forum

To the osu players who dont use Z/X

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rori Vidi Veni
,yumhgmfytrmhgmhgrtymr
Sakuya Yukari
S/D because the arcing with my fingers is way more comfortable than going straight down to z/x and i wont accidentally press the windows key. Sometimes I switch the keys to z/x or other combination so my s/d keys wont wear out so fast.
[ Katsu ]
O & P because i'm a lefty, my hands were too close together for Z & X to be comfortable.
Qplayer
Left handed and I use . and / It's in the center of my keyboard and works fine so I never bothered changing.
sCam
QW is giving the best results atm

i tried z/x, b/n, s/d, cb/ob
Full Tablet
F8 / F9 are the best keys you can use.
djjsixpack
W/E, I don't like my hand being clenched up like what I have to do with Z/X. As for those keys, it's close to the escape key so I can ragequit easier :3
_smu
‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ ‪ 
Elyne
LSft & Z
Arcanine
bc its uncomfortable the way im sitting to use keys that practically force me to elbow myself.
Volcanism
Number pad 4 & 5, but I'm left-handed.
seven8nine
I use num1 and num2 but I'm not left handed unlike most people who use the numpad it seems.
Shimatora
I use Up/Right on the directional keys. I'm not left handed.
MarioBound
Q and W because there is just that much space on my laptop.
Yuin
Num pad 1 and 4.
I like having my right hand close to my mouse hand, and it's more comfortable to have my right hand angled sideways to hit 1 and 4 instead of 1 and 2.
Pengua
LMB + RMB so I have a free hand while playing.
Bakanowy
i use Q W because i'm used to it from playing moba games. feels a lot more comfy lying my fingers on the keyboard to me
bn3o
./.
Sapphiire_old_1
I am using A/Z (azerty keybord)
shortpotato
2/3
the_z
[redacted]
sYnceDez
I use Mouse-1 and X
_Arzo_
; and /
because i need a palmrest ~
Syden
o and p because all of my other keys have broken inputs from being overused.
Vasta
p and å, because I can rest my wrist more.
loldcraft
G and H the bumps help me find my keys in the dark when the break ends
Kyno
[ and ] or ; and '

For me it seems impossible to use Z and X cause im left handed.
Just having the keys all the way to the right side is better for me I guess
hinamizawan
Once I've broke my BlackWidow's z/x buttons so I had to switch for c/v until I got a new kb.
DENKOUSEKKA
Using / and *
Saint_old
2 and 3
10crystalmask01

Bakanowy wrote:

i use Q W because i'm used to it from playing moba games. feels a lot more comfy lying my fingers on the keyboard to me
nya10
X and C because my Z keys is kind of broken lol
Rewben2
c/v because I have o-rings on z/x and use them at night when I want to be more quiet.
Blueprint
ZX TY < when I want to life my hands CV now but I always hit my space bar

edit: after reading this I decided to go and play around with key binds and realised something completely obvious, my hand position determins which finger is more dominant
Yasen Baka
Started using X/C because my Z button is dead.

Edit: Okay, now my X button is also dead. Guess I'll use Q/W.
B1rd
I use LMB and RMB because keyboards/tablets are for skrubs.
nooblet
AS because my wrist goes past the edge of my laptop if I use ZX. Also because I'm used to having my left hand on the second row from standard WASD games, but SD makes the edge of my thumb hit the trackpad...
Tumor
I use left- and downarrow, because I had to change it anyway since z/x-tapping doesn't make any sense on a QWERTZ-keyboard. I think it's pretty comfortable. I also use right-arrow for pausing.

On my laptop I use z/h, because the keyboard usually is pretty close to my body.
WolfCoder
F and H because I use my index and ring finger and my hand is large so it is comfortable to spread the keys out. It also lines up my palm so it actually rests on the palm rest. Sometimes I get too enthusiastic, so the little dash on the F key makes it so I never start mashing G on accident.

This is the sort of thing you'll have to calibrate for yourself, but do calibrate at all to find out.
ksg
numpad 1 and numpad ,
Same reason as WolfCoder, using ringfinger and indexfinger to play. I find it comfortable to have the keys at the far right side of the keyboard, since that way I can comfortably get my elbow to rest on the table, while my wrist is in the air.
show more