forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jinxy
I think that + Cherish Ball do not pass down, ever.
Shirotaku

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

Anyone have a Fletchinder/Talonflame with the ability Gale Wings they'd be willing to trade?
I can breed my Fletching with Gale Wings if you want :3
Just give me a bit of time to breed it once i'm home :D
Azure_Kite
Well, we've only had one pokemon in a cherish ball, and it's male. From what I can tell the pokeball that gets passed down is from the mother, so...

I suppose it's something we could test out, given time and spare Master Balls :P
PROGUY

Shirotaku wrote:

My friend's safari has Growlithe, if you want one i can catch one for you and trade it :D
Also Ninetails and Slugma :3
I would like a Growlithe and a Vulpix please :D

I can give you Jinxy's Munchlax or something else if you like.
_Remi

Shirotaku wrote:

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

Anyone have a Fletchinder/Talonflame with the ability Gale Wings they'd be willing to trade?
I can breed my Fletching with Gale Wings if you want :3
Just give me a bit of time to breed it once i'm home :D
Thanks, I'd really appreciate that. I want to use it as my lead. :)
NaomiMinette

Shirotaku wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

Wuuuuuuuuut. How'd someone get ahold of Growlithe, then? o.0
My friend's safari has Growlithe, if you want one i can catch one for you and trade it :D
Though I do want Growlithe (Hidden Ability NOT preferred) and Ninetales (Hidden Ability needed), I don't think I have anything to trade back in return... After I completed all the Kalos Pokédexes, I've pretty much stopped playing...
Shirotaku

PROGUY wrote:

Shirotaku wrote:

I would like a Growlithe and a Vulpix please :D

I can give you Jinxy's Munchlax or something else if you like.
Sure just let me catch some first, my 3ds is still charging
I have ninetails tho, not vulpix ><

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

No prob :3
What nature you want it to be? Adamant ?

Blazevoir wrote:

Though I do want Growlithe (Hidden Ability NOT preferred) and Ninetales (Hidden Ability needed), I don't think I have anything to trade back in return... After I completed all the Kalos Pokédexes, I've pretty much stopped playing...
I can get them both just not sure about the Hidden Ability thing orz
NaomiMinette

Shirotaku wrote:

I can get them both just not sure about the Hidden Ability thing orz
Just catch your friend online and connected in-game and it won't be a problem :P But, umm... Do you want anything specific in return?
Falapalagas
If you absolutely need a vulpix/ninetales with drought, I either have one lying around or I can just go breed one.
NaomiMinette

Falapalagas wrote:

If you absolutely need a vulpix/ninetales with drought, I either have one lying around or I can just go breed one.
Whoever answers me back first, I guess. (Though my "what do you want in return" question still applies.)
Falapalagas

Blazevoir wrote:

Falapalagas wrote:

Whoever answers me back first, I guess. (Though my "what do you want in return" question still applies.)
Female skrelp in a dive ball.
NaomiMinette
Alright. Hopefully I'll be able to get ahold of you more easily before it ends up like last time :P
0_o
If anyone has access to a Gooey Slugoo safari, I'd trade a Gale Wings Fletchinder for it.

Or something else, we can talk.

And apparently I suck at seeing all the the columns in the spreadsheet. 3DS name = James.
Shirotaku

Blazevoir wrote:

Falapalagas wrote:

Well probably just a good iv ditto if you have it, either way if you pm me in game i'll trade you ...

currently ev training my Volcarona atm but you can pm me in game anytime
Ekaru

0_o wrote:

If anyone has access to a Gooey Slugoo safari, I'd trade a Gale Wings Fletchinder for it.

And apparently I suck at seeing all the the columns in the spreadsheet. 3DS name = James.
I can give you a decent Gooey Goomy.
Professor Prinny
Anyone have a Pokemon with Synchronize and an Adamant nature they wouldn't mind trading me?
Of course state what you want in return too. (I don't have anything special mind you).
NaomiMinette

Professor Prinny wrote:

Anyone have a Pokemon with Synchronize and an Adamant nature they wouldn't mind trading me?
Of course state what you want in return too. (I don't have anything special mind you).
I can go breed one real quick, though there isn't anything I want at the moment (other than the two Pokémon I said earlier, but I'm already waiting on two people).
Professor Prinny

Blazevoir wrote:

Professor Prinny wrote:

I can go breed one real quick, though there isn't anything I want at the moment (other than the two Pokémon I said earlier, but I'm already waiting on two people).
Thanks for that! I'll just give you whatever I guess. x_x
NaomiMinette
Uhh... whoops... Sorry, got distracted. I'll work on that now >_< And done~
0_o

Ekaru wrote:

0_o wrote:

I can give you a decent Gooey Goomy.
Awesome ^_^ Did you want the Fletchinder, or is there anything else you'd be interested in?

(If you want we can chat via pm)
_Remi

Shirotaku wrote:

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

No prob :3
What nature you want it to be? Adamant ?
Yep, preferably Adamant.
Hika
Anyone care to tell me how the game is so far? I still don't have a 3DS so I can't exactly play it... ;~;
All I can say is that Professor Sycamore is a hot piece of man. His name is so dashing. <3
Trash Boat

Hika wrote:

All I can say is that Professor Sycamore is a hot piece of man. His name is so dashing. <3
what the....
Hika

battler077 wrote:

Hika wrote:

what the....
you're not very fond of the term 'fangirling'
NotEvenDoomMusic

Hika wrote:

Anyone care to tell me how the game is so far? I still don't have a 3DS so I can't exactly play it... ;~;
Game's been pretty good, it lifts up a lot in terms of interactive ways to keep yourself busy with your pokemammis compared to SW2.
Professor Sycamore doesn't do a lot of professor work as far as the story goes, he's just the walking sexmachine in need to create a plot out of scratch.

Oh, controlls are very smooth if you care about that and it's been done well that you can walk/run with the D-Pad and get on your rollerblades on the analog one.

If you have the luck, maybe you can win a 3DS in some crazy ass lottery nearby your town.
Any than that, ask what you want to know, i think people here can help you with anything regarding everything.
Just gave a little summary of sycamore and stuff.

On the other note, i'm surprised to see you here... at all places
Rorona

Hika wrote:

It's amazing, I wouldn't recommend buying it. It's too addiciting :o

Hika wrote:

His name IS amazing to say. >x<

Warning: Spoilers and Rants
I do have something to say about the characters though. In the game, it doesn't feel like any of the characters are really easy to connect to, excluding the character that you made yourself, because of course, it's a Pokemon game. None of the characters in the game feel really fleshed out, and all are really negligible to the plot, even the leader of Team Flare, who is just there. All of the characters are there. You don't really feel aggrivated by the main antagonist, you don't really feel like any of the characters could ever stop you. This IS partly because the game is made incredibly easy because of the EXP share, but it's not completely because of it. You don't quite feel like your rival is another Gary Oak, of sorts, because they're always one step behind.

In the first two generations of Pokemon Games, the main "Rivals", who will be referred to as Gary and Silver, are characters that you end up disliking, because they're always that one step ahead, and they're always snobbish to you. In this game, where the rivals are your friends, who are always impressed with you, always one step behind, and always nice to you, they don't quite feel like rivals. Yes, the Rival can be pretty lame, with how they always ditch you and your friends to get better, but in the end, they're still your friend, and because of that, they don't feel like Rivals. They also don't appear at regular intervals of the game, causing them to be less fleshed out than they could be. Gary and Silver are incredibly good rivals, because they actually feel like rivals. Beating them in those games as a child were amazing, and I felt like they were astonished by how they got crushed by someone "worse" than them, but in these games, beating the rivals at really random intervals was...meh. While I understand Nintendo's decision of making the characters nicer to you was a good one, because children are playing the game, I don't really feel like the rivals in this game were of any use at all. You didn't need them, they never really helped you ever.

Moving on to the main antagonizing team of this game, Team Flare, I didn't really feel like they were of any impact. They were there, they were kind of mean, which is pushing it, and even the leader, Lysandre is such a boring character. He acts nice to you and your friends. He shouldn't be the enemy of mankind, he feels like a character who wouldn't dare do anything such as that. When you meet him, it's obvious that he's going to be the leader of the enemy team, just because of his attire, but the way he acts isn't how the leader of an evil organization trying to destroy the world, he acts more like a freaking hipster. Everyone in team flare is a hipster. The fact that they act nice to you, have ridiculous fashion sense, all have the same hairstyle and pose, they don't act like a criminal gang, like Team Rocket did, or even Team Galactic from Generation 4 did. They don't push you around, they don't rob people's houses and get mad at you for chasing them, they don't trick you, they kind of take over a power plant and decide to kindly leave, which is ridiculous for an evil organization.

Also, the champion isn't fleshed out at all. You meet her twice, and she's like HEYY I'M THE CHAMP SUP. Steven Stone was more interesting than her, and he was a guy who only liked rocks.
Hika

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

On the other note, i'm surprised to see you here... at all places
I'm questioning this because I don't know how to take it.
Well I do have a question for everyone in this thread: compared to generation V, which is better?

Rorona wrote:

Also, the champion isn't fleshed out at all. You meet her twice, and she's like HEYY I'M THE CHAMP SUP. Steven Stone was more interesting than her, and he was a guy who only liked rocks.
dis rant
I think it's quite silly because I didn't want Pokémon X or Y in the first place, I was just really excited because I thought it would be something like Gen V or something. I mean, Steven Stone is technically the best champion (IN MY OPINION) because I feel like he connected with Brendan and May more than the other champions, excluding Blue because Blue has that enormous girth that you can't ignore.

I just feel like Pokémon should be a game where interaction between main characters are evident, or at least interaction between known characters that pop up throughout the story line. I just couldn't see that in Pokémon X and Y after hearing a few things about it from some classmates. The music doesn't sound interesting, the Pokémon just don't get to me this game and the fact they decided to put in a Fairy type sort of deal in the game just threw me off. I mean, not like I care anything but I didn't really like it...

Main thing I like about X and Y is the professor.. boy I could stare at him all day. I'm pretty sure he doesn't pop up much though. The rival still seems more friendly than being an actual rival and stuff. Silver/Blue-like rival requested.

Still looking for those Hoenn remakes.. qq
NaomiMinette

Rorona wrote:

Warning: Spoilers and Rants
I do have something to say about the characters though. In the game, it doesn't feel like any of the characters are really easy to connect to, excluding the character that you made yourself, because of course, it's a Pokemon game. None of the characters in the game feel really fleshed out, and all are really negligible to the plot, even the leader of Team Flare, who is just there. All of the characters are there. You don't really feel aggrivated by the main antagonist, you don't really feel like any of the characters could ever stop you. This IS partly because the game is made incredibly easy because of the EXP share, but it's not completely because of it. You don't quite feel like your rival is another Gary Oak, of sorts, because they're always one step behind.

In the first two generations of Pokemon Games, the main "Rivals", who will be referred to as Gary and Silver, are characters that you end up disliking, because they're always that one step ahead, and they're always snobbish to you. In this game, where the rivals are your friends, who are always impressed with you, always one step behind, and always nice to you, they don't quite feel like rivals. Yes, the Rival can be pretty lame, with how they always ditch you and your friends to get better, but in the end, they're still your friend, and because of that, they don't feel like Rivals. They also don't appear at regular intervals of the game, causing them to be less fleshed out than they could be. Gary and Silver are incredibly good rivals, because they actually feel like rivals. Beating them in those games as a child were amazing, and I felt like they were astonished by how they got crushed by someone "worse" than them, but in these games, beating the rivals at really random intervals was...meh. While I understand Nintendo's decision of making the characters nicer to you was a good one, because children are playing the game, I don't really feel like the rivals in this game were of any use at all. You didn't need them, they never really helped you ever.

Moving on to the main antagonizing team of this game, Team Flare, I didn't really feel like they were of any impact. They were there, they were kind of mean, which is pushing it, and even the leader, Lysandre is such a boring character. He acts nice to you and your friends. He shouldn't be the enemy of mankind, he feels like a character who wouldn't dare do anything such as that. When you meet him, it's obvious that he's going to be the leader of the enemy team, just because of his attire, but the way he acts isn't how the leader of an evil organization trying to destroy the world, he acts more like a freaking hipster. Everyone in team flare is a hipster. The fact that they act nice to you, have ridiculous fashion sense, all have the same hairstyle and pose, they don't act like a criminal gang, like Team Rocket did, or even Team Galactic from Generation 4 did. They don't push you around, they don't rob people's houses and get mad at you for chasing them, they don't trick you, they kind of take over a power plant and decide to kindly leave, which is ridiculous for an evil organization.

All, my, this. Nintendo, if you plan on making Pokémon Z or whatever, FIX ALL OF THIS!!!
Trash Boat
here's my thoughts about why Nintendo is not making Pokémon Z: 1-Despite Xerneas and Yveltal, Zygarde doesn't fit on the word Z. its anatomy resembles more like a S instead of Z. 2-if they would, they will have to pick an opposite color of Zygarde, like yellow, to balance by creating a 4th title. Black, White and Grey could have fit very well, but not Red, Blue and Green without yellow
Jinxy

battler077 wrote:

its anatomy resembles more like a S instead of Z.
i cant tell if youre even serious any more
Trash Boat
actually, forget that. im checking again the picture, but still can't figure out how it will fit into a Z
mm201
So I beat the E4 last Saturday.
Thanks for the 86-page spoiler thread.
Azure_Kite
87 now :P
Shirotaku
Sorry for taking so long Loli, i been quite busy to breed but i manage to get a Fletching with Gale Wings
in fact i got 2 so i got 1 free if anyone wants an adamant Fletching with Gale wings

Also for Proguys i got the growlithe so just pm trade me in game if im online to get it ...
Rorona

Shirotaku wrote:

in fact i got 2 so i got 1 free if anyone wants an adamant Fletching with Gale wings
wow I want that gale wings.

It sounds like it'd be incredibly good.
NaomiMinette

battler077 wrote:

here's my thoughts about why Nintendo is not making Pokémon Z: 1-Despite Xerneas and Yveltal, Zygarde doesn't fit on the word Z. its anatomy resembles more like a S instead of Z. 2-if they would, they will have to pick an opposite color of Zygarde, like yellow, to balance by creating a 4th title. Black, White and Grey could have fit very well, but not Red, Blue and Green without yellow
Since you probably haven't even checked Zygarde's total base stats, I'll go ahead and mention this now: they're actually pretty low for a Legendary, so there could be something like it having another Forme similar to Giratina or Kyurem to fix that.
Soaprman

battler077 wrote:

Honestly I don't get the other two either. They should have called the games Pokémon h and Pokémon T if you ask me.

And the yellow counterpart to Emerald is coming, too. The Hoenn remakes are real, everyone.
Rorona

Soaprman wrote:

And the yellow counterpart to Emerald is coming, too. The Hoenn remakes are real, everyone.
my money is ready <3
NaomiMinette
Okay, just waiting on Falapalagas now.

Thanks again, Shirotaku :)
Professor Prinny
To think such a thing would ever be a highlight in my Pokemon career...
show more