posted
Total Posts
show more
-Ryosuke

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

but SC2 is okay?
He plays PSO2 for now lol
AmaiHachimitsu
So I don't think that is healthy for one's sight.

@edit:

Concerning prizes:

#1: 6 month supporter tag, profile badge, OWC trophy
So that means only the captain will have some memento and the rest of the team is to be satisfied by the picture? : D
Almost

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Quote:
#1: 6 month supporter tag, profile badge, OWC trophy

So that means only the captain will have some memento and the rest of the team is to be satisfied by the picture? : D
They could always share :3
Cyclohexane
I think the best compromise is that all teams that reach the semifinals in OWC get a BYE for the next edition, it would at least ensure a spot for the cream of the crop.
CXu

Toroguythingymajig wrote:

Vietnam's slot has been replaced by China, because according to Loctav, we were a bit late in registering. Oh well, good luck to China!
Uh, does this mean that China registered before Vietnam, or that both teams registered "after deadline"
Topic Starter
Loctav
I am talking about future. In this owc, no one got reserved slots

@Cxu it was a close race at the end. Due to an internal error, the Chinese sign-up disappeared but the revision history restored it. Figuring that out, China was like the 31st registree. (People should stop submitting their registration 15 times >_____>)
Vietnam was the 34th or something

@Amai everyone would get the trophy. Not only the captain, lol

@JappyBabes internal issues require it. If I don't shorten it, we will run out of time when releasing the schedules and then the cry out is even bigger.
The workload on certain things resulted in being higher than expected. We just need the definite rosters earlier. Most teams were able to arrange it (29/32 so far), so I think you can, too. I believe in you ;)
ErunamoJAZZ

me3lingual wrote:

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

What yes it is most important is that it gives early warning before the registration dates. So big countries may make the choice of their best players, and not what we saw happen: Many countries waited until the weekend to send the registration, because of their internal competitions.
I am probably pointing out the obvious, but the tournament season was announced two months ago, though no exact date was declared.

osu! World Cup #4
Registration Phase: Mid - End of October 2013
Group Stage and Robin Round Stages: November 2013
Finals: Begin of December 2013
The teams had a rough idea as to when they would happen. So each individual country had plenty of time to determine who were represent them.
You are right. However, I refer to a public announcement a week earlier. Generally nobody is going to move until there is a public announcement, and a date.
Topic Starter
Loctav
If you didn't prepare in advance, it's actually your own fault imo :(
You don't need a date to preset your country's team
Zare
honestly in order to reserve a spot you don't even need a prepared team. Might as well just pick 4 you know who will participate to get the spot. You can replace and add new players afterwards, can't you?
Oinari-sama
How about adding a Pre-Group Stage Try Out?

In order to keep it short, the Try Out will be Score based battle royal. The management can select a set of maps to test various types of skills and each team is required to play every maps in the pool. The Total Score of each team will be compared per map and given a Ranking Point. The teams will be ranked based on their total Ranking Points after completing the map pool.

The calculation of Ranking Points (rp) depends on the tournament management's system of choice and how much weighting they choose to put on a team's finish position. A very crude and simple example of Ranking Points is given below:
  1. 1st: +5 Ranking Points
  2. 2nd/3rd: +4
  3. 4th-10th: +3
  4. 11th-15th: +2
  5. 16th-25th: +1
  6. 26th and beyond: +0
This allows the Try Out to take place over a short time period (eg a weekend), since all you need is the team + a ref in each room to record the scores and there can be simultaneous try outs going at the same time. The rest are handled by spreadsheets.

The top 8 teams from the previous OWC can be seeded into the Group Stage so there will be 1 seeded team in each group + 3 teams through the Try Out.

Just a thought...
Imamoto
How about a tournament system ingame via osu! for the future OWC's. It could also be used for smaller tournaments between the OWC's. I think this would be a very good idea ^-^ You could organize every tournament ingame and i guess the competition value of this game would rise incredibly.
Wishy
I love empty idealistic suggestions, can't get more worthless. <3
buny
let's use pp as a viable way to determine skill levels
Imamoto
It was just a suggestion, im not a programmer ;)
fartownik

buny wrote:

let's use pp as a viable way to determine skill levels
XD
Oinari-sama
Might as well !roll for the winner =.=
AmaiHachimitsu
When will #cow be opened for talking?
Noriko

Oinari-sama wrote:

Might as well !roll for the winner =.=
That would be quite fair actually
Topic Starter
Loctav

Loctav wrote:

Please keep in mind that everything that involves manual organized matches are not working, since they can not be organized.
I wonder if people read :C

@Noriko eeeh

@AmaiHachimitsu we'll see. OWC didn't start yet. No need to open it for now. Also it will be way more moderated, so you should quit your moo'ing there - else we will only have it during matches.
Noriko
To bring the "world" back to osu! World Cup, I have thought of a way of ensuring there is less drama about the participating countries. tl;dr but please read before bringing out your bazookas. It's just an idea.

I know this requires even more organizing, but I think it would be fair if the world was divided into more or less equally-numbered groups, like Africa and Europe etc. In those groups, all of the countries listed in the group (which means all of the country communities in osu! would be placed in a group based on the geographical and national setting) can present their team if they want to, and in every group there would be a mini-tournament from where the best countries would proceed to the OWC, making up 32 participants. This way, each and every country, be they really small and weak or really huge and skilled, would have the chance to play for a slot in the OWC and there would not (hopefully) be a case where people would complain because this or that country didn't even get a chance. There would be universal guidelines that would apply to each group, and as there would of course be the main tournament management, a group manager for each group would be assigned to be responsible for the success of the mini-tournament. That would divide workload between the tournament management overall and it would in my opinion be easier for everyone, both the staff and the players, to handle this tournament... The mini-tournaments could be held, let's say, in mid-August or September, this would leave people enough time to practice and the management to organize.
Omgforz
Do you actually have to send in the form a second time for a roster update, or does the pm suffice?

Because the changes haven't been applied yet, or is it just because the tournament staff is busy?
AmaiHachimitsu
Noriko this idea has been suggested in this thread already and he reply was "too much work for us"
Topic Starter
Loctav

Omgforz wrote:

Do you actually have to send in the form a second time for a roster update, or does the pm suffice?

Because the changes haven't been applied yet, or is it just because the tournament staff is busy?
Changes will be applied from tomorrow on.
Noriko

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Noriko this idea has been suggested in this thread already and he reply was "too much work for us"
It's called asking for help, everything doesn't have to be done by one or three people or how many there is working on the well-being of the tournament. It won't ensure the effectiveness of things, it will just make them more complicated. If the staff only considered this, it'd be wonderful.
Salvage

Loctav wrote:

I am actually thinking about reserving a slot for all countries that made it into the knock-out stage of the previous OWC. Means that everyone that ascends to knock-out stage has a reserved slot for the next years OWC.
Rest is first come firdt serve or maybe another metric (depending on ppv2)

Drop your opinions please

Good idea, absolutelly agree with this one, the 16 teams in fact could be the seeded teams for the next owc, two on each group.

The qualification one is also pretty good but yeah, it's too much work.
FoxCat

Loctav wrote:

So that mean Venezuela WILL be playing with it full team or not? You haven't clear it yet and everyone in my team is worried :I
Noriko

-Pikachu- wrote:

Loctav wrote:

So that mean Venezuela WILL be playing with it full team or not? You haven't clear it yet and everyone in my team is worried :I
Let's wait a little longer and let the management wake up first. :) We'll probably learn this within today.
FoxCat
I guess so.
neonat
The Singapore team is rather new lols.
Topic Starter
Loctav

-Pikachu- wrote:

I guess so.
The message I sent you is yet absolute. Your team can play, the one person not.
Don't drag stuff like this here. I told you to exchange the one person. If you did, everything is fine.

Confirmations to every team will be sent out when their roster has been finalized internally. During this, we'll add people to the wiki page. Please be patient since it can take some time to finalize everything (soooo maaaaaany pms)
popner
I think 8 seeding countries is appropriate. 16 is half of the enrolled teams and 4 is too little to make a difference.

Edit: How about:
Seeding teams decided by the performance of teams in last 2 years:
Last year: +8(1st) +5(2nd) +3(3rd) +2 +1 +1 +1 +1
The year before last: +4(1st) +3(2nd) +2(3rd) +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

The 8 seeding teams will be divided into 8 different groups.
Cubex
I think this OWC will be a close and suspensefully race, there are many good teams. Luckily Germany turned into a powerful and consistent folk of players and got pretty strong. So this year, I exceptionally believe in our team. Good luck to every team tho! :3

Also, how will technical issues be managed? I mean, if for some reason, a players game crashes, lags or freezes? Will there be a repetition for the whole map?
Or will it be ignored and called ''misfortune''?

It's also nice to see that Flashlight will not be part of the played modifications, since it's consisting of studying and memorizing a map.
Topic Starter
Loctav
@Cubex everything is settled in the rules, please refer to them. And please quit the FL discussions and give it a chance. Opinions stay opinions. Tastes stay tastes.
Pizzicato

Loctav wrote:

Omgforz wrote:

soon™
Metro
Most boring owc thread ever.
Kanye West

Metro wrote:

Most boring owc thread ever.
It'll get fun when #cow opens.
AmaiHachimitsu
It will get fun after drawings, I guess.

ZzZzZzZ
Noriko

Pizzicato wrote:

Loctav wrote:

soon™
soon™
Topic Starter
Loctav
Rosters updated.
Aloha
Good luck everyone! \(^o^)/
show more