forum

osu! World Cup 2013 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kert
It's not like it's a real life tournament when everyone gathers in a hall or something to do stuff for a weekend
Make an exception. Or the whole thing about OWC will be ruined
Infact the idea of organizators choosing times for teams to play is just bad I'd say. Captains are pretty capable of doing that by themselves cause they most likely know when the team is available or not (unless something happens)
Some timelimit for postponing is needed yeah, and that would be enough.
Topic Starter
Loctav

CXu wrote:

Edit: Yea I read farto's post wrong. He did say he couldn't play this weekend at all. This doesn't change the fact that you just "changed your mind". If postponing by a week wasn't possible, I bet Poland would to everything in their power to be able to play during the weekend. If you said Sunday, then that's when they're going to try and get their players to be available. If you then change it to Saturday without notice (and because you "changed your mind"), then that's still a fault on your part for miscommunication.
The gap between "I plan to do it on Sunday" and actually putting it on Saturday was like... 2 hours? Also since when is a "plan" a promise? I didnt promise anything. It's not like I said "it will be on Sunday, guaranteed". I aimed for Sunday first, but this didnt work out, so I changed my mind and put it on Saturday.
This "fault" is not a fault, since you do not know the context properly. It's ridiculous to say that "they prepared everything for Sunday then" when the actual schedule release and the "not-so-promised-promise" were like 2 hours apart from each other.
Mikelicious
-Kamui- for most moe player of OWC 2013
Topic Starter
Loctav
To clarify, we discussed a bit, I also talked to Uan and CXu and some others and they actually agree with certain points about what I consider as fair and unfair:

I can understand that Poland wants to play with ideal setup. Postponing the match results in Poland being able to play ideally. But postponing also results in Taiwan not being able to play ideally anymore. (SnowWhite can't play on Sunday for example, Uan is very limited here, too, might leave during match or something). Postponing the match now would be not neutral anymore, since I would give an advantage to Poland over Taiwan.

You might say "but you preferred Taiwan in the scheduling from the very beginning". Actually, this only happened because fartownik was unable to give times. If fartownik would've stated "Sunday pls" from the very beginning, I might have arranged it. But Taiwan was instantly claiming Saturday and Poland was like "next week pls" (which is impossible to do).
So I made the schedule like it is now, telling that "Next week is not possible".

Always consider that Poland is ABLE TO PLAY on Saturday, just not with ideal setup. (from what fartownik told me all the time)
xsrsbsns
why is this guy still in charge of owc anyway
Topic Starter
Loctav

xsrsbsns wrote:

why is this guy still in charge of owc anyway
Because I make it happen.
peppy
No matches are being postponed.

NO OTHER COMPETITION ON EARTH decides final times around players. We are no exception. It was *my* decision to disallow postponing/user scheduling this tournament. I am sponsoring the tournament. So no postponing.

Be there, or don't, and disappoint your fans, audience, and tournament staff.
peppy
Thread reopened! Good luck to all teams for the matches today :).
Darksonic
Good luck.

And please, let's try to avoid anything that could start a drama again.
jesse1412
When will the stats sheet be updated?
Marcin
Uh https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_2 ... ch_Results

Stats sheets were used only for group stage, to create SDR which matters in group stage. In knock-out stage it kinda... doesn't matter?

Also Google Docs scripting drives me crazy x.x I would need to create my own system for that.
jesse1412

Marcin wrote:

Stats sheets were used only for group stage, to create SDR which matters in group stage. In knock-out stage it kinda... doesn't matter?

Also Google Docs scripting drives me crazy x.x I would need to create my own system for that.
Alright, fair enough thanks.
AmaiHachimitsu
As long as maps are already picked and checked if they aren't retarded, should be okay.

Some drama might occur if any of the teams gets ddosed.
Topic Starter
Loctav
I am still gathering additional opinions on the current "final mappool", trying to optimize it. Certain people are making themselves rare and hide in the shadows, so I can not ask them (even tho they were responsible for doing so).
Keep in mind that the mappool will be released tomorrow. (To keep the time span the same)
-Ryosuke

Don't forget to be moe!
Lust

-Kamui- wrote:

Don't forget to be moe!
T-The moe is too strong...please go on without me
jesse1412
I'm crying.

jesus1412 wrote:

I'm crying.
Just try not to let the tears affect your reading beatmaps alright? XD
Mikelicious
Pls marry me -Kamui-
Andrea

Marcin wrote:

Actually the 3rd match of Italy for Group Stage against United States is missing, just noticed.
Lapis-
God save the queen.

Well played Korea.
Oinari-sama
Korea 6-1 United Kingdom

http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/3088440
Sonny B
God save the queen, Nice to watch, shame about Jesus' connection problems and props to charley more or less being dropped in it and still doing nice.
gg Korea
-Ryosuke

-MikexD- wrote:

Pls marry me -Kamui-
No =w=

also, gg Korea.

I blame Andrea for not making quit all korean players. Such bad man this Andrea. :(

jk ilu Andrea
Lust

jesus1412 wrote:

I'm crying.

god save the queen
Jimbot
Well played Korea! :,(
-Ryosuke

Lust wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

I'm crying.

god save the queen
It wasn't daijoubu enough though.
jesse1412
God save the queen.

We need better net in the UK, we should be as strong as google.
Starry-

jesus1412 wrote:

We need better net in the UK, we should be as strong as google.
DDOS proof pls.

GG either way.
silmarilen
WolferZ_old
interesting score that WWW got on just awake when he is #1 on it
silmarilen
1: he isnt at home
2: mp is always harder
3: there are 9k people watching him
4: he spent multiple tries trying to get his #1

stop thinking things
Oinari-sama
Zare

WolferZ wrote:

interesting score that WWW got on just awake when he is #1 on it
Stefan

silmarilen wrote:

Definitely honorable. :D

Anyway @WolferZ: Your post is pretty stupid in fact of the things silmarilen has wrote. ninja!
Andrea
Amazing to see that osu! is watched that much.

Also, great matches, it was really fun to watch.
deadbeat
Taiwan too strong D:
Scorpiour
taiwan power is scared!
AmaiHachimitsu
3 stupid misses on 3 stupidly easy maps (one caused by lag) and it would be 3:3 and entertaining to watch. Well, Taiwan op

sorry guys
Zare

Stefan wrote:

Definitely honorable. :D

Anyway @WolferZ: Your post is pretty stupid in fact of the things silmarilen has wrote. ninja!

lol
show more