forum

Osu! Challengers Tournament -Gatyaa420 Wins-

posted
Total Posts

Would you like to see an osu! Challengers Tournament #2?

Yes
85.71%
No
14.29%
Total votes: 70
Polling ended
show more
Jerome
Name: Jeromelol
Tournament you are Joining: Expert Tournament
Rank as of this moment: 27k

I've only been playing for 1 month though, plz go easy on me
That dividing points with mx combo seems like it will take more effort, so I will vote for the 1st place = 7pts system. No matter what tournament you're in, it all depends on match-ups, so that isn't really an excuse either
Azer
Yay Kyou-kun, finally a worthy opponent signs up.
Icyteru
Omg azer i watched you beat rrtyui on big black :D
jyu
sobs i wanted to join the Advanced tournament but my rank is a lie
maybe someone have asked this before (or you're getting tired of it) but isn't there any level between Expert and Advanced? ;_; my skill is getting rustyand i don't want to get raped in Expert
alexm110
Name: alexm110
Tournament you are Joining: Intermediate
Rank as of this moment: #151,977

:D
FeeDeeXeeR
Name: FeeDeeXeeR
Tournament you are Joining: advanced
Rank as of this moment: 147,425
Jerome
Haha AlpacaCokelat I know what you mean, I'm sure if you are against me you'll at least pass one round in Expert :P

I do agree though, the difference between Rank 75k and people in the 100s is huge, I'm not sure most people within that bracket can even pass the songs on the list
CBA-ES-CAB
Name: CBA-ES-CAB
Dificult: Expert
Illus

Jeromelol wrote:

I do agree though, the difference between Rank 75k and people in the 100s is huge, I'm not sure most people within that bracket can even pass the songs on the list
Well I could tell you how it is for me (right now): I easily pass 9 out of 15 maps, occasionally (or regularly) fail at 3, and never even passed the other 3. Some of the maps have got rather old or weird style and because of the fact that I "learned" this game by playing rather "standard" maps, it's kind of a pain for me. Sometimes I wish that those maps were Talent Shredder, Scarlet Rose or Kokou no Sousei (Collab), since they'd probably be easier to pass (for me personally). Well, but it's also kind of exciting since I get to learn something new (or rather old ^^).

So TL;DR You might be right, lol. ^^ I'd say you shouldn't get discouraged by comparing yourself to others. Just try to have fun practicing the maps, learning stuff and later, playing the tournament. Do your thing and you'll most likely be rewarded.
Jerome
Yea I definitely agree with you, my point is just that for the sake of having an enjoyment tournament, individuals of as equal as possible skills should be together. Imo the skill range is too large
Chung
Name: Chung
Rank as of this moment: 13k
Azer

[AirCoN] wrote:

Omg azer i watched you beat rrtyui on big black :D
haha, it was fun.
jyu

Jeromelol wrote:

Haha AlpacaCokelat I know what you mean, I'm sure if you are against me you'll at least pass one round in Expert :P

lol yeah the range is too huge in Expert tourney, many high-seeded players joined in idk i'm not sure whether Me168 will change the rules or not, so i'll just focus on practicing :P
Kikox
Name: Kikox
Rank as of this moment: 70649
Synchrostar
i dont wanna play against azer n kyou pls ):
Azer
don't worry we don't bite
vape
How about this
We rig it, I win
ScootDash
Name: ScootDash
Tournament you are Joining: Advance tournament
Rank as of this moment: 98,396
Minah
Name: Mirchi
Tournament you are Joining: Expert
Rank as of this moment: #4,215

time to get pooped on ;w; sounds fun tho :3
Hitsuo
Name: -Momo-
Rank as of this moment: #9756
rzkadi
Name: rzkadi
Rank as of this moment: #5486
Icyteru
Theres more incentive to lose than to win
Ohrami

Me168 wrote:

Your rank for your Tournament is determined by your points on each map. Once all 7 Maps are played, the Moderator will add the points you received on all of the Maps you qualify for together, and place you in ascending order. If you either Fail a Map or do not have a map that is chosen, you will receive 0 Points for that round. The ranks and Placements will be placed on this page, and Prizes will be given within 1 Week of the day your Tournament Ended. You do NOT need to stay in the room to receive your placement, as the Moderator will need the room to be empty so that the next game, if any, will open.
this is the dumbest rule I've ever seen in a tournament

People who do well at low-scoring maps but not at high-scoring maps will clearly be outscored even if those people are worse overall. Ranked score, anyone? Plus, if all groups aren't playing the same maps, then it will just be a clusterfuck.

Also, unrelated question: Why are all the maps in the tournament so easy? Are those the maps for the whole expert tournament? If so, it doesn't seem like it will be very interesting.
Spyrunite

Kyou-kun wrote:

Also, unrelated question: Why are all the maps in the tournament so easy? Are those the maps for the whole expert tournament? If so, it doesn't seem like it will be very interesting.
I think the difficulty of the songs is good. Myself, and a few of my friends in the tournament had most songs that we could do and a few that we couldn't pass and had to learn to beat. Reading the posts in the forum I think there were a few other people like that too. The area of skill of the people in tournament is just to broad to be able to get a maplist that appeals to everyone.
z1mb0bw4y
z1mb0bw4y
beginner
IOException
Name: failedxyz
Rank as of this moment: 29,421
Danny
Name:Danny
Tournament you are Joining:Expert
Rank as of this moment:#1,863
Kaneris_old
Name: Kaneris
Tournament you are Joining: Beginners Tournament
Rank as of this moment: Unranked
Kaeru
Name: Kaeru
Rank as of this moment: #2,238
ll-RaMMeR-ll
Name: ll-RaMMeR-ll
Tournament you are Joining: Advanced Tournament
Rank as of this moment: 109k
J V
Un-add me for the moment, my disponibilities have changed and my presence cannot be assured.
38) jyvii - France

(also cuz of Kyou-Kun and Azer >.>)
Topic Starter
Me168

jyvii wrote:

Un-add me for the moment, my disponibilities have changed and my presence cannot be assured.
38) jyvii - France

(also cuz of Kyou-Kun and Azer >.>)
I will leave it there, but it will say something next to it that will state that you are currently out of it.

Also I see a lot of people complaining about Azer and Kyou-Kun. It would be interesting to see them in the same group together.

But in general news: Due to the amount of responses about it, I decided to go back to the points system (1st=7, 2nd=6 ect ect). The Prize for last place would be determined by the lowest combined score overall though.

Also I do apologize for me being a bit lazy with the names of the people who are competing. I'm going to update that after I post this.

I have not been in contact with anybody who said they would want to help with a live stream, so I'm going to say that it is not likely we will have it, sorry ;-;
Spyrunite
I don't see why so many people are complaining about Azer and Kyou-kun. No matter what happens there will always be better players and worse players in a tournament, even if you got rid of them then there would still be one or two people that are better than everyone else.
-Faylinn
Name: -Faylinn
Tournament you are Joining: intermediate Tournament
Rank as of this moment: #191,862
Soarezi
I'll rek azer & kyyyu kun plz gg
Mythrillo

Soarezi wrote:

I'll rek azer & kyyyu kun plz gg
#believe
-Mephisto
Sounds like fun so I am going to participate :3

Name: Jin_Back7
Rank as of this moment: #1,945

Changed mind. I will be busy with my family that day :3
Synchrostar
Azer n Kyou are scrubs stop complaining ;w;
Azer

Synchrostar wrote:

Azer n Kyou are scrubs stop complaining ;w;
im cuirrently considering removing my entry, if it helps.
show more