXu
It's probably possible, but the players won't be syncronized, and there'll probably be a pretty huge delay between the stream and the actual matches. Not that it's a problem, but probably something to keep in mind.

And I just said "probably" 4 times in this post.
Kotayo

CXu wrote:

It's probably possible, but the players won't be syncronized, and there'll probably be a pretty huge delay between the stream and the actual matches. Not that it's a problem, but probably something to keep in mind.

And I just said "probably" 4 times in this post.
i am well aware of all these problems but as have been said it's the best chance we've got if we can't get the client
Mara
Sounds insanely complicated.
boat
It's not really, you can just embed four streams anywhere and have a main streamer capture that, it just requires some good communication and a good internet connection from all of the parties involved.

A tip would be to set up your own site rather than using that third party "multitwitch" thing. That way you can set it up to look just like stream client, or in any other way you'd like it. If you need help with that I can both set it up and host it for you (although this should work on localhost as well), but I wont be streaming anything myself as I'm frankly not all too interested.

i.e (disregard the horribly distasteful color scheme, this is nothing but an example)

How to embed twitch streams
<object type "application/x-shockwave-flash" height="250" width="250" id="live_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?channel=channel name here" bgcolor="#000000">
<param name="allowFullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf" /><param name"flashvars" value="hostname=www.twitch.tv&channel=channel name here&auto_play=true&start_volume=25" />
</object>

Live examples: 250x250 streams http://boaty.org/stream250/ 350x350 streams http://boaty.org/stream350/
Kotayo
wow thanks, that could help a lot and look a lot better :D

i would need help to set this up though xD
boat
Feel free to send me a message whenever I'm available on irc (like pretty much always).
Nyari
I already have the sound "problem" covered, I'll just have my osu sounds on my speakers, then use anything else on my headset.
Kotayo
i didn't even know that was possible o.O
boat
As per request, here's a rundown of some technicalities.

For those unfamiliar with html/css, here's a comprehensive rundown of the values you would edit when fiddling with our "custom stream client".
Kotayo and I agreed on that I'll sort it out for you, but if you have any suggestions then shoot. I don't intend to take care of the aesthetics so whoever wants to take the role of making it look pretty, message me.

As for the volunteers for streaming, chances are you'll have to set a custom resolution for the game (350x350 or whatever we settle for) and stream that so don't worry too much about thinking your computer is not up to par, just about any reasonable laptop or additional computer should do given everything runs smooth and you got a reasonable upload speed. As far as audio goes, chances are only one person would have to bother with streaming the audio as well, the rest of you would probably just have to mute the game all together.

There are ways to split up audio over devices and thus i.e only stream the audio from osu! but as this depends on your hardware configuration this can't really be a requirement, but if you do get it set up and working then do specify that you did.

Side note; To spice things up a bit, rather than offering a supporter tag I will be giving away a copy each of some rhytm/music game on steam to the winning team.
Wulfzz
Peppy should just make it easier for us and let ut borrow the multi-spec client. -.-"

Anyways, for the sound problem, I might recommend "VAC" or "Virtual Audio Cable". c: It's not free, but there are sites out there that let you download it. It's just as the name suggests, it's a program the routes the audio from specific programs to locations of your desire. For example you can "add" custom sound-cards that you can set OBS/XSplit to use as an audio source. I'm sure some of you has heard of this before, just felt like mentioning it. Anyhow, this program requires the source of the audio to be able to route to a specific location, like Skype where you can select an outout-device. This doesn't work with osu! though, I think. At least I haven't found any way to do so.

For spectating, can't one person spectate two persons using the osu!test client as well? Or are the live and test clients unable to run at the same time?

One more thing. Boat, I love the idea of using a web-page to "spectate" the players. As mentioned before the players won't be synced though.
Also, I can try to make an overlay for the stream if need be, or if no one else want to.

Edit: Added more content and formatting the text.
Edit: Grammar..
kriers
It's funny how I still have access to the streaming client.

Too bad that doesn't mean I can be of any help :D
Wulfzz
Kriers pls ._.
boat
It's not like that pile of junk they call a stream client is ever in sync either though.

I imagine there wont be much of a difference, just a little bit more work and effort required.

The latency shouldn't be unbearable either as our swedish master race™ upspeeds should very well be able to pull a 350x350 video with close to no delay. Also, kriers is a twat.
Wulfzz
If one could only "like" forum posts.
But yeah, the stream-page is a good idea. :3

But I also wonder, the streamers are supposed to spectate the ones playing, and then stream that?
boat
Pretty much, four spare laptops stream four osu! clients (only one fetches audio for it not to end up like sounding like a mess), one main streamer re-streams these four.
Wulfzz
Aiight. I think I can help with the streaming. c: 30 FPS is enough, right?
show more