Fixed.
SPOILER
After talk a bit with Metro..
Sonny B
God save the corgis `;-;'
Nyari
hail jesus
Metro
Hahaha great banner. I don't think it's better than UK's, they're at the same lvl :).
Musty

it explains a bit France.
-Ryosuke

Musty wrote:

this was awkward to watch, also do we know when the live drawing will take place? I can't wait to see the pools xD
jesse1412

-Kamui- wrote:

Musty wrote:

this was awkward to watch, also do we know when the live drawing will take place? I can't wait to see the pools xD
Yeah I want to know the 3 teams that I get to crush first.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Sorry for being late. Drawings will be on 16.00 (4pm) UTC+0 on http://www.twitch.tv/osulive
Same channel will be used to broadcast all streamed matches, so feel free to subscribe in advance!
Sushimuffin

Loctav wrote:

Sorry for being late. Drawings will be on 16.00 (4pm) UTC+0 on http://www.twitch.tv/osulive
Same channel will be used to broadcast all streamed matches, so feel free to subscribe in advance!
What's your reason for not using the old http://www.twitch.tv/osuworldcup channel? If I recall correctly the channel got partnered last year which means that we would have transcodings for the livestream. We could have a high quality stream and people with a bad connections could use the transcodings, which the new channel wouldn't have (unless you talked with the Twitch staff beforehand and get things sorted). And the channel has already 2.7k followers. Why begin anew, If I may ask?
Topic Starter
Loctav
We will broadcast all world cups on the same channel. Also we might use the channel for other events in future.

Oh yes, yet again:

Drawings are on 16:00 UTC+0, 31 Oct 2013. That's in approx. 12 hours.
Scarth
Pardon me, but where has the subforum for the World Cup gone? I can't seem to find it. Also, is there anyplace I can view the players for each country?
Souko

Scarth wrote:

Also, is there anyplace I can view the players for each country?
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_2013
Musty
Btw, that's not really owc-related but why are there still no 1on1 world cups? :( it could be awesome :'()
Cyclohexane
Then organise one yourself.

Oh wait, that might be a bad idea.
Icyteru
Because you'd have the top player of each region competing but that doesnt represent their country. Otherwise, you'd have a tournament with top 10 in tp list competing to be the winner, when the only true winner is the one that is obviously the better player.
Wishy
Because we already know who's gonna win.
Musty

Mr Color wrote:

Then organise one yourself.

Oh wait, that might be a bad idea.
Yep

[AirCoN] wrote:

Because you'd have the top player of each region competing but that doesnt represent their country. Otherwise, you'd have a tournament with top 10 in tp list competing to be the winner, when the only true winner is the one that is obviously the better player.
Didn't said that it should represent a country.
top10 in tp =/= best liveplay players.
But well..
Hiryuu_old
TP is just another farming game as PP is.
AmaiHachimitsu
The difference is that you need some skill for TP, otherwise it's the same.

Generally, some guys don't get the thing behind rankings.

Ranking IS to be gained through hard work, it should be like farming with the difference that you shouldn't be rewarded for easy scores. It takes a lot of time till the ranking actually shows who is in the top.

For the ranking to be "real", most top players should do their best as to achieve the highest rank possible and IT WOULD HAVE happened if it hadn't been for unfair pp system which discourages many players since it won't show your skill in any way.

I may be called TP farmer (and to some extent, I am) but you can just put me out by doing similar/better scores on those richly-rewarding maps and the problem will disappear since TP rank's difficulty calc is pretty good in my opinion. If you don't/can't beat me there, just stop whining about tp farming, you suck or you are too lazy.
Hiryuu_old
For the ranking to be "real", most top players should do their best as to achieve the highest rank possible and IT WOULD HAVE happened if it hadn't been for unfair pp system which discourages many players since it won't show your skill in any way.
Couldn't agree more with you on that.

If you don't/can't beat me there, just stop whining about tp farming, you suck or you are too lazy.
Someone is getting a bit cocky now..You're not an iconic character who I should look up to by being able to be good in TP farming.
Metro

ShinseinaTenshi wrote:

The difference is that tp uses beatmap difficulty vs. pp's beatmap popularity. It's the most accurate ranking that we have and looking at ppv2 attempts it will always be.
Zare

Loctav wrote:

just saying "subscribe" is the wrong term, you meant "follow". On twitch, subscribers pay monthly to get some extra bonuses on the channels they subbed and to support the streamer.

Also I agree, you should really try to partner this new channel so people with worse connections are also able to watch the streams with no problem. Actually if you're lucky I could try and contact an an admin, I know people who know one x:
Doing that osu! could even earn some money in the process.
AmaiHachimitsu
Someone is getting a bit cocky now..You're not an iconic character who I should look up to by being able to be good in TP farming.
1. I haven't said it to you in particular, many people think that TP is just another FarmVille and the message is dedicated to all who condemn my hard work.
2. I used myself as an example, since I find my TP best perfs being theoretically the easiest ones and I may be exposed to a wave of critical comments about farming.
3. I'm an iconic character since I'm the best and I have a fanpage on facebook. Not to mention I'm beloved for being humble.

Quote from my #spectator
dude your terrible
fartownik
I guess you should stick to the topic.
AmaiHachimitsu
I guess you should stick to the topic.

Yes

Where's our banner?
Sy[K]es
Oh dear, seems like I missed.. Well, missed a lot.
Metro
AmaiHachimitsu you've been very cocky throughout the whole thread. I hope you live up to your cockiness and deliver a great first performance in owc.
-Ryosuke
Alright, now, nothing can stop France.
Metro

-Kamui- wrote:

Alright, now, nothing can stop France.
Haha nice. But I'd add Zidane's headbutt.
AmaiHachimitsu
AmaiHachimitsu you've been very cocky throughout the whole thread. I hope you live up to your cockiness and deliver a great first performance in owc.
You made me read through all the pages. And I think I've been trolled bc of that.

+10
Synchrostar

i guess NL is going 1-3 max if we somehow manage to win vs singapore.
Nashmun
You still have time to surrender, Korea.
jesse1412
RIP Japan. UK gonna ruin you.
rEdo

jesus1412 wrote:

#trust

editing for farto cuz he tests sth
fabriciorby

Synchrostar wrote:

i guess NL is going 1-3 max if we somehow manage to win vs singapore.
BRASIL
dkun

jesus1412 wrote:

#faith
AmaiHachimitsu
Kamui show them

Edit: I'm sad they didn't mention Farto who is the best now in PL
Hiryuu_old
GL to everyone!
Kim Ryu

ShinseinaTenshi wrote: