forum

[Archived] Osu Freezes After I Press The "Osu!" Button

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CarlyRose
Osu! was working perfectly fine a while ago, but then it suddenly stopped working. By that, I mean that once I open Osu!, reach the initial screen and press the "Osu!" button, the screen just freezes. However, if I move my mouse, I can hear the little sound effects Osu! makes when the cursor is moved over the buttons (Play, Edit, Options, Exit, etc.) I didn't really download anything or do anything new before this problem started occurring, so I'm not really sure how to fix it. I Googled this topic and found no answers to how I should fix it, but maybe I missed something, so sorry if this was already posted.

Oh, also, this problem started happening after an update, though I'm not sure which one.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has an answer.

P.S. I've tried re-installing Osu! already, and it didn't help. I'm using Windows 8, by the way.

Edit: Ah, I logged on today and it was fixed! c:
Well, actually, I saw this post: t/163716
And did what MillhioreF said, and just set the frame limiter to unlimited (gameplay) and the renderer to DirectX (I had it on OpenGL since it got laggy after a while, it's better now though!)
Or maybe ppy had just fixed it somehow.
Anyways it's working fine now! ^^

Note: Actually, it wasn't just when I pressed the "Osu!" button, it was pretty much the first click anywhere.
Rorona
Are you on Windows 8.1 and updated recently?

There seem to be a number of bugs related to Windows 8.1 both in osu! and in other games.
Topic Starter
CarlyRose

Rorona wrote:

Are you on Windows 8.1 and updated recently?

There seem to be a number of bugs related to Windows 8.1 both in osu! and in other games.
Yes, actually. I am on Windows 8.1 and updated not too long ago.