forum

How has osu! changed you?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Giralda
With a community like osu!, it is almost to no surprise that people will change after being here for a certain length of time.

People develop different habits, feelings, emotions, skills and they can learn different things about each other. Maybe you learned how to get better at playing osu!; maybe you learned to be a different person; maybe you learned how to use editor mode to make your own maps and to mod other people's maps; maybe you enjoy talking and connecting with different people from around the world and maybe there is that special someone in your mind that you want to keep by your side forever.

For myself, osu! helped me understand that while hard work is important, hard work alone is not enough. Making connections with different people and combining that with hard work is essential to success in the real world.

So how has osu! changed you?
TwentyOne21_old
For me, osu! teach me to always practice and do not give up when you can't finish a map or something else like mapping. Your hard work and practice is important thing. Remember to ask someone if need you help, there are always people will help you.

No need to rush yourself to be the best
Be patience and always practice~ :)
Ekaru
It's made me into a cynic.
AkemiVen
It taught me to have fun and not worry about being better than others, or feeling bad that I'm not the best.
deadbeat
i now make awesome maps in my head
then forget everything when i get back on osu! :(
Birdy
I tolerate weeaboos and Vocaloid way less than what I used to. Also I watch anime way less. And whenever I watch anime, I skip the openings and endings.
hinamizawan
It taught me that clicking circles is as normal as breathing.
Blaziken
I now get really depressed about everything, then forget about everything which I was depressed about when I play this fucking addictive piece of work.
_Color
I watch less anime now. :P
PearlescentMoon
I've been watching more anime as I discover them while playing Osu!mania. I love this as it makes the search for a new anime require less time! :D
I also must add that my hand eye coordination has improved? well, not only that, but I'm enjoying music even more than I used to!
I love osu! ^_^
Shimy
I see circles everywhere i go...
Varetyr

Giralda wrote:

For myself, osu! helped me understand that while hard work is important, hard work alone is not enough. Making connections with different people and combining that with hard work is essential to success in the real world. You also need some damn talent, too. For pretty much everything.
daredakke

Blaziken wrote:

I now get really depressed about everything, then forget about everything which I was depressed about when I play this fucking addictive piece of work.
I'm pretty much the same way.

At least it shows that practice will make one better. If only I could apply that to something else, like drawing or playing a musical instrument.
Mikasa Ackerman
Bring me more good songs,that's it.
Rio-

_Color wrote:

I watch less anime now. :P
Oh Yeah... Same as this :P
Hello Skitty
i`m 50% more asocial than before and my studies have gotten even worse
Tiisa
I play ctb in my head when I hear music.
Topic Starter
Giralda

Varetyr wrote:

Giralda wrote:

For myself, osu! helped me understand that while hard work is important, hard work alone is not enough. Making connections with different people and combining that with hard work is essential to success in the real world. You also need some damn talent, too. For pretty much everything.
Yes, I agree with you on that 100%
Chung
At first I had nightmares about being swarmed by low acc hits and oibon jumps but now I just click circles
lKeira
I play taiko in my head with any song I hear, and now I play less League of legends...
Topic Starter
Giralda

lKeira wrote:

and now I play less League of legends...
all planned.
Wander Away
"How to get faster with tapping?"
"Practice."
"People can get #3 on Big Black with 4pc, when can I read that AR?"
"Practice."
"How to get better at Osu!?"
"Practice."
"I've been playing Osu! for xx years, but I still suck, what should I do?"
"Practice."
"I can't FC this darn map!"
"Practice."
"I can't beat this gawddayum map!"
"Practice."
Practice.
[vanilla]
I've got now a reason to stay at home - 'cause I don't wanna see all the shitheads outside...

Love the world. ~ <3
Trust
It's taught me that you can never match a dollar value to how much a game will entertain you. osu! is definitely one of the most enjoyable online experiences I've had in a long while without even needing to spend a dime to play. (of course though I still like to contribute as a supporter)

Also through osu! I've learned some basic music theory,

and that Giralda can see into the future.
all planned.
Topic Starter
Giralda

Trust wrote:

and that Giralda can see into the future.
all planned.
Oh crap.
I've been found out.
brb hiding in secret cave forever
encryptik

skiter43 wrote:

i`m 50% more asocial than before
100% for me, i'm now a hermit.
Lust

Shimy wrote:

I see circles everywhere i go...
th-th-the circles...they follow me..

THERE THEY ARE AGAIN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

*bang* (dead)
aaronkyle
My reaction to everything is faster now... also i try to tap every circle i find
nyrox
Osu! has taught me how to control my anger, I guess that can be a carried lesson.
I only recently began osu! and watching anime, about half a year for anime, and like 3 months for osu!, but since I began osu! I watched less and less anime.
My first few months of anime any show I began to watch I'd marathon. 25-50 Episodes in 2-3 days, easy. Now I struggle to finish 12 episode series in a week.
Seikunai

lKeira wrote:

I play taiko in my head with any song I hear, and now I play less League of legends...
EXACTLY ME.
Reyshka
Osu is my Music Player .-.
itsRadikal

lKeira wrote:

and now I play less League of legends...
Wow, this is me. D':
show more