forum

Poll 1: What would you call yourself?

posted
Total Posts

What would you call yourself?

I'm a beat-clicker. No interest in making maps.
39.05%
I'm a mapper/modder. I only play to test and mod maps.
13.50%
I really can't decide between playing and mapping.. do both about the same.
37.96%
I'm a skinner, coder or other, and while contributing, don't fit into any category above.
5.47%
I'm just here for the community.
4.01%
Total votes: 274
Polling ended
show more
Tanmak
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
K2J
I'm a spade. For those who don't know what that means:

I suck at playing most video games, but I'm usually a lot more knowledgeable and involved in a game's world than just playing it. When I say "world", I don't mean on a fictional level only - I also mean how the game works as a program, but the lore and backstory of a game are also very important to me. Probably explains why I like mapping (when I have the time) and storyboarding, but not so much playing.

That, and all I have is a laptop. Which can barely run osu! at 30fps a lot of the time.
DeathxShinigami
Voted #2. I'm a decent player and I mod on occasion never had a fond talent of mapping though and I don't see myself contributing much at all actually. ehehe
Ivalset
Moderator extraordinaire.

Maybe.

Edit: Also, I made LadySuburu great. All me. Sort of.
Jinxy
#3. I play and map/mod the same. However, I don't think I would be in osu for this long if the community wasn't good. (In #osu and #mod or a few threads, not all of them)
Derekku
Currently for me, I'd say I do about 45% playing, 45% modding, and the rest is mapping (or attempting to). Of course, this doesn't factor in all of the time I spend here on the forums. :o

EDIT: But in the future, I'd like it to even out to 1/3 each. <3
abalee
map modder now. we always got pending maps to take a look. ;)
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Spudman
I see myself as a Beat-clicker, I've tried mapping in the past (See my one map that I attempted) but it's just not for me, I don't got the patience or the talent to make successful maps, so I'll leave that to people who can.

I've also attempted to be part of the community and help around the forums, but I just can't commit to too much at one time, and since I have troubles continuing to be active for long periods of time, I just dropped of the face of the earth and stuck to playing osu! and occasionally sitting in chat.
Topic Starter
peppy
So far it's about what I expected - a very even 50/50 split ;). Will be interesting to see if it keeps going that way.
awp
Where's the option for abusive administrator/shadowy board of figures member? =(

idk I map/script/mod I fall into that category the most.
Zekira
Senbon
I'm glad there's so many things to do on osu!, so I chose 3. Of course as usual, I've started by just playing and having fun and making friends. Until I discovered that Taiko is very great as well.

But I started to be amazed at the quality of some maps and decided to practice making my own things, which is going great thanks to everyone's help getting me better at this. By using the forums I've made a couple of friends just by modding around and finding great things in the Random Forum.

I hope I do get active around more little by little, getting to know you guys better, rather than just business modding. :D
Atmey
I play for fun, I mapped few songs, some never completed, its kinda fun and kinda helped me play better like thinking what the mapper is thinking. Not much of my maps were modded properly, made few skins, I think people liked some.
Cyclone
Is there an "All of the Above" option?

I mean, first and foremost, I play. Beyond that I am a (lazy) BAT, I make a few (cruddy) maps, I have 2 (incomplete) skins, and sometimes I even spend time doing nothing but talk on IRC. Not to mention I'm working at getting the first official osu! tournament underway (though there's still nothing else I can do to further this at this time...), and also play a big part in organizing maps for monthly rankings.

Huh... good thing I excel in 1 area..... I'd be pretty pathetic otherwise :|
Ephemeral
I like doing constructive stuff.

BAT duties obviously, mapping occasionally, playing from time to time, sparsely doing Support Team work and generally hanging around in #osu and #mod with all the cool people there.
Shulin
I'm here for the music so I play, mod, and map, but don't really do anything else.

I enjoy mapping and modding the most so I guess option 2 suits me.
Starrodkirby86
Mod/Map/Rank-up.

Well...the middle one is kind of uncommon now, but I try. :>
Nachy
minyeob
I'm more like beat clicker.
Hidden sucks my modding time. I can't moderate my playing desire.
I would hit for #1 position if I have enough time......
Uhh well but I want to maintain my BAT color RED/ORANGE

And mapping? lol To make beatmap "ranked" is as hard as FL+HD+HR+DT
I would make maps if I have enough slots...... Everybody mod my map plz :(
Blackiris
I was trying few times to start mapping, but I just cannot make it through the beginning - how to do what... but who knows - maybe I'll learn how to map one day ^_^ for now, just player
nomedeusuarionaodisp
Chose the first option, even though I do have interest in making maps. It's just that... I can't dedicate myself enough. I'll probably try it again, especially now that I have some ideas on maps to make... ah. Better stop being lazy already.
Xgor
I need to play more :/
I usually just mod and map right now.
I picked second option
Arusha Shuna
50%play, 40%mapping, 10% skinning.

skinning is only for personal use skin though
NoHitter
3 - mod/map/play
Doomsday
I both play and map/mod. I lean towards the play side more though, but i still do both nonetheless, so option 3
RandomJibberish
I play, map, mod and skin, and am learning to storyboard.

Speaking of which I should finish my current WIP skin :?
Andrea
I'm a mapper/modder. (Option 2)

I don't play much anymore :P
jockeytiyan
Sinistro
Shinde
I guess I'd have to say option four. I tie option two, modding and mapping, into skinning quite often, so two is a close second. Pretty much every map I make I look to skin or SB or something visually, and take on graphical work per request often enough. I only play enough to hold my rank really.
mikhe
I'm a player, but I want to start to mod some map, I like help people :3

Bye :D
ShaggoN
So I chose third category. I mainly play the game, but i like to help people with beatmaps, hang around editor etc. :D also i like to chat. On #osu there are a lot of cool people. And that makes osu! so awesome :)
deadbeat
i'd be in the 3rd group..mapper and player..even thou i still suck compared to most people. practise makes perfect thou :)
Gabi
i guess im a little of everything except skinner/coder. i mod/map every now and then, i play ofcourse. i love creating and hosting events like tournaments for example, then again it's a little difficult to come up with different ideas for events ^^
Lizbeth
I'm between option 2 and 3... but i ll go for 3, cuz i still play maps that i like, mostly in multiplayer.
DJPop
I'm a mapper/modder. I only play to test and mod maps.

'Cause I suck at playing insane maps :(
WyndII
I really can't decide between playing and mapping.. do both about the same.

but I can be a tester too XD...
Gens
When I first joined, my only interest was mapping (didn't even knew about modding yet). The result was "Party Night" OH GOD
I started playing osu! later and I eventually became more skilled at it, and I still have interest for modding and mapping so I guess I fit for option 3. :P
ignorethis
At the beginning I was good at playing maps, and created a few records before I decided to quit playing and become a fulltime mapper. I rarely played since July, so I suck at playing osu now :D
show more