forum

Mouse holding

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TehFabled_old
I find myself getting into awkward positions with my mouse when i do long and difficult songs, like my hand ends up near the bottom of my mousemat/desk and it restricts my movement. Any advice on how to hold the mouse to prevent this?
Icyteru
your mouse should always be in the same area.

If it isn't, then that means you're lifting the mouse when you play/ or you didn't turn mouse acceleration off.
brenbread

[AirCoN] wrote:

If it isn't, then that means you're lifting the mouse when you play/ or you didn't turn mouse acceleration off.
Either this, or get a bigger mouse-mat (like a Steelseries Qck, or a Qck+ if you want something HUUUUGE).

Or try out different grip styles and hopefully find one that is most comfortable.
http://www.razerzone.com/mouseguide/ergonomic

I had the same problem when I used mouse, as well.
Topic Starter
TehFabled_old
Hmmm, i use the palm grip for all situations, and the finger grip for streaming. I think the root of the problem is my arm trying to find a comfy spot, since it's resting on the edge of my desk, so it's constantly moving downwards after 2-3min w/o a break. Where do you normally place your arm when playing a long song
Rawn
I have the same problem when I play Andrea maps..maybe it is the mapping style make you like that.

btw,i hold my mouse with palm grip
Almost
I have this problem when I play with mouse. Just try finding time to move your mouse back to it's original location like during breaks or spinners. Higher dpi reduces the amount your mouse drifts as well.
Rio-
I'm A Fingertip-Grip Player, so Yeah... Always having this problem...
My Best bet is to increase Your dpi or sensitivity...
buny
this is actually a huge problem with mouse, which is mainly the reason why people switch to tablets because of its absolute tracking

the best you could do is probably reposition your mouse whenever you can
silmarilen
dont listen to anybody's advice so far except for buny's, they all have no idea.
-Cho

TehFabled wrote:

Hmmm, i use the palm grip for all situations, and the finger grip for streaming. I think the root of the problem is my arm trying to find a comfy spot, since it's resting on the edge of my desk, so it's constantly moving downwards after 2-3min w/o a break. Where do you normally place your arm when playing a long song
Arm in air, or as buny said (and this is what I do too since arm in air feels weird to me) just whenever you have chance, reposition yourself, any chance you get when you need to like on a slow slider, just before a spinner finishes, any small break in the map etc.
Hello Skitty
I have the same problem, i use some weird claw-fingertip grip. I cant play with palm grip, so i suppose ill have to increase dpi, otherwise in jumpy maps i miss all the time
Weed
This happens a lot when using a mouse. Just hope there's a pause so you can readjust. If it's happening more frequently take a break.
djjsixpack

[AirCoN] wrote:

This, but a lot of mice have built-in acceleration that you can't do much about. Either get one with no acceleration at all or learn ways to reposition during songs without missing. Pretty much all you can do :/
Moonpower
To everyone blaming built-in acceleration, this is in most cases not the problem. Mouse works by relative movement, not by absolute position. When you move your mouse, it is not always facing the same direction.
An (extreme) example: Move your mouse 1 inch north, rotate it 180 degrees, move it 1 inch north. The cursor is back at the same position, but your mouse has moved 2 inches north. Small 'errors' like this build up over a song, and makes your mouse end up in awkward positions. You can get somewhat rid of it by getting better in general so your moves are less erratic. Besides switching to tablet, there is nothing else you can do about it.
KoMo
l
Glyph
Get an optical mouse with a perfect sensor (with a shape that feels good/with a shape that you can hold onto) and a bigbigbig mousepad.

Start maps with your mouse at the center of your mousepad and your cursor on the center of your screen, and don't ever lift your mouse.