forum

咲 -Saki- Mafia (GAME OVER)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
pieguyn
still searching for replacement for Jinxy. deadline extended by 24 hours to accommodate this

Votecount 1.7

Royston (3) - Sakura, Nyquill, Jinxy
Rantai (1) - CalignoBot
Jinxy (1) - Irreversible
Quotes (1) - Royston
NoHItter (1) - Quotes
CalignoBot (1) - DakeDekaane

Not voting - NoHItter, OnosakiHito, Raging Bull, Rantai

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is in 38:03.
Raging Bull

OnosakiHito wrote:

Unvote

RVS is already over.
RVS has been over for a while. Don't know why you would state the obvious.

I have a feeling NH is town. Like I said, I misread stuff and though Rantai was confirmed town and Royston was confused by it. Then NH just happened to question Royston who happened to confused himself!
Quotes_old
eh maybe

unvote

will do some work on this game later tonight
Royston
I must say I'm really loving how of the three people voting for me, one is V/LA (Nyquill), another is looking for a replacement(Jinxy), and the other hasn't explained at all why they're voting for me (Sakura). Real classy guys.
Rantai
Ok more or less back.

I'm a little too lazy to make an iso but has Onosaki said anything substantial yet? I keep seeing the orange name but cannot ever recall what he says. Guess this is my round about way of saying I smell some possible low flying that piqued my interest.

@Royston - seems like another Sakura-reaction-test
Sakura

Rantai wrote:

@Royston - seems like another Sakura-reaction-test
It's not a reaction test this time, I have suspicions of him.
Amianki
Unvote: Rantai
Vote: Raging Bull
Amianki
Free cookie to anyone who can guess what the problem with his ISO is.
Quotes_old
My bad got caught up in studying. Will be able to place a vote but probably can't do much more than that since I have a paper due tomorrow qq

I'm ok with a RagingBull lynch and I don't like NoHitter's response to my vote; it's factually correct in a scummy way. I dont like the Royston vote and i can kind of get on board for the Rantai one but not that much.

I'd prefer to vote for one of the first two and maybe Rantai or Onowhatever.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Votecount 1.8

Royston (3) - Sakura, Nyquill, Jinxy
Jinxy (1) - Irreversible
Quotes (1) - Royston
Raging Bull (1) - CalignoBot

Not voting - NoHItter, OnosakiHito, Raging Bull, Rantai, Quotes

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is in 6:20.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Kytoxid replaces Jinxy. thanks <3

deadline extended by 24 hrs. current deadline is in 29:53.
DakeDekaane
I bet there's scum in Royston wagon if he's town.

inb4 omg that's so obvious
Sakura

DakeDekaane wrote:

So your doubting Royston's towniness yet you think there's scum on his wagon?, if you're doubting royston's towniness and he's town it's more likely that scum is standing by watching town mislynch on their own.
DakeDekaane
Indeed I'm doubting Royston's towniness, I don't have the feeling of he being likely town, null so far.

I'd want to read what everybody think about him.
Raging Bull
Wow i forgot im inthis game. Give me time after work
Rantai
Well the only 2 majr things I saw from Royston was a misread and a joke rvs vote on a confirmed town (I already gave my opinion on that matter).

Unless I missed something else I don't really think I see him as either or at the moment.
Rantai
major*
Kytoxid
Hey all. Reading the thread, here's what I got. Lemme know if I misunderstood/missed anything.

- Page 3: Quotes is mod-confirmed town. (and a rather unremarkable Saki character)
- Page 4: Rantai gets wagoned early. Not sure why.
- Page 5: Royston votes Quotes, gets some flak for voting confirmed town. Probably just an honest mistake, not sure why anyone would do that otherwise.

Rantai wrote:

Actually just to spite you I'm just going to try rp for as long as I can keep it up.
- This bugged me, I can't see this benefiting the town at all?
- Page 6-7: And then he starts posting stuff actually in RP. Bah, I can't understand it at all.

Irreversible wrote:

I'll try to catch things up, my post will come in a few hours for sure, sorry for inactiity
- Page 9: Rantai starts to form a bit more coherent arguments, albeit under spoiler tags. A bunch of meta arguments I don't get since I haven't played Mafia with you guys. Irreversible also shows up for a sec, but his promised post doesn't. Sakura is around but seems content to watch the CB-vs-Rantai dance.
- Page 10-12: Suddenly no one is voting Rantai anymore. No real progress happens.

Honestly, the gut feel I get is that we've spent most of our time watching two townies rip into each other, and now no one has any idea what to do, and we've spent 3 pages slowly running in circles. We need a direction to go.

I want to see what Ono and Irreversible are up to. Irreversible is the "more inactive" one, so Mod: Can we prod Irreversible?.

Ono has been around though, just not posting anything helpful: http://puu.sh/4Wdip.png.

Unvote
Vote: OnosakiHito

Ono, I know you're new here like me, but I feel like we need voices, opinions, and analysis as much as we need to put pressure on people. Right now there really isn't anything happening to shape the town's opinion, and you can see that reflected in the vote count, and how everyone is just randomly running around. If you could lynch anyone based on the posts so far, who would you lynch and why?

CalignoBot wrote:

If you see something, please let us know what it is. Also, noob question: What's ISO?
Amianki

Kytoxid wrote:

CalignoBot wrote:

If you see something, please let us know what it is. Also, noob question: What's ISO?
ISO = Isolation; literally just one person's posts in isolation

I believe people are more likely to believe my point if they find out for themselves. I'll only reveal it if no one guesses it right.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Irreversible has been prodded
Raging Bull
There's nothing significant about my ISO, unless that is what you meant (haha).

Pretty late since I never noticed. To CalingoBot

CalignoBot wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

@ Calingo, you can't really say that just because Rantai has same style like you as scum that Rantai is scum.
Why exactly can't I do this?

Raging Bull wrote:

You also can't seem to back it up with anything since you even said we cannot prove or disprove it.
That doesn't invalidate the reason for using it in the first place.
Because your playing style as scum does not mean his playing style as scum.

And you realize at the same time, it doesn't validate the reason for thinking he's scum.

And why did you even get off Rantai case? Has he done anything to you that feel like unvoting for? Or perhaps you are just unvoting now since people just aren't jumping on Rantai bandwagon as you hoped it would.
Irreversible
Sorry, that's the last time I get prodded, i'm sorry but school started and orz

Unvote

i got some thoughts tho

Sakura, in other games you're always really scumhunting, but not in this game. and i mean.. you were the one who even taught me scumhunting so.. :/

then dake's post:

DakeDekaane wrote:

Uhm yes, i don't really get if this is meant ironic or not.. maybe you just said it, without voting him to pretend looking scummy and put the suspiciousness (?) on the others, and this is what currently buggs me the most

Vote: DakeDekaane
DakeDekaane
So people just parking their votes and probably disappearing until the lynch isn't suspicious for you? Doesn't that look familiar to you? :P
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Votecount 1.9

Royston (2) - Sakura, Nyquill
OnosakiHito (1) - Kytoxid
DakeDekaane (1) - Irreversible

Not voting - NoHItter, OnosakiHito, Raging Bull, Rantai, Royston Quotes

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is in 6:36.
Kytoxid
Mod: Irreversible has voted for DakeDekaane.

Ugh, this inactiveness. I come back and find that basically nothing useful has been posted, and we're just as scattered as before.

Irreversible wrote:

Sakura, in other games you're always really scumhunting, but not in this game. and i mean.. you were the one who even taught me scumhunting so.. :/
So you think Sakura is scum?

To be honest, there isn't enough discussion happening at all and just looking at the votecount, I can tell we're basically doing a random lynch D1. I'm okay with a Royston lynch, but I would prefer if we lynched someone inactive, or this is going to just get progressively worse in terms of people being inactive, so I'm keeping my vote on Ono.

I've got midterms early tomorrow, so I'm heading to bed.
Royston
also I'm currently not voting for anyone, I unvoted Quotes ages ago

Great, I'm going to get lynched by two inactive players and their parked votes. Bloody fantastic.

Caligno: I thought you were going to provide the reason RB's ISO was suspicious if nobody guessed it? There isn't much time left

Irreversible: Why'd you vote for Dake over Sakura?

Why hasn't Quotes been posting more? Since he's the only confirmed town he's probably gonna be nightkilled and he hasn't said anything at all recently
Topic Starter
pieguyn
sry, fixed

deadline is in 5:22
Amianki

Raging Bull wrote:

There's nothing significant about my ISO, unless that is what you meant (haha).
You're getting closer. Add one more significant detail and it becomes scummy.

Pretty late since I never noticed. To CalingoBot

CalignoBot wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

@ Calingo, you can't really say that just because Rantai has same style like you as scum that Rantai is scum.
Why exactly can't I do this?

Raging Bull wrote:

You also can't seem to back it up with anything since you even said we cannot prove or disprove it.
That doesn't invalidate the reason for using it in the first place.
Because your playing style as scum does not mean his playing style as scum.

And you realize at the same time, it doesn't validate the reason for thinking he's scum.

#1: That logic doesn't really work. I use that logic train because I understand why scum would do those actions. If someone else does those actions, I see it more likely coming from mafia than town (this is pretty much the basis of at least 95% if not ALL scumhunting). You're basically arguing here that I can't use this train of logic because I don't know what he's thinking.

#2: Two questions. 1. Why would my reasoning need to be validated? 2. Why would it need to be proved to be valid?

Raging Bull wrote:

And why did you even get off Rantai case? Has he done anything to you that feel like unvoting for? Or perhaps you are just unvoting now since people just aren't jumping on Rantai bandwagon as you hoped it would.
Neither.
My read on Rantai has not decreased. Rather, my read on you has escalated beyond it.
Amianki
That entire spoilbox should be in a quote tag.
Rantai
You know I'm not so keen on a Royston vote. I'd rather be lynching Ono simply for the fact that he was flying low during the earlier posts.

Vote: Ono

Also Caligno never answered my question.
Amianki
Which question? I probably missed or forgot about it.
Royston
Well, not much else I can do at this point.

Vote: OnosakiHito
DakeDekaane
So you will sacrifice another person? I'm sure that's not too townie imo, do you have any reasons besides he hasn't aported anything?
You can share your reads too, claiming, dunno :u
Rantai

CalignoBot wrote:

Which question? I probably missed or forgot about it.

Rantai wrote:

Which post did you try to clear it up?

Feels like to let it just run for whatever reason instead of clarifying (well, depends on where you tried to clear it up obviously).
I saw one post regarding it but want to check what you say first.
Royston

DakeDekaane wrote:

So you will sacrifice another person?
Yup, I'm an ass like that. Seriously though my read on Ono is null, but as they hasn't posted anything in 5 days I don't see them as an asset to town
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Votecount 1.10

OnosakiHito (3) - Kytoxid, Rantai, Royston
Royston (2) - Sakura, Nyquill
DakeDekaane (1) - Irreversible

Not voting - NoHItter, OnosakiHito, Raging Bull, Quotes

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is in 0:28.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
ROUND 1
GAME 4/10

Kytoxid, Rantai, and Royston got paired against OnosakiHito. They were exchanging blows back and forth throughout the whole hanchan, but around the South 2 mark they immediately noticed something is wrong.

"I can't see anything at all", Kytoxid thought.
"does it seem like there's mist floating around", Rantai remarked?
"hey that's odd, I felt the same sort of thing", Royston said.

OnosakiHito started going on a dealer streak as Royston started to feel more and more lost. especially it got to the point where Royston felt so lost he could starve to death before finding his way out. Then he drew his hand and ended up being 6 shanten, while OnosakiHito declared riichi on the 3rd turn.

9 turns later, Royston was still 6 shanten. He hadn't got a single useful tile all hand. Knowing something was terribly off, eventually he just snapped and flipped the automatic table over on top of OnosakiHito.

Of course everyone immediately came rushing in to see what the hell happened, but upon searching OnosakiHito they found a really suspicious looking note containing instructions on how to play each hand such that she'd win faster. what the hell?!

OnosakiHito (Takakamo Shizuno) - Mafia Disabler - lynched D1

it is now N1. The deadline is 10/24, 06:00 GMT (23:00 from now).
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Resolving night actions
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Everyone woke up knowing Round 1 was over. They quickly went to check the leaderboards to see who all was remaining only to see

Takei Hisa - DISQUALIFIED

This seemed oddly familiar. Everyone assumed she left, but some knew better and went off looking for her. Just when people started telling them they were wrong and she had left, Hisa herself came walking out

"oo? what's this?"
"...WHAT"

Naturally knowing Hisa some ass kicking occurred, but despite all her hard efforts and her experience as student congress president, she wasn't able to get her disqualification revoked.

Kytoxid (Takei Hisa) - Jack of all Trades - killed N1

It is D2. With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The deadline is 10/29, 06:00 GMT (119:33 from now)
NoHitter
Mafia probably have a Ninja.
Also Dake, do you have a passive ability?
show more