forum

[Archived] Spectate cursor bug

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Amanda
Problem Details:

when you spectate someone it will say: Buffering 96,5% and when it starts again the cursor will suddenly just stop and start going slowly to one side while the notes will just keep going and Disapear whitout it saying it's a miss or anything. after a bit of time the cursor will start moving again. when it starts moving it'll miss a few but after that just spectate as normally and the acc and the combo will go to what it is. (while the cursor is going slowly over the screen the combo and acc wont change) and this will keep happening randomly until the beatmap/song ends

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/992469

osu! version: 20130918.3 (latest)
MillhioreF
The cursor movement issue happens when there's a "hole" in the spectator data, and no movement or hit info is sent for that particular group of notes. It's very likely caused by the excess buffering, which I've definitely seen a lot of today...
Topic Starter
Amanda

MillhioreF wrote:

The cursor movement issue happens when there's a "hole" in the spectator data, and no movement or hit info is sent for that particular group of notes. It's very likely caused by the excess buffering, which I've definitely seen a lot of today...
ohh.. okay then. but what's is the problem with the server going offline all the time atm?
- Marco -
follow @osustatus on twitter :D

bancho ran a full disk check and is now rebooting.
Luffy-Kun
This problem use to happen quite rarely, but now it happens more than 80% of time for me when I am spectate a player. I see people chatting about it and complaining, so It's not just me~ Would be great if this problem can get fixed soon.. I love spectating my favorite players quite often : )
Marcin
Yes it does happen for me either, but I'm not sure about confirming it, since it's probably bancho problem.
neonat
Lol it's so buggy right now when it bugs at the spinner the annoying sound just keeps going and going lol, and even if the player finishes playing, when you try and watch replay, it might just fail when he clearly has finished the song.
Alleria
Kinda got the same problem the cursor stops in the middle for a second then slowly drags it's way down to the bottom then it catches up. It happens VERY often aswell.
MillhioreF
It's definitely been happening worse and more often recently. I haven't seen it happen much today though, so the problem might be mitigated somewhat.
Luffy-Kun

MillhioreF wrote:

It's definitely been happening worse and more often recently. I haven't seen it happen much today though, so the problem might be mitigated somewhat.
Well, It's happening as I post this right now..
Topic Starter
Amanda
It stopped for me. I think I might have been the osu! Server that was lagging because of some "server problems" not sure if it stopped for everyone but it seems like it stopped for me ^^
Kyujuroku 96
This happens in CtB too but playing windowed made it stop at least to me