forum

Osu! Scandinavian Tournament 2014! Winners: Xytox & Gnuu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Liiraye

Welcome to the 2nd Osu! Scandinavian Tournament - 2014!

The official osu! Scandinavian Tournament thread.

Ripping Cxu's template from last year because I'm cool like that.

Congratulations to Xytox and Gnuu for winning the finals! Also well played Heibel, Mayoi,-GN & Pi!

0.9 UPDATE (12-01): Streaming the tournament

Open this
We are currently in a little pinch about streaming the upcoming OST as we're not sure we can get the multi spectator client they used in OWC

As per request, here's a clarification.

We'd need four (three?) people who can allocate a computer throughout the tournament. These may as well be a spare laptop, given it can pull a 500x500px~ stream without any hiccups at a stable 30 frames per second. There's less need for testing things than tweaking the setups of those who will be streaming once the tournament is up, so make sure both you an the computer you allocate will be available both for the initial setup and from the tournament and on.

For further information regarding the technicalities, please feel free to ask boat. Leave a PM on the forums if you want to participate as a staff member!

1. How does it work?

We wíll begin by signing up teams as shown in paragraph 3. The teams will consist of 2 players each (we discussed if we should play 1v1 or 2v2 and we all reached the consensus that making small teams with their own name and description adds to the feeling). You're free to sign up if you are from the following countries: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands and Åland Islands!

2. General Information/Rules

1. As of now, the tournament will begin at January 3nd, 2014, and hopefully we will be out of the groupstages throughout the winter break.
  2. Registrations will stay open until we have atleast enough teams to run a successful tournament.
  3. Teams will consist of two players from Scandinavia only.
  4. You may participate in one team only.
  5. Make sure you have enough time at hand for this so the tournament can run at a decent pace. The goal is to be finished in January.
  6. New rules might be added on the go, so please check this thread frequently. Any changes will be notified.
  7. Be nice to each other. Remember that we're all doing this for the fun!

3. How do I register?

To register your team, please post in this topic with the following format:
[notice][size=150][b][color=#BF0080]Team Name:[/color][/b] *insert name*[/size]
[b]Player #1[/b] - [profile]*insert name*[/profile]
[b]Player #2[/b] - [profile]*insert name*[/profile]
[i]*insert a short comment here.*[/i][/notice]
If done properly, you should have something like this:

Team Name: *insert name*
Player #1 - *insert name*
Player #2 - *insert name*
*insert a short comment here.*

4. Match Information/Rules

1. The group stages will be set up traditionally with 4 teams each. Every team will play against eachother once. First to 4 wins takes the cake.
  2. During the match, both teams will be in a multiplayer game; "Team vs." and win condition set to "Score".
  3. Each team will select three maps from a predetermined mappool to play during their match. You are not allowed to choose a map that your opponent have chosen.
  4. You're allowed to pick 1 mod each team. Nomod is excluded from this, but you're not allowed to pick the same song twice either.
  5. In case of a tie, a predetermined tiebreaker map will be played.
  6. The mappool will consist of both easy and hard maps, to make the tournament fun for as many people as possible. The mappool will be changed every round.
  7. If there is a disconnect or other disturbance during the match, a rematch is possible if both teams agree. Do note that on the slightest notice of abuse, your team will be instantly disqualified.
  8. Postponing a match is not possible in the group stages. This is because we want to hold the group stages in the same week (thursday -> sunday)
  9. If possible, I (Liiraye) or any other tournament staff will be staying with you in the multiplayer match as a referee. Of course, we're not participating in the actual game.

5. May I help?

Feel free to post in this thread if you want to help with one of the following points:
  1. Prizes - I will contribute with prizes to the winners, but it would add to the suspense if the prize pot increased a bit. All donations are welcome!
  2. Logo - Feel free to make make a logo for the tournament!
  3. Streaming (?) - People have requested this now and last year as well. I don't think I can stream a tournament well so if you think you can do it - please let me know! We would still need peppys stream client though (I think I could get a hold of it by asking some friends, but I can't promise anything).

6. Prizes

#1. Currently - 6 months supporter to both players
#2. Currently - 1 month supporter to both players
The prizes will change as they grow so these are not 100% definite at the moment.

7. Participating Teams

huehue
Team Name: Ehhm
Player #1 - Yzov
Player #2 - Kenpwe
Asu Nyan approves this.

Team Name: Bowling Dragon Lords
Player #1 - Xytox
Player #2 - Gnuu
Gnuu sucks and Xytox will carry.

Team Name: Team Nekokan ft. Isak - Can't defeat ezhd
Player #1 - 31415926535897
Player #2 - -GN
-GN for presiGNdent! (Pi sux)

Team Name: why did we sign up
Player #1 - kossc
Player #2 - ityka
time to learn nomod :D

Team Name: KinomiMara
Player #1 - Mara
Player #2 - KinomiCandy
we like to play videogames

Team Name: KFC
Player #1 - zBubba
Player #2 - Barracudaa
dunnolol

Team Name: Team Catch The Beat
Player #1 - Zerzxes
Player #2 - Kiwikun
We both suck at naming. Credits goes to CXu.

Team Name: hot yuri saxophone
Player #1 - Neyri
Player #2 - Kotayo
Hi, Liiraye here. This team never gave me a comment so I'll be here instead! Toodles~

Team Name: xXx420MLGHardrockFlashlightHiddennoscopedoubleSSmouseonlyMLGblazeitxXx v2
Player #1 - Slizzer
Player #2 - Nana tan
We're back bitches! Smoke weed every day!

Team Name: Noobstream.
Player #1 - Leetra
Player #2 - poptifine
We are the noobs. LOL

Team Name:cookiemonster.co
Player #1 - Mosti07
Player #2 - MrZoom
we love cookies

Team Name: Dangrish
Player #1 - Heibel
Player #2 - Mayoi Hachikuji
Ultimate lolicon yuri sisters

Team Name: Snak Dansk Din Hund
Player #1 - maal
Player #2 - FatezWheel
Snak dog dansk din hund ffs.

Team Name:YoloSwagFags
Player #1 - Tokrun
Player #2 - Yukizo
Hooray

Team Name: Debauchery Tea Party
Player #1 - Plaxix
Player #2 - Holtergeist
Who's the real sucker now!

Team Name: Bosses Pilfirma & jägarlicens i mjölby 15833 Sverige
Player #1 - Tjolahop
Player #2 - Mayis
Tjolahop håller i hatten medans majs plockas i gården

8. Tournament Staff

1. Organizer: Liiraye
  2. Map Selectors: Liiraye, Saten, Gyuunyu, Slizzer after he lost
  3. Referees: Liiraye, Saten, Amedis, Gyuunyu
  4. Streamers: Liiraye, Kotayo, Zerxzes

Alright, I think I covered most of it. Let the registrations begin!
Topic Starter
Liiraye

Brackets

Live updated!

Group Stage

Knockout Stage

Time Schedule (Knockout Stage)

Participating Teams

Open
Unseeded

Noobstream
Debauchery Tea Party
Ehhm
YoloSwagFags

Low-seeded

Snak Dansk Din Hund
Team Catch The Beat
why did we sign up
KFC

High-seeded

xXx420MLGHardrockFlashlightHiddennoscopedoubleSSmouseonlyMLGblazeitxXx v2
hot yuri saxophone
cookiemonster.co
Bosses Pilfirma & jägarlicens i mjölby 15833 Sverige

Top-seeded

Team Nekokan ft. Isak - Can't defeat ezhd
Kinomimara
Dangrish
Bowling Dragon Lords

Group A

Dangrish
Heibel & Mayoi Hachikuji

cookiemonster.co
Mosti07 & MrZoom

KFC
ZBubba & Barracudaa

Ehhm
Yzov & Kenpwe

Group B

Bowling Dragon Lords
Xytox & Gnuu

Bosses Pilfirma & jägarlicens i mjölby 15833 Sverige
Mayis & Tjolahop

Snak Dansk
Maal & FatezWheel

Noobstream
Leetra & Exclusive

Group C

Kinomimara
Mara & KinomiCandy

xXx420MLGHardrockFlashlightHiddennoscopedoubleSSmouseonlyMLGblazeitxXx v2
Slizzer & Nana tan

why did we sign up
kossc & ityka

Debauchery Tea Party
Plaxix & Holtergeist

Group D

Team Nekokan ft. Isak - Can't defeat ezhd
31415926535897 & -GN

hot yuri saxophone
Neyri & Kotayo

Team Catch The Beat
Zerzxes & Kiwikun

YoloSwagFags
Tokrun & Yukizo
CXu
The tournament will begin at December 26th, 2013
^That's.. well.. christmas. I don't know about most people, but usually I have stuff to do that day.
Also, you might want to get the group stages done fast, similar to OWC. If you set down a specific date for group stages, then you can get them all done in one weekend.
It's probably better than spending 9393 years finishing up stuff.
kriers
Aww come on Dec 26th, really? Vacation does not mean free time for most people. To me it means either being busy with family or working my ass off for extra wage during holidays.

Why not January, the least busy calender month of the year.
Topic Starter
Liiraye

CXu wrote:

The tournament will begin at December 26th, 2013
^That's.. well.. christmas. I don't know about most people, but usually I have stuff to do that day.
Also, you might want to get the group stages done fast, similar to OWC. If you set down a specific date for group stages, then you can get them all done in one weekend.
It's probably better than spending 9393 years finishing up stuff.

Exactly. That was my thought as well. As I think I mentioned, we will aim at finishing the entire tournament in january. Group stages and quarters etc are estimated to be finished during the winter break.

I chose december 26th because people usually are free at that time and this won't be time-consuming.
If people have different thoughts on the matter we could choose another date, but I'd rather have it beginning prior to 2014 (with a break around new years eve) and then settled before the winter break ends.

kriers wrote:

Aww come on Dec 26th, really? Vacation does not mean free time for most people. To me it means either being busy with family or working my ass off for extra wage during holidays.

Why not January, the least busy calender month of the year.
I guess you have a point. I just started with a date to start a debate. It could indeed suit better in January if people (as contrary to what I initially thought) are busy at that time.
Zerzxes
But damnit. now I need to find someone who wants to play with me! D:
Grunt
anyone wanna join team grunt?
Yzov
Team Name: Ehhm
Player #1 - Yzov
Player #2 - Kenpwe
Asu Nyan approves this.
Belix95
Team Name: Otaku Horse-Club
Player #1 - Belix95
Player #2 - Hi_na_gi_ku
Hi_ni_gi_ku didn't know how to sign up so I had to do it hehe
this looks like a very funny thing!! and I hope we'll have a lot of fun hehe xD
even though we're not very good yet I hope we'll win at least one hehe xD
Hi_na_gi_ku
Hehe, I am so clumsy to not know how to sign up for this :P I really hope it will be fun and have a nice time with everything :D Thanks Belix for signing us up :D!
Xytox
Team Name: Bowling Dragon Lords
Player #1 - Xytox
Player #2 - Gnuu
Gnuu sucks and Xytox will carry.
I am captain again.
Kotayo
looking for team partner i guess
kruchan
gl scandinavian!!
i want play :((

can play kotayo??

Kotayo wrote:

Kotayo

kruchan wrote:

gl scandinavian!!
i want play :((

can play kotayo??

Kotayo wrote:

you're from hong kong sadly :(
Topic Starter
Liiraye
Due to the feedback I've changed the date to January 2nd. Thanks for the feedback guys!
Kotayo
you can put me up as potential streamer for now i guess (if we get the client thingy) if i get a teammate i'll probably play but we'll see
Team Name: Team Nekokan ft. Isak - Can't defeat ezhd
Player #1 - 31415926535897
Player #2 - -GN
-GN for presiGNdent! (Pi sux)
Loctav
As I promised in the tournament boards to the UK tournament, Maybe I can arrange that the finals of this tournament might be streamed on the osulive broadcasting channel on twitch.tv

I am unsure how many prizes I can arrange to be sponsored, so don't put too much hopes in it.
Just keep the tournament steadily organized, cool and professional and then feel free to poke me again, when stuff got real.

Maybe I should setup some doc to apply with your regional tournaments, so we can keep osulive alive and full with cool play showoffs, in national, regional and international manners.
ityka
Team Name: why did we sign up
Player #1 - kossc
Player #2 - ityka
time to learn nomod :D
Topic Starter
Liiraye

Loctav wrote:

As I promised in the tournament boards to the UK tournament, Maybe I can arrange that the finals of this tournament might be streamed on the osulive broadcasting channel on twitch.tv

I am unsure how many prizes I can arrange to be sponsored, so don't put too much hopes in it.
Just keep the tournament steadily organized, cool and professional and then feel free to poke me again, when stuff got real.

Maybe I should setup some doc to apply with your regional tournaments, so we can keep osulive alive and full with cool play showoffs, in national, regional and international manners.

That would be great! Thank you.

Is it possible to stream more than just the finals? Maybe the quarter ~> semi finals as well?
I've already gotten some PM's about more donations. Still, all of them are welcome!
show more