fripSide - sister's noise (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Melophobia

UnitedWeSin wrote:

[Insane]
  1. 00:41:782 (1) - I'm sorry I really can't agree with that slider having the extra repeat. I think it's a really unintuitive pattern, especially because you are stacking the stream on the end of the slider.

The extra repeat is really unexpected, especially if you know the song, and it ending on the blue tick is hitting along with nothing in the music. I talked with a few other people and they agreed that the pattern is confusing when it doesn't need to be. By nothing in the music you mean there's no sound at 00:42:720 - ? I think otherwise.. there's actually a sound which is more noticeable than the bass-drum. That's why that slider originally had an extra repeat. But yeah, I can tell why you think it's confusing thus I replaced it with 2 sliders according to kajiyatta's suggestion so it is now less confusing imo (hopefully). i'm not sure if you're fine with it so i'd like to get your opinion on it. (at least i really love the current one.)

I'll try again with some different options here:

You could have a 1/2 slider at 00:41:782 to reflect the 00:41:365 (6) and then use a rhythm like so:

Or you could try a triplet after the 2 instead:

More Bland Options
    Single circles with jumps might be nice:

The classic:

Please consider changing in the Hard diff also.
  2. 00:57:407 (5) - Finish on head?
I have nothing else to say. Please consider changing that pattern and let me know. :)
Thanks for the further explanation!

kajiyatta wrote:

As requested.
[General]
add silenced soft-sliderslide? I-it's not like I forgot to add it or anything...
[Easy]
Rhythm
01:25:949(1) it would be a bit difficult for newbie because of after a spinner. so try to put more simply like this? A slider is even easier than a circle to hit imo~
Hit Sonud
00:36:782(1) add finish at head Fixed.
[Normal]
Placement
01:08:032(6,1) just suggestion, it would be good flow for me. The flow between (5) and (6) will be even worse imo.
Rhythm
00:54:907 add a note? it is effective for the next slider. Good point.
[Hard]
Placement
00:57:616(4) add NC same as Insane? Fixed.
01:23:449(9)^ No.
Rhythm
00:08:241 not sure, but add a note better. it would follow the drum sound and look effective. Cool.
01:02:407(2,3) current looks fine, but to follow the vocal, it would be more fine. Ingoring many vocals in this difficulty in order to reduce its difficulty.
01:15:741(2,3)^ ^
[Insane]
Placement
00:23:866(3) super nazi, x should be 344. Ok.
01:16:574(5) to make a nice flow, move up better. The current one flows better to me. (Or I just like the way it flows..)
01:23:449(9) add NC for pattern. I know it's inconsistent with 00:23:449 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - but the pattern is differently configured and a newcombo there would make the pattern look worse.
Rhythm
00:17:407(2,3,4) current looks fine, but slider should start at 00:17:511 to follow the vocal I suppose. e.g) Fixed.
00:22:616(3) I know you followed the drum sound at 00:22:928, but it sounds weak than vocal at 00:22:824, so to put simply better. Keeping this for the sake of consistency.
00:41:782(1) it is allowed for normally Insane. but to be honestly, I suppose you can make it more consistent.
As UWS said, I don't follow this point the stream begins on the end of slider with double kicks. Thus, blank from 00:42:720 to 00:43:032 looks not good, and may cause confused.
To keep consistence, pick a drum sound at 00:42:824 better, here is example. if you do it, you can stack stream on the last note, it will look fine.
But, I suppose it looks fine in the Hard diff since it should be simple Rhythm. Fixed the rhythm accordingly, but I rearranged the placement in my own way.
00:45:324 add a note to follow the instrumental. for me, this blank looks a bit weird. Fixed.
Hit Sonud
00:57:616(1~8) How about add decrescendo? it seems to really great effect before kiai-time. I don't think it sounds that great.
overall fine I suppose. good luck~
Thank you for this awesome mod! It helped a lot. :D
Naichatta
UnitedWeSin
Just a few more things, feel free to deny.~

[Insane]

1. 00:32:407 (1) - How about moving this NC to 00:31:782 (6)? Seems to follow vocals nicer here imo. I think the jump down to the 00:32:407 (1) is still perfectly intuitive without the NC there.
  2. 00:42:407 (2,3) - Feel free to ignore, but I'll complain a little more about this. I guess by having the 2 end at 00:42:720 on the blue tick you're following that guitar sound. I think that's alright and all, but I think it would be much better to include the bass hit at 00:42:616 in the mix. Can you try shortening the 2 by 1/4 and adding another circle to make a triplet? Here's what I did:
[Easy]
  1. What do you think about reducing AR by 1 tick? I think it's a bit too fast in this spread.
So nazi orz
Topic Starter
Melophobia

UnitedWeSin wrote:

Just a few more things, feel free to deny.~

[Insane]

1. 00:32:407 (1) - How about moving this NC to 00:31:782 (6)? Seems to follow vocals nicer here imo. I think the jump down to the 00:32:407 (1) is still perfectly intuitive without the NC there. That was actually my mistake, fixed accordingly.
  2. 00:42:407 (2,3) - Feel free to ignore, but I'll complain a little more about this. I guess by having the 2 end at 00:42:720 on the blue tick you're following that guitar sound. I think that's alright and all, but I think it would be much better to include the bass hit at 00:42:616 in the mix. Can you try shortening the 2 by 1/4 and adding another circle to make a triplet? Here's what I did: Hmm, I prefer to keep it as it is since i think the bass-drum isn't really noticeable compared to 00:42:720 - and the current one plays better to me - i tried the triplet but it didn't play good to me since the pattern was too streamy.

[Easy]
  1. What do you think about reducing AR by 1 tick? I think it's a bit too fast in this spread. Alright.
So nazi orz
Thank you. :D
UnitedWeSin

It should have happened long ago, but I'm glad I had the honor of doing it. :3
kanpakyin
Nice mapset!

Ranked!

(ノ・ω・)ノ
Rare
omedesu
Kyouren
Gratzz!!