Nope
15.78%
Later
16.67%
Total votes: 450
show more
Topic Starter
Mianki
Oh right there was one. It's been dead for awhile.
XPJ38
Is this 2DS a late April Fool's prank? I am so puzzled right now...

I mean, come on, it isn't foldable, its battery life is similar to the original 3DS' and it doesn't have 3D, the initial main sale argument of Nintendo? What's the point?

edit: just saw its price. Could be interesting for people with low budget, but isn't it more interesting to buy a used original 3DS?
Jinxy

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

I know it's supposed to be for children (that's why it's that bulky), but it's still pretty hideus.
Yeah, this is what I'm curious about. How does the design make it "for children"? I mean, I'm assuming kids these days still have the ability to flip open things?

It's bulkier for no good reason. The only vaguely child-friendly thing I can see is the lack of 3D which tires the eyes out and also the cheaper price for parents, but really, why even make it non-foldable?
BrokenArrow
Man I was actually waiting for a new DS to come out for quite some time now because I still only have a DS Lite and I don't think the jump from Lite to 3DS is that huge to be worth 200$
but Nintendo coming up with this thing now.. meh, seems like I gotta wait another 2 years. :c or just go for the PS Vita instead
Ekaru
This announcement is big enough to warrant a new thread, guys - Well, more like it's hilarious enough to warrant its own thread. *fixes*
Card N'FoRcE

Jinxy wrote:

I'm assuming kids these days still have the ability to flip open things?
Exactly, kids are so good at flipping DSs open that they snap them in half.
Ekaru

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

I'm assuming kids these days still have the ability to flip open things?
Exactly, kids are so good at flipping DSs open that they snap them in half.
When I was a 7th grader I broke the top screen of our Nintendo DS by putting it in my backpack and then magical things happening so that's an extremely good point, and even though it was fixed it has still had a broken hinge for who knows how long. Here it's only one screen separated by plastic coverings so that's a lot less likely to happen.
Quaraezha
Oh I get it now.
It's just one big screen that's covered with the casing to look like it's two.
No wonder it's cheap. It's pretty much a tablet.
rust45

Blazevoir wrote:

As much of a Nintendo fangirl I am, this is just plain-out stupid.

1) Design is ugly as heck.
2) How would you carry that around?
3) Would people even buy it?

Sorry that I couldn't find a bigger pic... Anyway, it's pretty much a rip-off in my point of view. I know there are some people who don't like playing with the 3D, but...
Wait, the 2DS has dual cameras even though it's not in 3D? Wow.
Azure_Kite

rust45 wrote:

Wait, the 2DS has dual cameras even though it's not in 3D? Wow.
Just because you can't see your images in 3D doesn't mean other people won't want to steal your SD card so they can see your images in 3D.
NaomiMinette

Quaraezha wrote:

Oh I get it now.
It's just one big screen that's covered with the casing to look like it's two.
No wonder it's cheap. It's pretty much a tablet.
(Seeing as this wasn't posted yet *looks at mm*) Speaking of which, this was an interesting read: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/08/how-the-2ds-could-have-been-nintendos-first-true-portable-tablet/
Quaraezha
Azure_Kite
Lol'd
Blue Stig
Finished Dream Team.
Had some nice music in it as always.

I still prefer the Superstar Saga bros attacks. All the other games used too many props and stuff.
NaomiMinette
How does the whole game compare to the previous games?
Blue Stig

Blazevoir wrote:

How does the whole game compare to the previous games?
It reminded me of Bowser's Inside Story.
Except with motion gimmicks as well as touch screen gimmicks.
I mean they...work...and are...fun...but I think the main game is suffering a bit.

Mild vague endgame spoilers
I kind of expected Antasma to put more of a fight rather than just pop.
I also was disappointed that the final boss sequences bosses had so many save points.

It was worth buying and I would play it again but...I was kind of disappointed at the end.

Edit: Also the visuals reminded me of Super Mario RPG a bit. Just a bit.
Edit2: Also Popple's back.
Edit3: Also I think I might have been disappointed because I've played the other games and expected too much as a result.
NaomiMinette
So apparently Nintendo's lost it... http://nintendo1ds.com/
NotEvenDoomMusic

Blazevoir wrote:

So apparently Nintendo's lost it... http://nintendo1ds.com/
it's an hoax.
though, a really well made hoax.

basic rule:
never believe #osu chat.
NaomiMinette
...Well made indeed... Would be nice if it was real... maybe. Wonder how long it'll take before Nintendo takes down that site, lol.

Anyway, anyone feel like doing this? http://www.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-3ds/Set_Up_Your_Own_StreetPass_Relay
Agent cheiften
Say, I'm on a 3DS right know. Anybody want to trade 3DS friend codes?

I'll share mine if you share yours. :)
mm201
Soaprman
Just dumping a ton of friend codes willy-nilly into your 3DS probably won't get you anywhere. You're better off finding a multiplayer game that others around here play and joining them.
jericho2442
sooo i bought steamworld dig on the eshop for 8 euros......so....damn....addictive.. xD

i really advise checking it out, great gem
Azure_Kite
It's an awesome game, but it's all over in a few hours ;~;
Trash Boat
does this thread applies for 2DS players?
NaomiMinette

battler077 wrote:

They fall under the same category, though Ekaru DID make a separate thread for it.
Justykanna

Blazevoir wrote:

battler077 wrote:

They fall under the same category, though Ekaru DID make a separate thread for it.
p/2555461
Right here, battler077
Ekaru
The 2DS is a 3DS, so yes, you count as part of the club.

The point of the other thread is because the announcement was significant enough to warrant its own thread. It doesn't replace this thread or anything.
SuzumiyaBR
4270-1465-1694
Pokémn Mysteru Dungeon Gates of Infinity
Pokémon X
NaomiMinette
Seems like Sonic is coming back to SSB Wii U/3DS:

Full video/details here.
Trash Boat

Blazevoir wrote:

Seems like Sonic is coming back to SSB Wii U/3DS:

Full video/details here.
Sonic Heeerrroooesss! Sonic Heeerroooooooeeeesssss!
Azure_Kite
Revealink.
Topic Starter
Mianki
Going a bit off topic

battler077 wrote:

Sonic Heeerrroooesss! Sonic Heeerroooooooeeeesssss!
Ah, nostalgia trip.
I used to love this opening as a kid. The game itself wasn't very good but I quite enjoyed it.

Azure_Kite
So I am playing the Demo for Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies.
Professor Prinny

Azure_Kite wrote:

So I am playing the Demo for Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies.
How is it so far then?
Azure_Kite
Apart from the fanboying, it's pretty short. The graphics are awesome, and the Mood Matrix is an interesting mechanic. You only have 10-15 minutes of the first chapter, but the Judge manages to throw in a small quip ("Maybe it's a good thing this case will be wrapped up quickly. This is a demo, after all!")
Jinxy
Played the AA demo too. Man, listening to the music at the start with earphones gives me a chilling feeling. After all these years, Wright is finally back to kick ass.
Azure_Kite
I know that feel.
Professor Prinny
Indeed. Now we just need to wait for the full game to come out but for now I'll continue counting down the days till Pokemon X & Y come out.
Jinxy
So apparently, this 3DS can actually play MK7 without disconnectings now, compared to my last one. Cool.

Winning a lot in the 1k VR races, hopefully I'll get matched with higher VRs soon. I also played games with someone who had 20k VR, and he was pretty bad, normally 3rd-6th. Funny thing is, his VR was so inflated that even those who were dead last got their VR increased.

My new friend code is 4227-1534-3803, gonna add those who've posted in the X/Y thread and have their FCs in this thread.
show more