forum

Poll 1: What would you call yourself?

posted
Total Posts

What would you call yourself?

I'm a beat-clicker. No interest in making maps.
39.05%
I'm a mapper/modder. I only play to test and mod maps.
13.50%
I really can't decide between playing and mapping.. do both about the same.
37.96%
I'm a skinner, coder or other, and while contributing, don't fit into any category above.
5.47%
I'm just here for the community.
4.01%
Total votes: 274
Polling ended
show more
NoHitter
3 - mod/map/play
Doomsday
I both play and map/mod. I lean towards the play side more though, but i still do both nonetheless, so option 3
RandomJibberish
I play, map, mod and skin, and am learning to storyboard.

Speaking of which I should finish my current WIP skin :?
Andrea
I'm a mapper/modder. (Option 2)

I don't play much anymore :P
jockeytiyan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Sinistro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Shinde
I guess I'd have to say option four. I tie option two, modding and mapping, into skinning quite often, so two is a close second. Pretty much every map I make I look to skin or SB or something visually, and take on graphical work per request often enough. I only play enough to hold my rank really.
mikhe
I'm a player, but I want to start to mod some map, I like help people :3

Bye :D
ShaggoN
So I chose third category. I mainly play the game, but i like to help people with beatmaps, hang around editor etc. :D also i like to chat. On #osu there are a lot of cool people. And that makes osu! so awesome :)
deadbeat
i'd be in the 3rd group..mapper and player..even thou i still suck compared to most people. practise makes perfect thou :)
Gabi
i guess im a little of everything except skinner/coder. i mod/map every now and then, i play ofcourse. i love creating and hosting events like tournaments for example, then again it's a little difficult to come up with different ideas for events ^^
Lizbeth
I'm between option 2 and 3... but i ll go for 3, cuz i still play maps that i like, mostly in multiplayer.
DJPop
I'm a mapper/modder. I only play to test and mod maps.

'Cause I suck at playing insane maps :(
WyndII
I really can't decide between playing and mapping.. do both about the same.

but I can be a tester too XD...
Gens
When I first joined, my only interest was mapping (didn't even knew about modding yet). The result was "Party Night" OH GOD
I started playing osu! later and I eventually became more skilled at it, and I still have interest for modding and mapping so I guess I fit for option 3. :P
ignorethis
At the beginning I was good at playing maps, and created a few records before I decided to quit playing and become a fulltime mapper. I rarely played since July, so I suck at playing osu now :D
eee
I'd say I can't really decide between both.
I used to be a beat clicker, haven't been doing so much lately with these new set of good players, so I tend to map/mod more. But when I'm tired with mapping, I sometimes play for fun :)
Lesjuh
3rd option for me too, I don't play alot lately though ;(
Mashley
I'm a mapper and sort of a modder. I do just have osu! open for irc a lot though.
Crakila
I am here for the community but I do love the gaming!!

I <3 you all
(Not in a gay way ;) )
nardii
Shinxyn
Right now, I would say the second... hardly play anymore, and don't really do much else.
Larto
Mapping and modding. I had some more interest in playing a year ago or so, but now I have way more fun mapping =P
Diasios
Chaos Anime X
player/skinner/wana-be-mapper

I'm not going to vote because there's no option I fit into
Pokebis
For this and future reference for these polls; can our individual votes be seen by anyone? And if so whom? I mean I know we can see total votes on A and B, but could you see that I, Pokebis, voted A and say, awp, voted B?
Dangaard
I'm a mapper/player, but actually there are different ways of playing maps imo. If playing means playing for score, I'm just a mapper who plays some few maps.
I used to play a LOT multiplayer, but I'm a bit short of time now :<
Soaprman
Pretty much player-only these days. I play both single and multiplayer (mostly tag coop).

There was a time when I dabbled in mapping, but the process of getting it perfected and ranked kind of turned me off from ever attempting it again. Any maps I make these days lie unfinished on my hard drive. I might submit another map someday, we'll see.
edu750zx
anonymous_old
I play for fun. Screw rank, for the most part.

I have a few projects like "fuck - you" and osq2osb which are SB-related. Sometimes when I look at #mod someone is in need of a storyboard, so I help them with that.

I'm on the support team. Woo!

I playtest maps for people if they ask. I think playtesting (with the mapper spectating) with a few comments afterwards is the most effective form of modding.

The community is great and I ... support it quite a bit, if you can call it that. =]

Distributions? 35% playing, 30% community, 20% storyboarding/coding, 10% support, 5% modding.
Cuddlebun
I'm pretty much on IRC the whole time; I only play the latest ranked maps and even then most of those are really boring so I'd say the last option since all I do is sit in chat and talk.

Well, if the stupidity level of the chat isn't too high.
Skyripper
I'm a demon without computer access for one more week! At that point a new hard drive will indeed arrive. Hazaa
MaxwellDemon
Seeing as I am a BAT with little spare time in osu!, I am naturally a map/modder... more of strictly a modder though. XD XD
Esupanitix
I map occasionally but still play. Not really a community person.

EDIT: Can we submit Poll ideas?
Topic Starter
peppy

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

EDIT: Can we submit Poll ideas?
Nah - I already have plenty of my own. This is my forum ;).
arien666
I voted 'I really can't decide between playing and mapping.. do both about the same.'
Umm...
I play Taiko mode but...
I also make Taiko maps X3
YGOkid8
I was hoping there would be one like "Plays a lot, maps sometimes", cause that would be me
Orkel
I'm a beat clicker, but sometimes (once every 3 months or so) I try to make a map just to see if it turns out good. But the maps always end up graveyarded because I get bored after making one difficulty, and they're not that good either. So I chose the first option because I do it the most.
Sushi
For sure, I'm a mapper, sometimes playing, but mapping most of the time.

Modding? not a lot. but modding.
xxsagarayuu
A beat-clicker only for now. :)
I think I will constant be a beat-clicker =D
show more