forum

specialized mouse for osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gintokisakata04
I'm just thinking if what brand/type of mouse that has better grip
and good for spinning in osu mode. My mouse is slippy and i think it has disadvantage while playing osu :o

Anyway just asking if there is one. :)
mekadon_old
Logitech G500/G500S
Topic Starter
gintokisakata04
how much is it
and can it spin like osu?
VoidnOwO
:)
boat

gintokisakata04 wrote:

It's you who's supposed to spin the mouse, so the question is if you can "spin like osu".
maal

boat wrote:

gintokisakata04 wrote:

It's you who's supposed to spin the mouse, so the question is if you can "spin like osu".
im dead
Trash Boat

maal wrote:

im dead
maal Rest In Pieces
the sivart
I use a razer mouse but I really do not think it matters as long as its got a laser or bluelight sensor and you turn off mouse acceleration.
Seikunai
I use a Logitech M100

It sucks lol.

Feels like a brick.
Jsdfbn
Dell stock mice 25/8.
Slith
Zowie ec1 evo. trust me. works great
D33d
Get a G9x or any other smaller mouse. Smaller/squatter mice work really well for this game.
boat
You're legitimately suggesting a g9x? Those things are horrible.
Weed
Saw this big chart about mice awhile back.
ZenoDiac

bewaredrev wrote:

Saw this big chart about mice awhile back.
^^^That thing is BS.

Advice
Anyway, you just need a mouse with DPI higher than 2300 or else you'll find a hard time navigating on a big screen.
And like the sivart said, you need to turn mouse acceleration OFF or else you'll never come to terms with control.

NOW... inb4 bitching:
I'd recommend a mouse with a "high" lift distance as this helps you spin A LOT faster as the momentum of your spinning tends to lift the mouse a small amount off the mousepad and you won't loose tracking.

Most people would vote against this. But, for maps with lots of spinners, there's nothing quite like it. Unfortunately this existed in older mice, which makes it hard to find a new one which isn't discontinued. I'd still use my Logitech G3, if it didn't break through all these years :/
neurosis

ZenoDiac wrote:

^^^That thing is BS.
why?

ZenoDiac wrote:

Advice
Anyway, you just need a mouse with DPI higher than 2300 or else you'll find a hard time navigating on a big screen.
this may be true for you, but it isn't for everyone.

ZenoDiac wrote:

And like the sivart said, you need to turn mouse acceleration OFF or else you'll never come to terms with control.
even if you turn it off, you won't be able to help it if you buy a mouse with hardware-based acceleration in the sensor itself, or other imperfections, which is what that chart above is trying to prevent.
TakuMii
gah this thread, what is even

mekadon wrote:

Logitech G400/G400S
fixed

the sivart wrote:

I use a razer mouse but I really do not think it matters as long as its got a laser or bluelight sensor and you turn off mouse acceleration.
If you're getting a mouse specifically for osu! (aka a really accurate mouse), you might want to avoid laser mice and mice with blue sensors, since both are designed solely with surface compatibility (and pointlessly high DPI) in mind. Most, if not all, laser mice have a small amount of acceleration that becomes more noticeable the lower your DPI is. You can get more accurate mice by going optical, and I highly suggest using the lowest DPI that you find comfortable.

ZenoDiac wrote:

^^^That thing is BS.
What's your reasoning behind this? Just curious.

ZenoDiac wrote:

Just because it works for you, doesn't mean it works for everyone. I use 800dpi at 1920x1080 and I still find it too sensitive sometimes (I used to play at 450dpi at 1366x768).

ZenoDiac wrote:

I'd recommend a mouse with a "high" lift distance as this helps you spin A LOT faster as the momentum of your spinning tends to lift the mouse a small amount off the mousepad and you won't loose tracking.

Most people would vote against this. But, for maps with lots of spinners, there's nothing quite like it. Unfortunately this existed in older mice, which makes it hard to find a new one which isn't discontinued. I'd still use my Logitech G3, if it didn't break through all these years :/
You might want to look at the DeathAdder 2013. As far as I'm aware, it's the only mouse available that has both a good sensor and an adjustable lift-off distance.
Glyph

YayMii wrote:

You might want to look at the DeathAdder 2013. As far as I'm aware, it's the only mouse available that has both a good sensor and an adjustable lift-off distance.
It actually has some motion delay due to the weirdly not-so-bad smoothing added onto the sensor. It's pretty easy to get used to though, and isn't as variable with muscle memory as laser sensors.
Topic Starter
gintokisakata04
It's you who's supposed to spin the mouse, so the question is if you can "spin like osu".[/quote]

I think thats not it. the spinning circle is so small.. and some osu players can spin like it and i think
they are using some kind of device?? :?:
Francis

gintokisakata04 wrote:

boat wrote:

I think thats not it. the spinning circle is so small.. and some osu players can spin like it and i think
Well, it's either they spin small circles a lot or maybe tablet. I don't think there is a specialized mouse for osu, you just got to get used to playing with your current mouse and you can become Pro.
Acruxia

gintokisakata04 wrote:

I think you can spin in small circle with any mouse. Just some tips, lower dpi or lower sensitivity settings might helps, because you can spin in small circle on the screen but actually you spin your mouse at big enough circle. The cursor might be slow but if you can spin at small circle will result in higher rpm. And turning off enhance precision will help you spin in a perfect circle (not oval) easier, because your cursor will follow your actual mouse movement (no cursor acceleration involved).
Kanye West
Any mouse works. If you're insistent on spending money for a mouse, I recommend Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1a.

It's only around $10 and blows expensive mice like razer out of the water. Only downside is lack of adjustable dpi but you can live with that.
Seyren Delicia
Im currently using thermaltake azurues I bought it for 42U$ and it didnt break yet so I think this is great? (I play with mouse clicks so my last mouse broke really soon ...)
deletemyaccount
Don't need to spend too much on a mouse. Having over 9000 DPI is pointless for pretty much everything, just get a G400.
That new G400S looks pretty nice, you can also use different profiles for other games and normal use on the software.

Do you have a widescreen monitor? If you find yourself spinning ovals rather than circles because of this then reduce the dpi on your x axis and you should see an improvement.
TakuMii

Philantropist wrote:

Do you have a widescreen monitor? If you find yourself spinning ovals rather than circles because of this then reduce the dpi on your x axis and you should see an improvement.
There shouldn't be any reason why a widescreen monitor would cause you to spin ovals, unless you're using a stretched non-widescreen resolution, and in that case the spinner itself would be oval-shaped too.
Jafem
I use a Razer naga
Trash Boat
Genius
Frizz
For me it's better to find a mouse that fits your hand perfectly first, mind the sensor later. It doesn't have the most flawless one, just find an acceptable one.

Also expensive mice won't guarantee any skill boost. It's yourself that matters. I'd usually talk a lot about this kind of subject but I'm trying to keep myself simple here.
sunumi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktdnXwPZNYc

This will help you spin in osu))
Akbar47
Mouse Play

I'm just using 2000dpi mouse'-')/
FiLeZekk
Honestly just stick with the G400s/G400, i'm surprised it's even lasted this long with the amount of clicks I have done to it xD
I've had this mouse for about 2 Years and I don't see a single fault.
I'm playing on a Resolution of 1920x1080, 800Dpi and 0.98 Sens on Osu with an universal offset of +25
mouse_old_1
Literally any mouse will do unless it's disconnecting from your computer every 10 minutes.
Green Platinum

red-bull wrote:

Literally any mouse will do unless it's disconnecting from your computer every 10 minutes.
No man, I'm bad because my hardware
Rio-

red-bull wrote:

Literally any mouse will do
*also please don't necropost*
jackw
[deleted]
ZyRiiu
I use the Razer Taipan, it's really precise.