咲 -Saki- Mafia (GAME OVER)

posted
Total Posts
show more
NoHitter
*sigh* go town, I guess.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Everyone woke up only to find that Onjouji Toki was nowhere to be seen. Then they saw

Onjouji Toki - DISQUALIFIED

People kept asking why, and the only reason anyone ever gave was "medical reasons". and even that was rumored to be a BS excuse made up by the press, but there was nothing they could do about it now.

Rantai (Onjouji Toki) - 1-shot Deathproof Enabler - killed N3

It is D4. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Deadline is 11/10 06:00 GMT (120:00 from now)
Rantai
Boo.
Sakura
This is probably LyLo be careful before voting guys.
Amianki
Gah, NoHitter not fullclaiming at any point yesterday makes things a lot harder for us.

I might as well claim now since there's no real point in my ability anymore.

I am Shimizudani Ryuuka. I can commute every single night, but only as long as Onjouji Toki is still alive. I found it amusing that the ability is called "Lap Power". Naturally, I commuted every single night I could.

Everyone needs to claim their character and abilities if they haven't yet. I believe a massclaim is necessary here.
Sakura
My ability can lead to a scum win even if we lynch correctly today if scum knows how to use it so I'll refrain from claiming.
Amianki
@Mod: What is the status of the Irreversible slot?
Amianki
Okay. I think I understand what's going on. Unfortunately, that means we are literally completely stuck until that Irreversible slot is replaced.
Sakura
Unless the mod can convince him to come back.
Amianki
I'd actually really like Quotes to fullclaim too.
Amianki
I feel town has already won the game. I just want to make absolutely sure of one thing that has been bugging me the entire game.
Topic Starter
pieguyn

CalignoBot wrote:

@Mod: What is the status of the Irreversible slot?
still looking for a replacement. haven't found one yet.
Sakura
Anyone home?
Sakura
Oh btw, sucmteam is Caligno and RB.
Sakura
Vote: CalignoBot
Sakura
oh wait im confusing games
Unvote >_>
Sakura
Yeah it's caligno and Irre I meant
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Irreversible replaces Irreversible

that is, Irre has retracted his replacement request
Nyquill
At this point in time, theres not much we can go on anymore.

Lets just hope to god sakura isn't scum.

Vote: Calignobot
Irreversible
Topic Starter
pieguyn
CalignoBot has been lynched pls stand by
Topic Starter
pieguyn
ROUND 3
GAME 3/10

Miyanaga Saki, Touyoko Momoko, and Kajiki Yumi were facing off against Shimizudani Ryuuka. Ryuuka in particular felt weak, after Onjouji Toki had been eliminated.

Ryuuka: "Toki isn't here....."
"I can't see anything, but I still have my skills as a player! I'm going to win this!"

Or so she thought. Everything was going fine on the first hand when all of a sudden:
Saki: "KAN"
*reach*
"Tsumo. Rinshan Kaihou ~"

Ryuuka: "well that was unexpected. how am I supposed to deal with this?"

then on the very next hand

Momoko: "Ron. tanyao, dora 2."
Ryuuka immediately started panicking.
"WHAT?! Where'd she come from?? I didn't even notice her."
and then she realized that Saki had just discarded the same tile she had discarded on the previous turn.

With the players weeded down after 2 eliminations, these players seemed to be playing each other continuously. Kajiki Yumi was well versed in dealing with Saki, and Momoko didn't seem like she was doing anything out of the ordinary. She figured nothing was up. However, around the 7th hand, something changed. Even Momoko started winning off Yumi, her own senpai, consecutively. Then suddenly Yumi realized the same thing Ryuuka did - she was passing up winning tiles of Saki to win on other people. She was in such shock that she just froze, and then she started losing her composure, and with it, all of her points.

Suga Kyoutarou had somehow managed to make it all the way up here despite sucking a lot, and somehow no one had noticed he wasn't even a girl?? needless to say, there was nothing he could do about it.

It seemed the power of a demon and the person who doesn't exist, when placed together, was enough to knock out everyone else.

CalignoBot - (Shimizudani Ryuuka) - Commuter - lynched D4

Quotes (Suga Kyoutarou) - Innocent Child - endgamed
Sakura (Kajiki Yumi) - Lover + Non-consecutive Watcher - endgamed

Irreversible - (Miyanaga Saki) - Mafia 1-shot Limited Day Vigilante - survived
Nyquill - (Touyoko Momoko) - Mafia Lover + Conditional Nexus + Ninja - survived

MAFIA + LYNCHER WIN
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Irreversible

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, Irreversible! You are Miyanaga Saki.

You've hated mahjong as long as you can remember, as your family would get mad no matter if you won or lost. Because of this, you developed a playstyle of getting +/- 0 points every single game, neither winning or losing. However, after joining the Kiyosumi mahjong club, you've learned the fun of playing mahjong with other people and winning at it. This allowed you to bloom with all your might just like your sister encouraged you to, before your family got separated... Now you want to advance through the national tournament in order to reunite with your sister.

You are a Mafia 1-shot Limited Day Vigilante along with your partners, OnosakiHito (Takakamo Shizuno, Disabler) and Nyquill (Touyoko Momoko, Conditional Nexus + Ninja).

Abilities:
  1. Rinshan Kaihou - You're famous for reliably declaring "KAN"s and being able to win on the draw from the dead wall, something that usually requires a lot of luck. Once per game, during the day round, you can get a Rinshan Kaihou, killing someone else immediately. To use this ability, post shoot: xxx in thread. This ability does not work if |mafia| ≥ |town| - 1. (e.g. if there are 2 mafia and 3 town alive during the Day, this ability won't work, but if there are 2 mafia and 4 town alive it will.)
  2. Factional kill - your faction shares a kill. Each night, your faction may select someone to perform the kill and a kill target.
  3. Factional communication - you and your partners can communicate at the following quicktopic anytime, including day: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/6H7uZDDLEnvJY
You win when your faction controls half the votes during the day or nothing can prevent this from happening.
NoHItter

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, NoHItter! You are Fukuji Mihoko.

As the leader of the Kazekoshi mahjong club, you care a lot about your teammates. So much, in fact, that you spend a lot of time doing odd jobs to prevent your teammates from doing them, to the point where it causes them to feel bad. You're a very powerful player, but thanks to your heterochromia, you never show your right eye to others. However, when opening it, you're able to see things no sane person could ever realize.

You are a 1-shot Global Tracker.

Abilities:
  1. Right eye - Once per game during the Night Round, you may open your right eye. You'll receive results on who each player targeted that night.
You win when all threats to the town are gone.
Jinxy

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, Jinxy! You are Takei Hisa.

You're known for always choosing the wait with the worst chance of winning, and then winning anyway. After entering Kiyosumi and joining the mahjong club, you were disappointed to find out there were no active members. True to your playing style, you chose to wait out the full 3 years for enough people to join, and somehow they did. Now you have a chance to reach the national tournament and lead your team to victory.

You are a Jack of all Trades.

Abilities:
  1. Jack of all Trades - You're notorious for always winning on bad waits, but that's not all you've got. Overall, you're a very strong all-around player. Each night, you may PM me stating an ability and a player to use it on. Your abilities are as follows:
  2. 1-shot Tracker - receive results on who a player targeted that Night
  3. 1-shot Doctor - prevent all NK attempts on a player for one Night
  4. 1-shot Vigilante - kill a player during the Night
  5. 1-shot Roleblocker - roleblock a player at Night, stopping their Night action, if any, from working
Rantai

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, Rantai! You are Onjouji Toki.

You're a very sickly person, to the point where you're hospitalized all the time and even almost died once. However, coming into close contact with death can cause people to see things no normal human could ever see. In your case, it enabled you to start seeing one turn into the future, allowing you to quickly become one of the most feared players.

You are a 1-shot Deathproof Enabler.

Abilities:
  1. Seeing ahead - During the game, by seeing ahead you will be able to predict the first time you die, thus being able to evade it.
  2. Lap power - you know that Shimizudani Ryuuka is a character in the game. As long as you both are alive, you'll rest in her lap, giving her power. You don't know exactly how she can use this power.
Nyquill

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, Nyquill! You are Touyoko Momoko.

Ever since you were a child, you never had much of a presence. This caused you to decide it was better to abandon all effort towards communication, causing no one to ever notice you. However, you took notice of Kajiki Yumi's interesting behavior, and now you know how fun it can be to communicate with other people. Still, when playing mahjong, you can use your lack of presence to cause a whole bunch of chaos, which has some pretty hilarious effects as people constantly play into your hands without even realizing what they're doing.

You are a Mafia Lover + Conditional Nexus + Ninja along with your partners, Irreversible (Miyanaga Saki, 1-shot Limited Day Vigilante) and OnosakiHito (Takakamo Shizuno, Disabler).

Abilities:
  1. Disappear - During each day round, if you have not acquired half the required votes to lynch at any given time, you will disappear for the next night. When you disappear, any night actions targeting you will be redirected onto a random player, and if you perform the factional kill you'll be undetectable by Trackers and Watchers.
  2. Lover - You're a lover with Sakura (Kajiki Yumi). If Sakura dies, you'll lose all motivation to continue and be eliminated immediately. Sakura doesn't know your alignment, and your partners don't know you're a Lover. (You may reveal this ability to them if you deem it advantageous.)
  3. Factional kill - your faction shares a kill. Each night, your faction may select someone to perform the kill and a kill target.
  4. Factional communication - you and your partners can communicate at the following quicktopic anytime, including day: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/6H7uZDDLEnvJY
You win when your faction controls half the votes during the day or nothing can prevent this from happening.
OnosakiHito

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, OnosakiHito! You are Takakamo Shizuno.

After your friend moved away, you later saw her on national television winning the middle school individual championship. Naturally, you were completely stunned by this and, along with some friends, revived Achiga's mahjong club in order to visit her at the national tournament. You always enjoyed running around in the mountains, to the point where you felt you could become one with the deep mountains. This allowed you to control people's abilities as long as they were in the deep parts of the tile walls (the deep "mountains").

You are a Mafia Disabler along with your partners, Irreversible (Miyanaga Saki, 1-shot Limited Day Vigilante) and Nyquill (Touyoko Momoko, Conditional Nexus + Ninja).

Abilities:
  1. Lord of the Deep Mountain - Each night, you may PM me the name of a player whose role to disable. Their role won't work until the next night. This includes passive abilities, but innate abilities such as Mason, Lover, and Neighbor can't be disabled.
  2. Factional kill - your faction shares a kill. Each night, your faction may select someone to perform the kill and a kill target.
  3. Factional communication - you and your partners can communicate at the following quicktopic anytime, including day: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/6H7uZDDLEnvJY
DakeDekaane

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, DakeDekaane! You are Amae Koromo.

Your parents both died. Everyone blamed you, calling you "behond comprehension" and saying you're posessed by a demon. When people play against you, this only reinforces their beliefs as they feel like they're being dragged down to the bottom of the sea. As a result, you're really lonely all the time and you just want to finally know what it's like to have fun playing mahjong with people. Despite this, you're one of the most powerful players, being able to prevent others from winning until you win on the very last tile, to the point where you set a large number of records and were named the MVP in your first try at the national tournaments.

You are a Super-Saint + Visitor.

Abilities:
  1. Haitei Raoyue - It seems you have the power to reliably win on the very last tile. If you get lynched, you'll get a Haitei Raoyue at day end, killing the player who hammered you.
  2. Visitor - Each night, you may PM me with the name of a player to visit. You'll visit that player to play mahjong with them, though this has no special effects.
Royston

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, Royston! You are Ryuumonbuchi Touka.

You love standing out as much as possible. During the prefectural qualifying tournament, however, when it was your turn to shine, that damn Nodoka completely shut you down. Now you just wanna get revenge on her, so much to the point that you don't even care how well you do in the tournament as long as you get her. :> She humiliated you, and you shall have revenge.

You are a Lyncher. Your target is Raging Bull (Haramura Nodoka).

Abilities:
  1. Lyncher - It is your mission to get Haramura Nodoka lynched. You have no other abilities.
You win when Raging Bull (Haramura Nodoka) is lynched and you are alive. You lose if you die before Nodoka dies, or if both of you are alive at endgame.
If Nodoka is killed via other means besides lynch and you are still alive, you win when all threats to the town are gone.
Quotes

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, Quotes! You are Suga Kyoutarou.

You're a member of the Kiyosumi mahjong club, but you're the only guy there. Not only that but you suck too much to be any good at the game, so you mostly just run errands for all the girls. Even if you're not counted as a player, you still happily fulfill this duty to the club.

You are an Innocent Child.

Abilities:
  1. Innocent Child - You have no idea how the hell you got here, this is a girls tournament after all! They had to put you in drag just to get you in here. Anyway, you suck so badly at mahjong that there's no way you could possibly be a part of this incident. At the start of D1, you will be confirmed town by the moderator.
Raging Bully

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, Raging Bull! You are Haramura Nodoka.

You've loved mahjong ever since you remember. However, given how hard it is to set up a game in real life, you turned to online mahjong, and became one of the most feared players online. As a result of your online playing style, you're notorious for being a firm disbeliever in any occult abilities as none of those are possible in online play, but who said you need them to win? You'll win via just your skill at mahjong and that's it.

You are a Doublevoter.

Abilities:
  1. Nodocchi mode - Because of your skill, you get an extra vote during the day in order to influence the course of the game. To use your second vote, use vote2: xxx and unvote2 or something similar.
Sakura

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, Sakura! You are Kajiki Yumi.

You're the captain of Tsuruga's team. It was your leadership that brought enough members to your team to be able to participate in the prefectural qualifying tournament. It was this same ability to plan and strategize that enabled you to come one tile away from winning on the last hand during the team tournament, even though you couldn't quite do it. Even if you have no occult abilities, the fact you were able to accomplish all this is really something, and you're respected by many for being one of the best strategists around.

You are a Lover + Non-consecutive Watcher.

Abilities:
  1. Strategy - Each night, you may PM me with the name of a player to watch. You will receive results on who targeted that player that night. Note you can't do this if you successfully used this ability the previous night.
  2. Lover - You're a lover with Nyquill (Touyoko Momoko). If Nyquill dies, you'll lose all motivation to continue and be eliminated immediately.
CalignoBot

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, CalignoBot! You are Shimizudani Ryuuka.

As the captain of Senriyama's team, you're a good player and a nice person. You're good friends with Onjouji Toki and spend a lot of time taking care of her.

You are a Commuter.

Abilities:
  1. Lap power - you know that Onjouji Toki is a character in the game, though you don't know who it is. As long as she is alive, she'll rest in your lap, giving you the power to commute each Night. You lose this power when she dies.
safeclaim 1

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, xxx! You are Someya Mako.

Your grandfather always ran a mahjong parlor, and you spent most of your time there. You've developed a mental image of most of the matches you've witnessed. By taking off your glasses and blocking out everything besides your opponents' discards, you're able to recall past scenes from your grandfather's mahjong parlor to determine what people are doing.

You are a Cop.

Abilities:
  1. Spindle Territory - Each night, you may PM me the name of a player and get results back in the form "mafia-aligned/not mafia-aligned".
safeclaim 2

pieguy1372 wrote:

Welcome to 咲 -Saki- Mafia, xxx! You are Kanbara Satomi.

You're the president of Tsuruga's mahjong club, although you're not as serious as some of your other members. You have no special mahjong-related abilities, but who needs them when you can drive your Volkswagen van around and scare the shit out of everyone? They may say it's reckless, but it's more efficient and it's not like you've ever had an accident.

You are a Bus Driver.

Abilities:
  1. Reckless driving - Each night, you may PM me the names of two players to drive. Any action targeting one player will then target the other player.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
mafia chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/6H7uZDDLEnvJY
dead chat: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/Bp4pu9UCRseV3
actions and role list: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/T3kL9aPib6b7

other notes:
  1. momoko's nexus and ninja activated if she didn't get half the required lynch votes on that day. she would "disappear" and no one could see her or target her.
  2. Rantai aka toki (deathproof enabler) enabled Caligno aka ryuuka (commuter)
  3. Irre's (saki) dayvig didn't work if it was LyLo to prevent any unfair mafia wins
  4. mafia had safeclaims mako (cop), satomi (bus driver)
  5. koromo's visitor was explicitly a counter for NH's (mihoko) track and Sakura's (yumi) watch
  6. Kyto's (hisa) JOAT had track, doc, vig, and roleblock
setup design: I wanted to ensure no one could outguess the mod (TM) so I followed some procedures when pcking the setup. I wanted one of the main characters to be mafia so I randomly picked one from Saki (dayvig), Koromo (super-saint), Yumi (watcher), or Nodoka (doublevoter). Momoko (ninja/nexus) was the only character I planned to be mafia from the start since I couldn't imagine her as anything besidse a ninja at least. the last mafia was chosen for balance and it ended up being Shizuno (disabler), even though that's already kind of a mafia role.

I figured 2.5 mafia (2 regular mafia and a mafia lover) would be fair given there was a lyncher who was probably going to screw town over and they had a dayvig. maybe even that was too much > <
Topic Starter
pieguyn
  1. Dake never used his visitor ability. it was supposed to be compulsive, but I forgot. ;w; so he made a smart move cause it existed as a direct counter for the investigative roles.
  2. sorry NH but I was laughing so hard at your misfortune the whole game. First how you used your ability and the only result you got was on the guy who died, and second how you lost to Koromo's ability after requesting Koromo when you signed up. plz don't hate me too much <3
  3. The two people with special moves (Saki and Koromo) got kills during the day. Saki's rinshan kaihou happens anytime during a hand so she got a daykill she could use anytime (dayvig). Koromo's happens at the end of a hand and onl yworks on the last tile so her kill happens at the end only on the person who hammers her (supersaint). kind of a stretch but it was the best I could come up with .-.
  4. I screwed two things up. first off, I'm not happy with how I handled the Irreversible replacement. it was unfair to everyone else since they had no idea what to do about that slot. as it was, he was able to replace back in and immediately get a quickhammer. Second, Dake's visitor was supposed to be compulsive, but I forgot to put that in the role PM. ;w;
  5. I wanna apologize for all the inactivity this game. hope it was at least somewhat enjoyable. I tried to keep it up with votecounts/deadlines/etc, the last thing I was going to do was lose interest in my own game just cause it was inactive :?
also, why did you all lynch the commuter? commuters are never mafia ;)

thanks everyone for playing :D I hope the game didn't suck too much with all the inactivity. if someone can give me suggestions on how to deal with this better I'd love you forever <3
Irreversible
Replace me faster, I really found that unfair.. :/ xD Yeah but that's all, I just got overloaded with three games, and school and this and that. I'm sorry guys, I've basically ruint this game.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
I was trying but I couldn't find anyone T_T

and plz don't blame yourself, it's my fault as the mod :cry:
DakeDekaane
y u mafia dayvig >.>

GG scum, at least I got one, but it was too late wwww
Sakura
Making me Lover with scum... how lovely.
Amianki

Really? Why would you instalynch me?
Amianki
Once I figured out there were lovers in the game, it was pretty much obvious that Irreversible+Lover was scum; I just wanted to make sure Quotes was truly town and to see if the Irreversible slot would make a fatal mistake.
Topic Starter
pieguyn

CalignoBot wrote:

Once I figured out there were lovers in the game, it was pretty much obvious that Irreversible+Lover was scum; I just wanted to make sure Quotes was truly town and to see if the Irreversible slot would make a fatal mistake.
quotes was IC

I'm not that evil :(

also if you wanna know why they instalynched a commuter, it may or may not have something to do with the last game I hosted <_>
Amianki
I never once believed Quotes was confirmed town mainly because of the way it was worded. It gave me a feeling that he might have been given an ability to have the mod say something once in the game.

And this was the second time I was lynched as town. Bleh.
Sakura
Well i never imagined i'd be lovers with scum so i treated Nyquill like a mason partner, with quotes being IC, it was pretty much PoE for me and I voted you because Irre wasnt around and I thought he wouldnt be able to be around to NK me or Nyquill killing 2 town in 1 blow.

But Nyquill was scum sooo yeah.
Amianki
I thought you had figured out that it was likely he was scum when you said you were willing to go down to take him with you.

I always assume that when I'm paired with someone and I'm unsure of their alignment, they're more likely scum than town.
Sakura
I was hoping scum would NK the IC so i used my watch ability on quotes :<

Should teach that just because someone is an Innocent Child doesnt mean they would get Night Killed.
Amianki
Never NKing Quotes nearly lost them the game. We had essentially two confirmed towns in LyLo that town could never lose (technically if both lovers were scum, but that balance would be horrific).
Amianki
That said, I liked the setup. The ability to ninja-kill every single night was a bit overkill and I was assuming that the global track would've found out what I was (since the correct answer is no result instead of going nowhere), but otherwise it was done well.
Raging Bull
Calingo best town lyncher.
Sephibro
i just figured that saki is fucking lolis who play fucking mahjong