forum

Anime Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mogsy
Only if you find sexist, super-otaku-pandery-wish-fulfillment good.
Zeex
I need 1-4 to stockpile on. I've watched noobie stuff like fma, fairy tale, soul eater, black butler, samurai champloo.
Mogsy
Watch more intro-to-anime stuff, preferably stuff with weight to it. I've got four suggestions right here:
  1. Cowboy Bebop
  2. Akira
  3. Paranoia Agent
  4. Neon Genesis Evangelion
Even if you don't end up particularly liking them, they're important works. If you want more recent stuff compared to these, there's Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Steins;Gate (the latter of which is definitely applying to the first sentence for me and it's an interesting way to do a VN adaptation).
[ Ruri ]

Mistercool121 wrote:

I have been wanting to watch Oreimo, But is it good?
For me the ending of S2 is bad but my score for it will be 6/10
Raiken-

[ Ruri ] wrote:

Mistercool121 wrote:

For me the ending of S2 is bad but my score for it will be 6/10
Mine will be 5/10.

Because of their "Siscont"-ish things.
Rio-

Mistercool121 wrote:

I would say 8/10 for S1 and 5/10 for S2
Season 2 Impression : The Story is good... But I don't like the Ending... (The True Ending, Episode 14-16)Damn You Kyousuke! Rejecting Any Girl that confessed to Him and instead He's Going out with His OWN Sister
*Except for S1, The Story is pretty much better than the S2
Apex_old
untitled
Xho

Apex wrote:

Important:

A person's life-time is limited, you will need to use the time you have to the maximum extent.

This means if you don't want to waste your life, don't not watch useless shit. You will only accept the top-class materials of media like books, TV shows, and anime, that has a HIGH score on ranking websites as for multiple perspectives and reliability of the data of websites. Normally the full mark of a website 10, meaning you will only watch the shows that has a score around 9, which only takes aourn 95% to 99% of the whole information, which is an extremely effective way of saving your time.
Implying the vast majority has the same taste as me.

Apex wrote:

don't not watch useless shit.
I think you mean "don't watch useless shit".
Topic Starter
ampzz

Mistercool121 wrote:

No.
Apex_old
untitled
Raiken-

Apex wrote:

Give me something epic, legendary, magnificent, or excellent

Jk.

What kind of thing?
Apex_old
You know, like epic, legendary, magnificent, or excellent.

Don't you know TCGs? Like a Rare card is yellow or blue, an epic card is orange, a legendary card is red or purple. Now I'm saying as if every anime realm is a TCG, give an epic, legendary, magnificent, or excellent card.
IsseiTheBest
I want to watch Tiger & Bunny and Kamisama no inai nichiyoubi, are this animes good?
JokerFate
need suggestion for good sports anime, especially basketball or baseball thingy
Navizel
Basquash.
Mogsy

JokerFate wrote:

need suggestion for good sports anime, especially basketball or baseball thingy
Basketball: Slam Dunk or Kuroko's Basketball.

Baseball: Touch, Big Windup, One Outs.
mathexpert

Apex wrote:

Give me something epic, legendary, magnificent, or excellent
you should really give serial experiments lain a shot
Restless Spirit
You guys have any suggestion in terms of lots of gore, brutality and detailed violence?
And don't you dare suggest Elfen Lied, Hellsing Ultimate or anything alike. They have blood and violence, but they are missing the detail.
Mogsy
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne, Shigurui: Death Frenzy.
Restless Spirit

Mogsworth wrote:

Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne, Shigurui: Death Frenzy.
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will have a look at these.
Topic Starter
ampzz
I'll chuck in a rather nice line-up of anime you could try out as well Powersocke:
  1. Berserk - Brutality in its purest, animated form.
  2. Claymore - Limbs go flying quite a lot be it the humans, demons or Claymores themselves.
  3. Fist of the North Star - Another classic anime showing pure violence in a post-apocalyptic setting.
  4. Gantz - This is one of the most known series for its gore level.
  5. Afro Samurai - Quite an interesting take, especially since it was an American production.
  6. Ichi: The Killer - Hilarious violence in a rather screwed up character.
  7. Ninja Scroll - This has plenty of detailed violence in it from people being torn limb from limb to a guy drinking the blood of another.
  8. Baoh the Visitor - Exploding heads; need I say more?
Restless Spirit

ampzz wrote:

I'll chuck in a rather nice line-up of anime you could try out as well Powersocke:
  1. Berserk - Brutality in its purest, animated form.
  2. Claymore - Limbs go flying quite a lot be it the humans, demons or Claymores themselves.
  3. Fist of the North Star - Another classic anime showing pure violence in a post-apocalyptic setting.
  4. Gantz - This is one of the most known series for its gore level.
  5. Afro Samurai - Quite an interesting take, especially since it was an American production.
  6. Ichi: The Killer - Hilarious violence in a rather screwed up character.
  7. Ninja Scroll - This has plenty of detailed violence in it from people being torn limb from limb to a guy drinking the blood of another.
  8. Baoh the Visitor - Exploding heads; need I say more?
Thank you very much.
I will also have a look at these and I'll see if any of those'll suit my interests.
After that, I'll go and scribble some of them on my anime watchlist paper for sure.
IsseiTheBest

Powersocke wrote:

You guys have any suggestion in terms of lots of gore, brutality and detailed violence?
And don't you dare suggest Elfen Lied, Hellsing Ultimate or anything alike. They have blood and violence, but they are missing the detail.
Psycho Pass
Restless Spirit

IsseiTheBest wrote:

Powersocke wrote:

Psycho Pass
Looked at that thing. It definitely suits my interest in Science Fiction and if it has violence and gore, count me in.
I also had a look at the others suggested. Amongst all of your suggestions, seven of them have been chosen. Thank you very much indeed.
JokerFate
I need some anime that can cheer me up, cause I've been playing Rewrite and the story makes me sad :)
anyone can suggest something ?
Apex_old
untitled
PyaKura
I'd like something on the same level as Steins;Gate. I loved this anime.

I also liked Guilty Crown and... Code Geass, too.

Any other animus like those ?
Topic Starter
ampzz

JokerFate wrote:

I need some anime that can cheer me up, cause I've been playing Rewrite and the story makes me sad :)
Depends on what you are after for that "cheer up" feeling.

Let me know if you are after feel good romances or just comedies in general.

PyaKura wrote:

I'd like something on the same level as Steins;Gate. I loved this anime.

I also liked Guilty Crown and... Code Geass, too.

Any other animus like those ?
Depends on which genre you are after as it's really hard to recommend certain titles while trying to think if it is actually what you would be after. S;G is entirely different to the mecha-style theme for Code Geass & Guilty Crown, with the latter not being up to the level of quality either of the prior titles are.
PyaKura
Anything that is more or less in these genres will be fine. If you can think of a few animes (like 2 or 3) I'll just check them and see for myself really. I'm not too picky about animes.
JokerFate

ampzz wrote:

JokerFate wrote:

Depends on what you are after for that "cheer up" feeling.

Let me know if you are after feel good romances or just comedies in general.
I think comedy will do
Wok

JokerFate wrote:

I think comedy will do
Azumanga Daioh would be the funniest anime I've ever watched.
Hmm. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru is pretty funny too.
Sapphiire_old_1
I would like to watch somthing like Death Note and mirai nikki
KinkiN

SoG Tava wrote:

Psychological eh? you can try Another, Danganronpa , etc ~
Apex_old
untitled
KinkiN

Apex wrote:

Mirai Nikki is no where near Death Note.
They're both can be categorized Psychological genre, like when Amano are trying to use Yuno for his own sake or Yagami when he need to use Rem to kill L
Navizel

SoG Tava wrote:

Btooom, Psycho-Pass and Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Kurogamii
how much is your anime in this fall season?
i've got 27 \=w=/
Apex_old
untitled
Rio-

KurogamiLaciel wrote:

i've got 27 \=w=/
I only follow 9 Anime this Season... :|
*Talking about Fall 2013 Anime, This thread might useful to You...
Navizel

Apex wrote:

KurogamiLaciel wrote:

i've got 27 \=w=/
Principle 1: Don't watch shit.

Shit meaning lower than 9.0 in Myanimelist or other database websites(forget imdb, its anime ranking system is atrocious.)
there's only like 3-4 anime in MAL that is equal or higher than 9.0, js
show more