forum

Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife

posted
Total Posts
show more
rust45
[Normal]
01:50:857 (1) - I don't like where this slider starts, it just doesn't sound right to me, there's nothing in the music it really matches to, I can see why you started it there, but I think you should do something else.

[Hard]
Good job making this an actual middle ground between the diffs instead of a smaller spaced insane.

[Taiko]
Waaay too short, I also don't really like it much because it sounded like garbage, the claps and finishes seemed like they were only there to add difficulty, making it sound like crap IMO.
Topic Starter
Luvdic

rust45 wrote:

[Normal]
01:50:857 (1) - I don't like where this slider starts, it just doesn't sound right to me, there's nothing in the music it really matches to, I can see why you started it there, but I think you should do something else. Lol, i hope its better now.

[Hard]
Good job making this an actual middle ground between the diffs instead of a smaller spaced insane. Thanks

[Taiko]
Waaay too short, I also don't really like it much because it sounded like garbage, the claps and finishes seemed like they were only there to add difficulty, making it sound like crap IMO. I know, at first i wasnt so sure about this difficulty neither, but after asking like 2 or 3 people that does taiko mods, and they said it was fine, i left it there
And thanks :D
MMzz

rust45 wrote:

[Taiko]
Waaay too short, I also don't really like it much because it sounded like garbage, the claps and finishes seemed like they were only there to add difficulty, making it sound like crap IMO.
Was made before my mapping skills were addaquit, I wanted to redo it but the map got bubbled.
I suggest deleteing my diff :P
Topic Starter
Luvdic
Okay, ill take it out then...
But if you want, you may remap it, and ill upload it
lepidopodus
1:40 isn't that short for taiko as I think, so if you think this is sufficient, just leave it like now.

I'll check taiko diff as soon as I can.

EDIT: Well If you say so.
Topic Starter
Luvdic

lepidopodus wrote:

1:40 isn't that short for taiko as I think, so if you think this is sufficient, just leave it like now.

I'll check taiko diff as soon as I can.
I... have no idea, i have never played taiko before so... yeah, i dont know
But if its too much trouble, i guess i will just drop it, and thats why i wanted your opinion... x:

EDIT: just nvm it... i guess ill just drop it, and no more drastic difficulties changes...
MaxwellDemon
Suggestion mod time! Don't worry, no essay. XD

Anyway

[Normal]

Sounds good enough to me, I'll leave this. XD

[Hard]

01:14:847 (1) - When I first heard the start of this verse, I couldn't understand it because of the hitsounds (especially the whistle and clap combo) . It doesn't seem to sound like any sense to me. Or it could just be that I am modding really late. :/
01:24:668 (1,4) - I don't think whistle sounds right here, when the song is winding down in the chorus. XD
01:28:760 (4) - ^ At least you are trying to strike some form of consistency here, I guess... XD XD
01:33:671 (1,3,5,7) - Whis--- Yeah, okay, maybe I am just being really sensitive to the whistle. My point is that this is the slower part of the song, more serious singing, not as much raspy singing or screechy guitar, so, whistle just sounds off. But then, this is just me and I have never been a fan of whistle. Well, you get my point. So, there are a few examples. :3
02:19:228 (1) - Same thing as 01:14:847 (1). XD
02:29:049 (1) - Same thing as 01:24:668... well, you probably get my point anyway, so moving along now. XD
02:45:963 (4) - Isn't this considered a partially hidden slider, since both the head and tail are covered?

[Insane]

01:41:582 (4) - Yeah, I don't know about that slider too. Hahaha. XD

Generally, Insane is a great map. It looks really fun, but I doubt I could play it. XD XD
What I said about the chorus and whistle still applies to insane, but I have a feeling this is more of a preference thing, since your consistent usage of the whistle suggests that you know what you are doing. :P

Anyway, the biggest things to note are probably the partially hidden sliders, I think it is better to have the head and tail of the slider out in the open, though it might be a bit uglier. :(

I am also really iffy about that 01:14:847 and 02:19:228 in Hard. It came out really nicely in Insane, but it just sounds confusing in Hard.

It is a great mapset though. So, here is another BAT star. Get back to me, maybe I could bubble it (or maybe Remmy could mod it before I bubble). :P
Topic Starter
Luvdic
Althought issues are very few, the description were long... making it looks like an essay

And also....
I... suck... at... hitsounds.... im... a.... slow... learner.... >_>
And fixed those semi hidden sliders
And about the iffy thing... if one were to listen to the music... instead of the vocals... people wouldnt be so confusing
And thanks again
Krisom
^^! HiHi! I'm not gonna mod in spanish 'cuz last time I was completely ignored <__<
Oh well.

->Normal
-Low OD made me fail, A LOT. Can you raise it just a little bit? I know you must aim for 3 stars, but the low OD really made this difficulty look awkward :/. Ask a BAT if you can aim for 3,09 stars (c'mon, it does not feels like a Hard just for having 0.09 stars more!! Do we have to be so picky with star rating -_-?). If not, try to raise it just a bit and make some changes here and there.
-01:24:668 (1) At this slider, remove the whistle at the repeat, so you can hear the clap. I'd remove the sliderwhistle too, but that's personal taste...
- 01:27:942 (5) - ^
-01:38:308 (4) - Add a clap
-02:29:049 (1) - Look at 01:24:668 (1)
-02:32:323 (5) - ^
-02:42:689 (4) - Add a clap
:D!!!

->Hard
-00:40:747 (5) - Remove the clap at the end
-00:45:112 (4) - ^
-00:49:477 (3) - ^
-00:53:842 (3) - ^
-The Kiai time is like, uh well, why don't you follow the same hitsound placement that you used on normal for Kiais? Abusing the finish hitsound may make some ppl ears bleed ^^"! I found that this pattern may look nice on your Kiai Times...
Also...
-01:24:668 (1) - Remove the clap at the beginning. Add a clap at the repeat and remove the whistle from the repeat. I'd also remove the whistle from the beginning and the sliderwhistle, but that's personal taste.
-The rest of the song follows similar patterns to the above mentioned, so just follow those suggestions where you think they may fit ^^"

->Insane

Can't play, can't mod, sorry for not being as cool as you D:!! Anyway, I'd like to say that you can use hitsound suggestions from hard, but there are a lot of notes wich didn't exist in hard, so, yeah, you can't <_<. Anyway, try to use the same suggetion about the claps on the Kiai Times when you can ^^"!

Remember, as I hitsoundmod, I think how the hitsounds would sound better from MY point of view, feel free to ignore them all if you think I have a horrible taste at hitsounds :(

Nice placement, and a nice song, I think I had this in my iPod a while ago. So, yeah, star (Like if you didn't had enough alredy XD)
Topic Starter
Luvdic

Krisom wrote:

^^! HiHi! I'm not gonna mod in spanish 'cuz last time I was completely ignored <__<
Oh well.

->Normal
-Low OD made me fail, A LOT. Can you raise it just a little bit? I know you must aim for 3 stars, but the low OD really made this difficulty look awkward :/. Ask a BAT if you can aim for 3,09 stars (c'mon, it does not feels like a Hard just for having 0.09 stars more!! Do we have to be so picky with star rating -_-?). If not, try to raise it just a bit and make some changes here and there. I dont know... i guess ill wait for remmy's opinion?

-01:24:668 (1) At this slider, remove the whistle at the repeat, so you can hear the clap. I'd remove the sliderwhistle too, but that's personal taste...
- 01:27:942 (5) - ^ I guess ill pass
-01:38:308 (4) - Add a clap Done
-02:29:049 (1) - Look at 01:24:668 (1)
-02:32:323 (5) - ^
-02:42:689 (4) - Add a clap
:D!!!

->Hard
-00:40:747 (5) - Remove the clap at the end
-00:45:112 (4) - ^
-00:49:477 (3) - ^
-00:53:842 (3) - ^ Ill pass...
-The Kiai time is like, uh well, why don't you follow the same hitsound placement that you used on normal for Kiais? Abusing the finish hitsound may make some ppl ears bleed ^^"! I found that this pattern may look nice on your Kiai Times...
I tried and failed

Also...
-01:24:668 (1) - Remove the clap at the beginning. Add a clap at the repeat and remove the whistle from the repeat. I'd also remove the whistle from the beginning and the sliderwhistle, but that's personal taste.
-The rest of the song follows similar patterns to the above mentioned, so just follow those suggestions where you think they may fit ^^"

Actually... thanks to you, i think i know how to make it work now...

->Insane

Can't play, can't mod, sorry for not being as cool as you D:!! Anyway, I'd like to say that you can use hitsound suggestions from hard, but there are a lot of notes wich didn't exist in hard, so, yeah, you can't <_<. Anyway, try to use the same suggetion about the claps on the Kiai Times when you can ^^"!
What did i do to be cool? D:

Remember, as I hitsoundmod, I think how the hitsounds would sound better from MY point of view, feel free to ignore them all if you think I have a horrible taste at hitsounds :(

Nice placement, and a nice song, I think I had this in my iPod a while ago. So, yeah, star (Like if you didn't had enough alredy XD) Didnt knew how to spend my kudos stars... so i burned them all here... x: And thanks!
MaxwellDemon
Bubb.
Larto
Subjective Opinion:
Pretty neat! As I have seen in your Hijo de la Luna map, you've got quite a lot of potential. Not perfect, but this is certainly a pretty good map.
Also, I approve of your song choices =]
9/10

Insane:
00:24:652 (3) - New Combo?
03:05:741 (13) - Might seem nazi, but this note is pretty hard to see in this pattern. Mind rearranging it?

Hard:
01:41:582 (4,5) - ..spacing?

Normal:
Difficulty settings :< Increase them. Especially the overall difficulty.
I'm fine with a higher star rating here, just move the difficulty settings to something more reasonable!
...Mapping an Easy would not hurt anyways, but I won't force you to =]

Popped for the bold reasons.
Topic Starter
Luvdic

Larto wrote:

Subjective Opinion:
Pretty neat! As I have seen in your Hijo de la Luna map, you've got quite a lot of potential. Not perfect, but this is certainly a pretty good map.
Also, I approve of your song choices =]
9/10
Thanks! hehe

Insane:
00:24:652 (3) - New Combo? Done
03:05:741 (13) - Might seem nazi, but this note is pretty hard to see in this pattern. Mind rearranging it? Okay

Hard:
01:41:582 (4,5) - ..spacing? Ops, totally forgot to flips those circles too after flipping the slider...

Normal:
Difficulty settings :< Increase them. Especially the overall difficulty.
I'm fine with a higher star rating here, just move the difficulty settings to something more reasonable!
Alright then...

...Mapping an Easy would not hurt anyways, but I won't force you to =] Next time then... >_>

Popped for the bold reasons.
Larto
^_~
nektaryn
star!
great map
Sir Minelli
No, it wont beat my record.
RemmyX25
Had to half the BPM so the kiai isn't ugly, but other than that, everything checks out. Can't rank yet because of the BPM change but i can rebubble.
Larto
=]
BakFlip
It was love at first play.
Loooctav
Congratz~ lol
SilentSymphony_old
how I make taiko beatmap?
I pressed edit.. but only can use the usual beatmap (the one play with mouse)
how I change to make a taiko beatmap then?
Topic Starter
Luvdic

SilentSymphony wrote:

how I make taiko beatmap?
I pressed edit.. but only can use the usual beatmap (the one play with mouse)
how I change to make a taiko beatmap then?
Hello, you may want to check out this thread.

I really dont know anything about taiko mapping, and I havent read this thread either, but judging from its title, it should be useful for you
FireFoxZX
i liek the song but id raather have a CTB version opposed to a taiko version :/

PS:CTB rulez the world