abingdon boys school - From Dusk Till Dawn (TV Size) [Osu|Ta

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Agreed, X/Y needs to stop taking over.

Will try to rank this before I touch my 3DS :(

Also.. lol @ having to resurrect this map twice in 12 hours...
Moway
liveeeeeeeee
popner
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Thanks popner for the bubble, and thanks Moway for that star spam <3
Umi
cool ! ike lanturn \o3o/
Sonnyc
GL darker than black.
Moway

Moway wrote:

pls rank

thanks
Heanday

Moway wrote:

Moway wrote:

pls rank

thanks
Irreversible
Alright, let's go :3

[Easy]

00:27:630 (3) - That rhythm seems odd to me, reason for that is that it ends on a big white tick. I suggest follwing to fix it: http://puu.sh/5qYfi.jpg
00:53:880 (2,3,4) - This flows rather weird, due to it's natural straight flow. Doesn't really fit here imo! What do you think of making it curvier?
01:08:880 (2,3,4,5,6) - Too hard for an easy. I would suggest to soften this rhythm a bit, with deleting 1-2 circles, or adding a slider.
01:14:817 (2) - While a straight flow would work here, you could make this slightly more proper: http://puu.sh/5qYkD.jpg
01:17:317 (5) - Same goes here.
01:20:755 (4) - I would add a NC here, to avoid having a too big one. Also: missed finish? emphasizes the point pretty well.

[Normal]

00:20:755 (1) - would add a finish here as well
00:13:255 (3,4) - Can you explain me what you thought while placing this? I mean, that's not ironic. I'm wondering - because it doesn't really flow well, Slider 3 goes -> and slider 4 is on the opposite way, why not following the flow here?
00:48:098 (5) - NC?
00:53:567 (4,5) - That rhythm doesn't work well for me, since there's just this gap, and also, you've followed the vocals mostly, which isn't wrong, but it gets weird as soon as you suddenly change your style. so.. try to rearrange the notes here?
01:02:005 (6,7,1) - Either curvy or straight.. but something in between looks rather weird here.
01:22:005 (1,2,3,4,5) - Please use the convert slider to stream tool to get a nice looking curve :P

Not sure about some combos, they seem really long. You might wanna re-check the situation

[Hard]

00:06:380 (1,2,3,4) - Keep your DS. At this time, there's no reason to make a weird alignment like that, is there? :P
00:10:130 (8) - blanket
00:18:880 (5,6,7) - Try to get a better triangle / blanket shape here, to avoid having an untidy look
00:25:755 (1) - I personally would put this to 20 320 (somewhere like that at least) because it would follow the natural flow even better. But well, that's up to you
00:50:130 (9,10,11,1) - As well here, it would be really great if you could make a better transition from triplet to slider :D
00:55:130 (8) - a NC here would difference (?) this stream pretty good. Also, the combo is really high again.

Rest seems okayish. Combos are really long again, so I assume you followed something. Mostly nazi stuff, but that's how I go :P

Call
me
BACK
-cha-
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Irreversible

Irreversible wrote:

Alright, let's go :3

[Easy]

00:27:630 (3) - That rhythm seems odd to me, reason for that is that it ends on a big white tick. I suggest follwing to fix it: http://puu.sh/5qYfi.jpg Fixed, I definitely agree with this . Changed it up quite a bit, as well as the positioning of the new few notes. Should be much better.
00:53:880 (2,3,4) - This flows rather weird, due to it's natural straight flow. Doesn't really fit here imo! What do you think of making it curvier? Hmm, I think I got it figured out.
01:08:880 (2,3,4,5,6) - Too hard for an easy. I would suggest to soften this rhythm a bit, with deleting 1-2 circles, or adding a slider. Deleted a circle, and changed a lot of the mapping around. Shouldn't be just all 1/1 spam now.
01:14:817 (2) - While a straight flow would work here, you could make this slightly more proper: http://puu.sh/5qYkD.jpg
01:17:317 (5) - Same goes here. Fixed these with the previous. So it works out
01:20:755 (4) - I would add a NC here, to avoid having a too big one. Also: missed finish? emphasizes the point pretty well. Added the NC, but didn't add the finish. There is a much stronger sound 1/1 ahead of that which deserves a finish, and having a double finish here really doesn't sound that great.

[Normal]

00:20:755 (1) - would add a finish here as well A whistle was used here on purpose. Most of the Finishes actually occur 1/1 before on the clap note throughout the song.. as strange as it sounds.
00:13:255 (3,4) - Can you explain me what you thought while placing this? I mean, that's not ironic. I'm wondering - because it doesn't really flow well, Slider 3 goes -> and slider 4 is on the opposite way, why not following the flow here? Mostly because I was using odd shapes at 00:10:755 (1,2) - However, I changed most of these around. Should look better.
00:48:098 (5) - NC? It would work, but then it would lose its consistency with the rest of the other combos in this section. I think it's better as it is currently, so no change.
00:53:567 (4,5) - That rhythm doesn't work well for me, since there's just this gap, and also, you've followed the vocals mostly, which isn't wrong, but it gets weird as soon as you suddenly change your style. so.. try to rearrange the notes here? Actually, I was following the drums here (maybe a bit of the guitar? I can't remember 100%) but it definitely wasn't the vocals. The gap was left intentionally as the drummer actually drumed to the song this way. If you delete the notes and listen. It should become understandable.
01:02:005 (6,7,1) - Either curvy or straight.. but something in between looks rather weird here. Its because of the slider velocity change that it might be a bit strange. I tried to fix it up a bit more to allow the adjustment to flow better. Let me know what you think. (I would like to keep the up in SV on normal)
01:22:005 (1,2,3,4,5) - Please use the convert slider to stream tool to get a nice looking curve :P Done.

Not sure about some combos, they seem really long. You might wanna re-check the situation They can either be long 4-8 combos (depending on section) or short 2-4 combos. The problem with low bpm is that it takes awhile until the next note appears. I usually prefer to NC every 2 combos on my songs because it will finish a verse in that time. Lots of times if you NC after 1, it will cut off halfway through vocals or drum sections, which I want to generally avoid. The only exception is: 00:55:755 - where I need to NC after 1 measure in order to reset it correctly.

Or something like that.. =/

[Hard]

00:06:380 (1,2,3,4) - Keep your DS. At this time, there's no reason to make a weird alignment like that, is there? :P oh.. I wonder what happened there.. I mean, fixed.
00:10:130 (8) - blanket I blanketed it to the yellow ring: http://puu.sh/5r1Mr.jpg
00:18:880 (5,6,7) - Try to get a better triangle / blanket shape here, to avoid having an untidy look Wasn't 100% sure here, but I adjusted a few things.
00:25:755 (1) - I personally would put this to 20 320 (somewhere like that at least) because it would follow the natural flow even better. But well, that's up to you Done, nice.
00:50:130 (9,10,11,1) - As well here, it would be really great if you could make a better transition from triplet to slider :D Its actually a 4 note stream, and I like the positing of it. I don't really want to change this around.
00:55:130 (8) - a NC here would difference (?) this stream pretty good. Also, the combo is really high again. Yeah, I'll NC the stream. Ruins the consistency but it'll be better.

Rest seems okayish. Combos are really long again, so I assume you followed something. Mostly nazi stuff, but that's how I go :P

Call
me
BACK
-cha-

Thanks!
Irreversible
After a short IRC and additional fixed stuff

Ranked!~
Delis
DTB :>

grats
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Thank you!
Umi
Aww finally lanturn :3 Gratz !
[Epicz]
gratz lanturn
xChippy
GJ owo Gratz Lanturn ;)
Kyouren
Gratzz!! Lanturn!!^^
GugUCorn
good song! congratulation! :)
Oyatsu
Gratz!
mingmichael
lanturnnnn~!
congratzzz :oops: goodmap too wwww
DakeDekaane
Congrats Lanturn \:D/
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Thank you everyone <3

Next project is my Pokémon song. So look forward to it ;)
UnitedWeSin
Gratz! ^^
Kevin Hunter
GOOD SONG,I hope you can make HOWLING beatmap :)
Unsfamiliar
Woooh yay! Nice Lanturn :)
AnreFM
oh wow fun map!

Gratz Lanturn! :D
Heanday
Gratz <3
KanaRin
Congrats ^_^
OzzyOzrock
UH, LISTEN KID, IT'S ACTUALLY OUTER TENSHI NOT OUTER ONI WHAT ARE YOU A SCRUB?
Topic Starter
Lanturn

OzzyOzrock wrote:

UH, LISTEN KID, IT'S ACTUALLY OUTER TENSHI NOT OUTER ONI WHAT ARE YOU A SCRUB?
My Inner Tenshi disagrees