forum

CTB Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2,123
show more
XinCrin
I'm not Ctb mapper but i like this idea +1!
Fuka_old
You have mine too :3
Kitokofox

XinCrin wrote:

I'm not a CTB mapper but i think that is a good idea

dbzguru32 wrote:

It would have been awesome to have this back when I was hopelessly trying to make a few maps.

Deif wrote:

It'll be nice to see in real time w/o testing the real position of the fruits.
This is the main reason why I would enjoy to have a CtB editor. There is a great lack of CtB maps, because a lot of people can't really figure out how to make it work with how the editor is. (And it was even more hard when you had to avoid the dreaded pixel jumps) And it also makes a good reference point to be able to see what will be a hyperfruit and what won't be. I know a lot of my friends who don't make a CtB map because they get so confused while making one along the way that they give up. I'm sure some people could eventually learn how to use this, but that really limits the amount of people that can create maps for this specific game mode.

Deif wrote:

Also, I'd like to request to remove in the CTB Editor the value of the vertical distance of the notes, as it's likely useless in order to make a CTB diff (in fact, only the horizontal distance matters).
Not entirely. Vertical distance is used in determining the step timing, and can also be used to help determine how much distance can be covered between fruits. (It is on a combination of vertical and horizontal that provides us the snaps we desire, since to the fruit's perspective, the catcher moves diagonally

eldnl wrote:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56274527/demo.jpg
Additionally, the editor should prevent you from putting two fruits on the same timeline. Also, in addition, I believe that the editor would look like a DDR style editor, except the notes span freely across the screen.

eldnl wrote:

Another feature could be the custom spins, but I don't mean to put every banana as you want, I mean, you can select which spin will be.
Example, if you want the spin like this, this or this.
@Drafura: Custom droplet density, maybe a tool too make nice curves with them.
I think it would be best if you stuck to an editor for now. I like the custom spins and droplet density features, but they are unrelated features from this one. I'm sure if you cleaned this up and stuck to the one simple idea, you'd have a little more progress.
-[Cow]-
Support! but i don't have star .-.

XD
Suntears
Here, take some of my stars
Luna
I feel like this has been requested before, but I couldn't find a thread~
Basically, I want to be able to do stuff like this with spinners in CtB diffs (ugly example because the editor is not suitable for this kind of mapping and I just spent <5 minutes on that):

Just imagine all those are bananas instead of hyperdash fruits, too lazy to make a skin just for that screenshot :P
The ability to customize spinners would allow mappers to represent the music better and open up the possibilities for interesting patterns that couldn't be played with regular notes du to timing conflicts etc (notes on same tick and stuff like that).
bomber34
Would be nice
But even better would be to have a ctb editor first t/129618&start=0
evanma
LOL think of all the troll spinners
deadbeat
want me to merge this with the CtB editor request?
Shohei Ohtani
It can be a feature of the CtB editor probably :3
Kurokami

deadbeat wrote:

want me to merge this with the CtB editor request?
I think this will be good.

And Spinner editor, hmm, sounds good, but first I think the editor goes.
FrzR
This would be great. Probably an opportunity to be able to catch all dem bananas. XD
Luna
Feel free to merge
/late reply
TheVileOne
Maybe modding CTB wont be a pain in the butt if this were added.
Kurokami

TheVileOne wrote:

Its not that hard. You just needs to be a player with 10k+ playcount.
TheVileOne
It's more obnoxious to have to identify a problem while playing a map. Any change you make will require a testplay. You can't tell where the limit for a hyper note is. It would be much easier to approach modding like osu! standard. you can see the playing field in the editor and testplay to know how it feels. Without those visual cues, it takes longer to mod and requires more skill at the game to mod, which would not be the case if it had its own editor where you can playback sections that don't appear right.

Also spinner editor yay!
Topic Starter
eldnl
tvo is the guy
ConanCloud
Yeah, that will be helpful for ctb mapper. And we get more ctb diffs. And no pain in our brains!

(i dont have stars, sry :()
[Kami]
Support this! ;)
Gilochan
have my starss~~
Erotc
I could see this as a good feature. Support!
OsuMe65

TheVileOne wrote:

this
Kurokami
I don't think modding will be easier with this. The rhythm will be the same as now and if you aren't a player then you can't able to tell which jump is long/impossible and which is good. Same goes for mapping too. If you are not a player then the mapping still be hard.
Mythiax
We really need this. +1
Avena
Yispls.
OsuMe65
shooted hue

This is a must... i bet
Tenshichan
ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ☆
ARTPHONEY
CTB Editor vote :)
[Yue]
I really like this idea! hopefully soon you can enjoy the new editor.
Topic Starter
eldnl
I hope it will be implemented soon ...

ARTPHONEY

eldnl wrote:

lol :D
Kurokami
I lol'd. But yeah this would be great. Well, this is already 8 months old request and still no progress. q.q
newtoniorock8

eldnl wrote:

oh yea D:
Mythiax
we really need this Q_Q
Deif
Shooted a few stars. If somebody has any idea of how should it look like, it'd be useful for developers to have some help via images/coding. That'd sure accelerate the process!
Seph
Imo it would be just really simple, sliders would be the same except its shown as fruits. Though the only thing that will bother me is how the spinner would look like..
Zak
Spinners should probably look the same in the editor and people will just have to test in order to see what it looks like as always, not that troubling imo
Kurokami
Okay, I will do an idea image, but it will be almost the same as now. It should be something like a mixed mania+standard editor. o.o
Seijiro
I think it should be fair to implement the ctb editor, since it's the only mode that hasn't one. Support +1
Kurokami
Okay, I need a new post since someone posted after mine. q.q I made it in like ~30 min so its kinda shit but I will provide the .psd file too if someone has another idea for editing. I add a description bellow the image for every text which is appear on the image to make this post better. \o/ Also it should be working with 4:3 too, I just used my own res to edit.

SPOILER

Alternate Spinner Forms: Its because CtB has more spinner overlay and when osu! handle it it appears randomly, well at least it stays the same, but sometimes it ruins the patterns since it needs a testplay to place the objects after/before it at the best possible place. And its annoying if the map has many spinners. So it should be an overlay? option just like combo colors have to be able to choose which one do you want to use.

End of the Screen: This is optional, but since maybe with this the grid will be a bit useless it will be hard to know where the screen ends and offscreen fruits are just crazy. o.o So it should be something which reminds the mapper about where are him/her at.

Timing Points: I'm not sure if this really needs describeing since they should be the same as above on the timeline but this way you just only need to watch in the middle to know where will you place that note on the timeline. And also you can see everything in realtime w/o testing it (well it will still required).

Scrollbar: This is really an optional stuff since maybe it isn't really necessary, but it will be good to see where are you at w/o looking at the bottom which is I think its kinda disturbing. And other option is to place the bottom line (I dunno it's name) at the right side of the grid. Well this whole option is mainly works only for 16:9 but maybe it can be added for 4:3 too.

If someone can do one more image with some fruits I think the idea will speak for itself (I don't have the original skin to do it).

I know the lines are kinda stacked but a zoom is also an option and I just made it like this for better imagining. I'm not sure if making the fruits smaller in the editor will work but thats another optional thing to be able to add more timeline portion inside the grid (I think if it will looks like I made it it should be enough too, I don't think we really need more).

Anyone wants to change something or add his/her own idea just go ahead. Here is the .psd to do it.
I hope it looks good enough. o.o
show more