forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rorona

Shirotaku wrote:

in fact i got 2 so i got 1 free if anyone wants an adamant Fletching with Gale wings
wow I want that gale wings.

It sounds like it'd be incredibly good.
NaomiMinette

battler077 wrote:

here's my thoughts about why Nintendo is not making Pokémon Z: 1-Despite Xerneas and Yveltal, Zygarde doesn't fit on the word Z. its anatomy resembles more like a S instead of Z. 2-if they would, they will have to pick an opposite color of Zygarde, like yellow, to balance by creating a 4th title. Black, White and Grey could have fit very well, but not Red, Blue and Green without yellow
Since you probably haven't even checked Zygarde's total base stats, I'll go ahead and mention this now: they're actually pretty low for a Legendary, so there could be something like it having another Forme similar to Giratina or Kyurem to fix that.
Soaprman

battler077 wrote:

here's my thoughts about why Nintendo is not making Pokémon Z: 1-Despite Xerneas and Yveltal, Zygarde doesn't fit on the word Z. its anatomy resembles more like a S instead of Z. 2-if they would, they will have to pick an opposite color of Zygarde, like yellow, to balance by creating a 4th title. Black, White and Grey could have fit very well, but not Red, Blue and Green without yellow
Honestly I don't get the other two either. They should have called the games Pokémon h and Pokémon T if you ask me.

And the yellow counterpart to Emerald is coming, too. The Hoenn remakes are real, everyone.
Rorona

Soaprman wrote:

And the yellow counterpart to Emerald is coming, too. The Hoenn remakes are real, everyone.
my money is ready <3
NaomiMinette
Okay, just waiting on Falapalagas now.

Thanks again, Shirotaku :)
Professor Prinny
To think such a thing would ever be a highlight in my Pokemon career...
Shirotaku

Blazevoir wrote:

Okay, just waiting on Falapalagas now.

Thanks again, Shirotaku :)
Not a problem you helped me with my haunter, kadabra, and you gave me a magmar xD

btw i breeded 1 more gale wings fletchling, i'm giving one to loli and i gave one to rorona,

anyone wants the last gale wings adamant fletching?
Soaprman

Professor Prinny wrote:

I bet you can't get 9903.
Professor Prinny

Shirotaku wrote:

btw i breeded 1 more gale wings fletching, i'm giving one to loli and i gave one to rorona,

anyone wants the last gale wings adamant fletching?
I'll take it. What do you want in return?

Soaprman wrote:

Professor Prinny wrote:

I bet you can't get 9903.
Oh come on I had 45 seconds to clear puzzle 21... X_X
_Remi
Thanks Shiro <3
Shirotaku

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

Thanks Shiro <3
You gave me a Gallade level 82 for a level 1 fletchling i should be the one who thank you xD
well he'll be an awesome set to my team thanks <3
Trash Boat
3rd gen remakes, what the.....' Really?
NaomiMinette

Professor Prinny wrote:

I hate you... I can't even get past puzzle 2 ;_;
0_o

Professor Prinny wrote:

You are a cheating wizard.
Rorona
I can't even get past normal mode.

what

well I can, but that requires like ugh no.
Hika

Rorona wrote:

Soaprman wrote:

my money is ready <3
mathexpert
sigh, after 6 boxes and still trying to breed a shiny eevee ;_;

also, my friend code is 3883-5670-5024~
Falapalagas

Hika wrote:

All I can say is that Professor Sycamore is a hot piece of man. His name is so dashing. <3
NaomiMinette
Oh boy, here comes the fangirling/nosebleeding/deaths >_>

(Also, when can we trade?)
Falapalagas

Blazevoir wrote:

Oh boy, here comes the fangirling/nosebleeding/deaths >_>

(Also, when can we trade?)
If now is a good time...well..now.
Hika

Falapalagas wrote:

Hika wrote:

All I can say is that Professor Sycamore is a hot piece of man. His name is so dashing. <3
UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH <3
NotEvenDoomMusic

mathexpert wrote:

sigh, after 6 boxes and still trying to breed a shiny eevee ;_;

also, my friend code is 3883-5670-5024~
You're on the google .doc list, someone added you there already.
I've made some... "refinements" if you catch my drift ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Add me back @ Friendcode and i'll tell you what you're having in your Friend Safari..
including what version of pkmn you're running + your username/IG name.
NaomiMinette

Falapalagas wrote:

If now is a good time...well..now.
I just hope I can catch you in the morning (my time)... I had to do something earlier, and I'm about to go to bed now x.x
PROGUY

Professor Prinny wrote:

Holy... I think I'll stick with Head It.

And I'm still trying to fill the Kalos dex...
Jinxy
Finally got a good supply of Kee and Maranga berries flowing in, and using Amaze Mulch for every single plant

I'm the berry master

It's me

Trying the Battle Maison now with a gimmick team, hopefully I'll get a 200 streak and get the last 2 berries.

Team
Truant Durant @ Choice Scarf
Entrainment
3x Whatevers

Speed Boost Blaziken @ Leftovers
Hone Claws
Protect
Substitute
Baton Pass

Skill Link Cloyster @ Life Orb
Protect
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Razor Shell

Durant uses Entrainment to pass Truant, then Blaziken starts setting up on Truant turns and protecting on normal turns. Baton Passes boosts and a Substitute to Cloyster who proceeds to destroy everything with 125BP Icicle Spear.
mm201
That only works because the AI never switches. Truant+Entrainment is too gimmicky for real life. Forcing a switch maybe once doesn't justify wasting a teamslot.

I have 5 stars on everything BUT endless puzzle. I have 8 puzzles completed but could probably get to 11 if I managed to avoid throwing my 3DS
Jinxy
Well yeah I'd be insane to try that shit outside of an AI match. Though it's faster to use a regular offensive team till maybe streak 20, then after that the AI full on cheats with Brightpowder and OHKO moves, so the boosts in Accuracy and Speed become very important.

Had some weird shit going on, though. My Durant was Quick-Claw Taunted and started to use Struggle when I clearly gave it an X-Scissor just in case annoying shit like that happened. (EDIT: NEVER MIND CHOICE SCARF HERP DERP)

I also had something weird happen in a random passerby battle. My Multiscale Dragonite got hit with a Stone Edge, but there was no Super-Effective sound and Weakness Policy didn't trigger. The next turn, I left it in because I got really confused and stuff and sure enough, Stone Edge was used again and this time it Super-Effective KOs Dragonite. What the hell?
mm201
I guess Focus Sash > Scarf if stupid shit like that happens.
Professor Prinny
Since you guys are raging about my score. I'll place my methods here to explain how I finished each puzzle quickly (As requested by Blazevoir).
Sorry if I'm not clear on what I mean and sorry about my camera quality... :cry:

Professor Prinny's Tile Puzzle Guide to 5* Unlimited (Warning! This is probably going to be long.)

Read me first!
First off I suggest setting yourself targets on how fast you clear each puzzle.

Some good targets are:
- Small: 10 seconds
- Medium: 25 - 30 seconds
- Large: 50 seconds

I recommend practicing those times before going into unlimited and after reading the stuff below.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next off, what techniques did I use to save time?
Well:
Step 1
Make sure the two tile pieces you switch over both snap in place when you swap them, if they don't then swap them back as it takes too long putting each piece in the right place one at a time. (Every 2 pieces snapped in the correct places = +1 second)
Step 2
The first moves you should make are the corners, and sides that are the easiest to sort out. What's the easiest to sort out first?
Well lets take a look at this example from a medium puzzle:

Take a look where each of the corners are and put them in the right places quickly.

Now with those out of the way we have 8 pieces in place and a guide on where to put some of the side pieces.
Step 3
Now we look at the side pieces with borders.

The fact that those pieces are even on the wrong side (or same side but wrong place) mean they have been swapped with another side piece (reducing the number of places it can go)!
Now look at which side the borders are on the tile and swap them with the piece that has a border to go where the piece you selected was from.

This will help us in placing the border pieces that are in the middle.
Step 4
Next we deal with the border tiles in the middle.

As you can see there are 3 pieces that we definitely know the spots for so lets fill those in.

Now we have 3 border pieces left. This time you should either analyze the colour of the border and the background or Pokemon.

Once you have an idea on where the pieces go, swap them accordingly (Step 1 applies here too).

Step 5
We're almost done! And only the middle ones to contend with and some time to spare!

This last part requires you again to analyze the background or Pokemon.
In some cases it will be easy and others not but in this case it's easy!

And there you have it everyone! The techniques I used to quickly finish the puzzles. All of the above also apply to small and large puzzles.

I know this is confusing but this is probably the best I can explain.
Hope it made some of you guys a lot faster and again this is dependent on your speed.

Stuff to note:
- Take your time analyzing the pieces. It's better than randomly swapping the tiles.

- Small and Medium puzzles are the only times you can get more time than you spent on the actual puzzle (Large also if you're ridiculously fast).

- (Medium and Large) When the picture zooms in on one of your Pokemon while you are on step 2-4 and you can tell which middle pieces can snap where then do that quickly before they zoom out to save time on step 5. When it does zoom out, return to what step you were on.

- (Large) I recommend you have over a minute on the clock.

If you guys have any questions just ask.

Edit: still got a lot of proofreading to do. Also if you guys find any errors please let me know.
Changes
06/11/2013 - Images re-uploaded to imgur
NotEvenDoomMusic
Professor Prinny, hats off- that's one dedication to help the people here understand those puzzle games.
I mean, i soon figured out myself one technique and that is remembering 3 tiles of a specific bodypart of those 3 pokemon and then move them immediately when i can move the pieces.

Another thing i approach puzzles is to locate edge pieces, e.g.: if a puzzle piece belongs to the upper edge and the counterpart is located on somewhere on the side edge, kinda made it for me easier to spot the 2 right ones always.

The expert puzzles feels a bit like memory with open cards.

So yeah-
Really helpful information you've put up there.
I mean, i haven't read them yet tbh but i've been hovering through every spoilerbox and have to admit that it looks visually very organized.

+1 Prinny.
Thank you for your work.
Which reminds me... i should really write a reply with all tips & tricks that scattered across the X & Y thread as i mentioned it several pages back.
Professor Prinny

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Professor Prinny, hats off- that's one dedication to help the people here understand those puzzle games.
I mean, i soon figured out myself one technique and that is remembering 3 tiles of a specific bodypart of those 3 pokemon and then move them immediately when i can move the pieces.

Another thing i approach puzzles is to locate edge pieces, e.g.: if a puzzle piece belongs to the upper edge and the counterpart is located on somewhere on the side edge, kinda made it for me easier to spot the 2 right ones always.

The expert puzzles feels a bit like memory with open cards.

So yeah-
Really helpful information you've put up there.
I mean, i haven't read them yet tbh but i've been hovering through every spoilerbox and have to admit that it looks visually very organized.

+1 Prinny.
Thanks but if you find any mistakes please let me know.
NotEvenDoomMusic
Will do, also, do you mind uploading your images on something like imgur.com?
Since you know that puush sometimes has downtimes and some images wont last long/takes a long time to load.

PS: the estimated time to finish the 3 difficulties are right on spot, as soon as i start playing the puzzle game more frequently the average time i finish expert always was around 50 seconds, though, i can finish them at 35~ seconds now which is a huge improvement.

EDIT: just read through your guide and i don't have any complaints about the words and the way you chose to describe each process, as i could understand each layer just fine, especially with the support of the images that you've attached to each process which helped clearing out questions like "which part?", "where?" etc.

Though, the whole guide was more oriented on the medium difficulty but the basic method works on hard too.
Professor Prinny

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Though, the whole guide was more oriented on the medium difficulty but the basic method works on hard too.
Hmm I put that information on the bottom of step 5. I should probably move it outside the boxes.
Neroh
Thanks for the post Prinny, a lot of people will find this useful. I used this method myself when training my Eevee to evolve into a Sylveon. I also found that planning a mental path for your first few moves before the puzzle starts helps a lot, so like finding the corners and being able to move them into place within a seconds of it starting. I noticed that the more and more I did the puzzles the faster I got at them, goes to show it takes patience, as when I tried the hardest for the first time I thought it was impossible. Now I can do them easily.
0_o
DAMN IT

I spent hours breeding and raising an awesome support Miltank, only to learn that Stealth Rock is, in fact, not a TM this gen, nor are there move tutors who teach it to her :(

Looks like I'll have to make it more offensive...

oh well

But yeah. Considering Sap Sipper Goodra over Gooey now.. I'm going nuts trying to decide between the two.
Norbi

0_o wrote:

But yeah. Considering Sap Sipper Goodra over Gooey now.. I'm going nuts trying to decide between the two.
That totally depends on the team you're going to use it in, if you ask me. Although I would totally make a Gooey one, it's more useful.

Also, anyone has a spare Jolly Ditto? I just couldn't get one yet. And maybe a Taillow/Swellow if that's possible to get.
Falapalagas
I have the spare jolly ditto, I'll give it to you for pretty much anything.
Jinxy

mm201 wrote:

I guess Focus Sash > Scarf if stupid shit like that happens.
Getting outsped by a Taunter would suck though

But I have no idea if this gimmick even works all the way to 200, Roar is a pain in the ass and it bypasses Protect. Might switch out Blaziken and use a Prankster Taunter just to make sure Entrainment doesn't get blocked, and a Swords Dance Mega Scizor with Bullet Punch for the sweeper.
NaomiMinette
Falapalagas, I hope you can trade by the time you read this x.x
mm201
I wonder what the blue pentagon in the stat screen means. If I had to guess, I'd say it represents the region the Pokémon was caught in, and we'll start seeing more symbols once Bank goes up.
show more