forum

Mouse Sensitivity

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
smajin_old
I've recently gotten really into osu! and currently I'm using a mouse and keyboard. I was wondering what sensitivities that other mouse users use and which sensitivity that you guys think is best.

Currently I'm using a USB Standard Lenovo membrane keyboard and a Logitech Gaming Mouse G500 with no weights and on max sensitivity on the mouse. In control panel I have it set 5 from the left and in osu! I have it set to 1.0

Let me know what you guys think!
boat
I think my own personal preference is the best because it works for me.
Mikelicious
I use 1.0 in osu and 8/11 in windows.
Story
b4 i used tablet i used 1800 6/11windows 1.0x osu
TakuMii
If you want your mouse to be as precise as possible, Windows sensitivity should always be 6/11 (middle setting) with "enhance pointer precision" turned off, while in-game sensitivity should be set to 1.0.
As for DPI, it's mainly preference. But I recommend not going above 1800dpi.

Personally, I feel comfortable at ~670dpi at the moment. My window resolution is 1600x900.
Glyph
800 dpi, .7X in game sens, multiplier of 1 in Windows sensitivity, no acceleration whatsoever.

For some reason quite a few osu players who reply to threads like this use super high dpi.
usa
1.0 osu; default 6/11 windows
enhance pointer precision off
turning accel off in registry: http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html
^standard settings for the acceleration-phobic people on windows
general consensus is to change "sensitivity" only by changing the dpi on your mouse.

if you're playing on a mac...even Steve Jobs can't help you now
i don't even Linux
TakuMii
^just in case someone's on a Mac:

You can disable mouse sensitivity by typing this command into Terminal and rebooting:
defaults write .GlobalPreferences com.apple.mouse.scaling -1

If you want to re-enable it (not sure why you'd want to though), use this and reboot:
defaults delete -g com.apple.mouse.scaling
Hello Skitty
950 dpi, 1366x768 resolution
unkempt
800dpi, 1,3x in osu, 6/11 in windows, enchance pointer acceleration off, 1366x768 res and switching to a full tablet soon :P
Rio-

YayMii wrote:

If you want your mouse to be as precise as possible, Windows sensitivity should always be 6/11 (middle setting) with "enhance pointer precision" turned off, while in-game sensitivity should be set to 1.0.
^Same as this, and in addition with 1000 dpi & 1280x800 res...
Cour_old
1.5x in osu, 7/11 in windows. :P
Novalogic
6/11 x1,0 in game and 600 DPI. Generaly i think that too fast cursor makes your movements less accurate ( played once on 1,5 in game and 3200 DPI ;x ).
theramdans
1000 dpi
1.0 osu!
8/11 windows
1024 600
Wh1teh
2300 dpi, 4/11 windows, 1,0x osu!, 1024x600 windowed
lulpeadless
800 dpi
80 in osu
1280x720
KupcaH
can we look to first post date before posting?
mulraf
give him a break, at least he has 80 in osu.