forum

Newbie #9 - Knock! Knock! Knock! (Game End)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Royston
I thought Irre was scum an. He wasn't. Not much more I can say than that.

Scum, pls explain why you killed Sakura? I seriously don't understand, I don't think Sakura would have held back from voting me again in this situation and you could've hammered for the easy win. But hey, whatever man..
DakeDekaane
I lol'd, if I didn't doubt Caligno, I'd be voting you right now.
Amianki

Royston wrote:

I thought Irre was scum an. He wasn't. Not much more I can say than that.

Scum, pls explain why you killed Sakura? I seriously don't understand, I don't think Sakura would have held back from voting me again in this situation and you could've hammered for the easy win. But hey, whatever man..

You literally just made a case against yourself.

Why.
Royston
Why not? It would've been mentioned anyway
Amianki
The Sakura kill literally made no sense to me until you explained exactly why you would kill her over anyone else. That's basically what happened.

Saying things that makes you yourself look like mafia in LyLo is pretty much the exact opposite of how you should be playing it. If you thought it would have inevitably come up anyway, bringing it up faster isn't exactly protown.
DakeDekaane
The only thing I can see is a bunch of WIFOM, which scum likes to do.

Also, silly question to both of you, your reads on me.
Amianki
Your passivity is making my read of your drop rapidly.
Sakura
Good luck town

/bah post
DakeDekaane
I'm not going to vote yet if that's what you mean ;)
Amianki
Passive vs Aggressive =/= Voting vs Not Voting
Royston
so what now
DakeDekaane
Who is scum Royston?
Royston
Leaning towards Caligno at the moment
Amianki

Royston wrote:

so what now
Backing up your suspicions is a good start.
Amianki
Vote: Royston

I can't maintain interest anymore. Literally nothing has happened in this game for about three days.

Let's just end this one way or another. Dake deserves the win if he's scum either way.
DakeDekaane
It's sad I'm not scum, but I'm willing to give some time to Royston to explaing himself, he bringing up all those WIFOM isn't making me feel comfy. But Caligno jumping between Royston and Irre past days isn't either. I just can't find/get ideas how to solve this.
Royston
Nah I'm happy you're not scum, means I still have a chance at a 1-2 W-L :D

No hammer from Dake so we have our scum then.

vote: CalignoBot

Please don't put up that defeatist/bored attitude Caligno, I don't think it's going to help in your situation.

@Dake: Nothing else to say but what I said on D2, and that is Caligno's passive interaction with rEdo D1. Also notice how soon after I put my vote on Caligno his opinion of me mysteriously changed and I was town again. That's weird, you'd think if he was town and I was voting him I'd be more scum in his eyes?
Amianki
Now that I know who the scum is, I'm more interested in proving it.

While we're on the topic of D1 interactions with rEdo, let's point to how Royston's only interaction with rEdo was a very sleazy statement without any kind of read whatsoever at the bottom of page 17. He also manages to completely skirt talking about rEdo at all around the time the day ends.

---

As for rEdo's side, he starts defending Royston in the middle of page 15, then decides to start feinting pressure on him on page 17 where he states Irreversible is getting townpoints. Note that rEdo is basically stating that Royston is a significant scumread at the start of the paragraph... but ends by saying he's not sure enough to switch to voting Royston. This reeks of a distancing maneuver while being very careful not to further the wagon to a lynch.

And hey look, rEdo completely drops Royston at the top of page 19 and instead goes for Jinxy and Quotes. This makes the former paragraph look even more like nothing but a distance maneuver. He goes back to it at the bottom of page 19, but it's basically a backtrack. Now that there's a lot less benefit to bussing his partner, rEdo no longer wants to look suspicious of Royston. That's really about it, since the vast majority of the rest of D1 was just Quotes coming in, a huge shitstorm of like 6 pages of posts from only 3 people, and a lynch on rEdo after Quotes claimed cop.

And really, my passive interaction with rEdo is pretty much a lie. I was the first person to put pressure on rEdo at all and held him as a scumread for pretty much the entire day.
Royston
I meant to say rEdo's passive interaction with you, not the other way around
Royston

CalignoBot wrote:

While we're on the topic of D1 interactions with rEdo, let's point to how Royston's only interaction with rEdo was a very sleazy statement without any kind of read whatsoever at the bottom of page 17. He also manages to completely skirt talking about rEdo at all around the time the day ends.
So is this a sudden realisation or what? Hell you were voting for me on page 17 before I made my sleazy(?) statement yet you seemed to make a deliberate attempt to 'forget' about me entirely later on

CalignoBot wrote:

Unvote: Whoever I was voting
Vote: Quotes

CalignoBot wrote:

He also manages to completely skirt talking about rEdo at all around the time the day ends.
please

CalignoBot wrote:

Two entire pages popped up while I was asleep and I'm never in a mood to catch up on that amount of posts until I've been awake for a few hours. If you're going to try to use that argument, take times into account.
Amianki
Neither of your points work.

1. I 'forgot' about you later on because those two votes were on opposite ends of Quotes' entrance into the game, which basically forced the thread into a completely different direction. If you pay attention to my posts between those two, I actually was debating with people a lot without changing my vote until that post.

2. Time arguments are going to be a lot less convincing when the whole thing was a month ago and the time stamps only include days.

But whatever, my entire point is that your only mention at all about rEdo was a very passive statement that he's close to being hammered. You didn't give any sort of thoughts about pretty much anything, instead deciding to spend two paragraphs talking about the upcoming night phase.
Topic Starter
Lilac
Oh yeah umm...

...There'll be no dead QT for this game. Feel free to post all your thoughts after this game ends. Sorry about that.
DakeDekaane
aaaaaaaand I'm going to...

Vote: Royston

I won't follow my gut feeling, it is bad, look at Irre's mislynch. I'm scumz.
Topic Starter
Lilac
It looks like this was the Low this time.

Royston the Vanilla Townie was lynched D4.

CalignoBot, Mafia Goon has won and DakeDekaane has endgamed. This is an official mafia win.

MVP D1: Quotes.
MVP D2: CalignoBot.
MVP D3: No One. Really, that was terrible.
MVP D4: CalignoBot.

Town MVP: Quotes.
Scum MVP: CalignoBot.

GJ guys.
Topic Starter
Lilac
Feel free to give comments about anything after this.
Irreversible
my only comment is: OH MY GOD
DakeDekaane
;_;
Irreversible
A question, what is MVP?
Irreversible
(most voted players?)
Topic Starter
Lilac
Most Valuable Player.
pieguyn
wow I guessed right at the end o/
gj
Irreversible
I guessed the right nearly the whole game :'c
Amianki
Scum QT

There's not a whole lot there. It was really just me posting my kills and rambling about nothing to myself for a while.

Anyway, this game makes my scum win percentage 100% when a scum was lynched day 1. It's also the first time I didn't play like total shit as scum.

I don't actually remember why exactly I went for the Lilac or Sakura kills since I didn't post them in the scum QT at all. I remember I was considering a Dake kill as well on N2, but I went with Jinxy in the end.
DakeDekaane
That L-1 on Irre in D3, the switching between Irre and Royston in D2 and your interaction with Quotes in D1, called my attention, but I ended up considering Royston due all the WIFOM he had been throwing and I thought he was scum trying to act like VI, gg :p
Amianki
Yeah, that was incredibly lucky.

I have this really weird meta where I play very similarly as both alignments, but I'm absurdly easy to read in most games. My actual alignment is pretty much always obvious by the time I've been playing the game for about 3-4 in-game days.

That would probably explain why I almost never get lynched as town...

EDIT: The fake-VI card was actually something I was prepared to pull out too if Royston put up enough of a fight. I really have to admit though, I wasn't expecting him to fight back as hard as he did at the end there. I was mentally hitting myself all through work today after I figured out a plausible explanation for rEdo to act the way he did towards me and that made me panic when I saw the game had ended when I got home.
Irreversible
.. T~T
Royston
I'm sorry.
rEdo
I WON WHILE GETTING LYNCHED LIKE A RETARD

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNHH

wp Caligno, you totally deserve the win :')
Sakura
Why did you kill me? I'm p.sure I would have voted Royston again and earned you an easy win.
Amianki
The scum QT goes into that.

TL;DR: I have no idea.
show more