Total Posts
show more
Starry-
am enjoying it so far ouo
didn't take part in the beta so i'm only lvl5 O:
in eu-ragnarok server and everything seems fine :3
Topic Starter
Rantai
Whew it seems they fixed those server issues (seems more stable now than other maintenance).

Just in time too Dx
Azer
Welp, if any of you are on Excalibur, feel free to add 'Azer Rintarou'.
I'll be competing against Blue Garter with my free company, Noire, in a few weeks.
Starry-

Azer wrote:

I'll be competing against Blue Garter with my free company, Noire, in a few weeks.
need more 1017 pls
get transfer pass and transfer to ragnarok eu right now owo

~~
Crafting is so much effort ;u; I just wasted all my gil on Bronze Ingots asdf worst idea ever.
Topic Starter
Rantai

Azer wrote:

Good luck ^^

We've got RareEx and Conviction to compete with ;_; (though I doubt they're as well known as Blue Garter)

Also this is my ritual for 30 mins every time I log in ;_;

Why you got to be so popular Hyperion.
Wishy
Do you seriously have to wait to login?

Guess I'll wait another year before trying this. :/
Topic Starter
Rantai
As it stands there are too many people logging in to the servers.

They're expanding the server capacity at the moment, expecting it around the weekend.
Noobita
anyone playing on ragnarok? ._.
Azer

Wishy wrote:

Do you seriously have to wait to login?

Guess I'll wait another year before trying this. :/

I'll just... drop this here..
Starry-

Noobita wrote:

I'm on ragnarok :D
1017 is super pro \:3/. But nowdays I can usually bypass it within 4-5 tries ouo (Compared to a few days ago, spent 30 minutes spamming ;-;)
Noobita

Starzd wrote:

Noobita wrote:

I'm on ragnarok :D
1017 is super pro \:3/. But nowdays I can usually bypass it within 4-5 tries ouo (Compared to a few days ago, spent 30 minutes spamming ;-;)
what's your name? ;P
Tetsu_old
Just downloaded the game today. I'm on Sargatanas.
Topic Starter
Rantai
This storyline, wow.

They didn't disappoint (though it picks up only after Titan

Also:

Oops.
Ivalset
Hit 50 WHM last night, game is pretty fun. I'm really terrible at healing, but that's completely masked by the fact that people are terrible at dodging aoes.

Best part about this game is the music though. Garuda theme is too sick.
Cyclone
As a pugalist, can the tanks of this game please be aware our goal is to be behind the enemy. Stop moving between every single attack. It makes my job hard. Thanks.
Ephemeral
great game, 1017 is the most fucking annoying thing ever and 2002 is even worse
awp

Cyclone wrote:

As a pugalist, can the tanks of this game please be aware our goal is to be behind the enemy. Stop moving between every single attack. It makes my job hard. Thanks.
as a THF from FFXI, I sympathize
Skywards_old
I have few question about this game.
1. After u buy the game. How long do u have until the monthly pay starts?
2. Hows the combat? Is like any other game? Can u guys give me example of a game that is similar combat system?
Noobita

Skywards wrote:

I have few question about this game.
1. After u buy the game. How long do u have until the monthly pay starts?
2. Hows the combat? Is like any other game? Can u guys give me example of a game that is similar combat system?
1. After you buy the game you get 30 days subscription included with it (i think)
2. Combat is like in WoW or GW2 (click and wait) but you can move freely while attacking
Topic Starter
Rantai
Seems like the Moonfire Faire is back and without the relentless looped elevator music.

Page 1 showcases the best of the festival; swimsuits, catgirls and mankinis. Everything you could ever want. And lolis

On a side note, finally grabbed my Gae Bolg relic quest. Just did the Chimera fight, not looking forward to the many wipes on Titan though (Ifrit and Garuda are relatively easy).
Justykanna
Downloaded the game today.
Apparently this week is/was free for the people that purchased the original.
I can't believe my authenticator still works. xD

Only played a an hour or so. Combat 'actually' works now and I don't remember it being 'that' detailed.
It's nice that they kept my old character with his gear, levels, etc and they let me change him around.
Graphics are insane - though I remember liking them before anyway.
I'm impressed with what I've done.
Topic Starter
Rantai
Today in Hyperion.

I swear every crazy thing happens here. And I got my Gae Bolg +1 today :3
Blaziken
Downloading the patch for this now. Actually had to use LAN since my wlan is shit tier for downloading. 0.00mbps.
EDIT: Now I gotta refresh dis server selection until Odin is free.
Ivalset
For some reason, crafting is really enjoyable in this game. I started out making a goldsmith just because all my friends were doing different crafts, now I have a 50 goldsmith/carpenter/leatherworker and spend all of my time crafting HQ craft gear sets and watching the marketboard. I don't even have a real use for all of the money I make aside from getting more money to make my various stats ever so slightly higher.

It's really shitty that the ilvl 70 gear is locked behind philo stones, though. I guess it'll be fine once that market develops, but until then it's painful.
Topic Starter
Rantai
foulcoon
I'm playing this shit.

50 BRD, GSM, LTW on Midgardsormr. I stream sometimes, my coil group sucks and barely cleared turn 4.
awp
early 30s GSM/WVR, early 20s THM

legit as hell tho

also shout out to IMPRESARIO in the Halloween event

FF14 is jam-packed with throwbacks to earlier FFs and I kinda wonder how many people recognize them

Did a quest in Ul'dah where I fought some thugs in the streets and it played the battle music from FF2j and man I was so happy

FF2j's battle music was the best of the NES battle themes
Justykanna

awp wrote:

Did a quest in Ul'dah where I fought some thugs in the streets and it played the battle music from FF2j and man I was so happy
My brother noticed that too, he loved it.

awp wrote:

F14 is jam-packed with throwbacks to earlier FFs and I kinda wonder how many people recognize them
Yup, that's the appeal I've been hearing.
foulcoon
after spending hours wiping last week, my group straight up 1 shot coil turns 1-4, less than an hour. turn 5 attempts this weekend :D
Ivalset
Yeah, my group spent like a good week pounding our head against turn 4, then we changed one thing (prioritizing 2nd dread, feeding bugs to 3rd dread after 2nd is dead) and it's been pretty much flawless since then.

Haven't tried turn 5 though yet.
foulcoon
Will try to stream coil tonight, around 7:30 PM PST

http://twitch.tv/ghettowitness
Topic Starter
Rantai
So I finally got all my crafts to 50, all that's left is my gathering classes (ugh).

I'm really excited for 2.1, especially Titan extreme (considering how many free merc runs we do, it'd be nice to see a harder version; screw win sellers and their ways) and housing. Not so happy about the CT 8 man, pug alliance only system though. That's going to be a huge dampener on my enjoyment (ew pugs).

I may or may not be sad that there is no Nanamo pet =.=
Justykanna

Rantai wrote:

So I finally got all my crafts to 50, all that's left is my gathering classes (ugh).

I'm really excited for 2.1, especially Titan extreme (considering how many free merc runs we do, it'd be nice to see a harder version; screw win sellers and their ways) and housing. Not so happy about the CT 8 man, pug alliance only system though. That's going to be a huge dampener on my enjoyment (ew pugs).
Never got to 50. Subbed for a month, then didn't resub (time sink, paying for two MMOs sucks).

I couldn't stand leveling Botany - though it was a lot more tolerable when I spammed Leves.

The Ifrit and Titan (assuming that's the Titan you're referring to) was sooooo much fun. Are there other Primal fights?
And yes, ew pugs. When we actually did Titan, we had an Archer (yes, Archer, not Bard) run across and into the Titan's line-knockback... He/she wasn't the brightest...
Topic Starter
Rantai
If you never made it to 50 then I assume you only did the storyline version.

There is another storyline fight with Garuda but all 3 pale in comparison to their hard modes (technically still part of the story). Ifrit and Garuda (basically the same stuff) aren't very challenging but Titan has been a pretty big blockade for a lot of people (if you thought pugs were bad at dodging weights or landslides...). It is at least 10x more fun than the storyline version though. Coils is even better though, especially turn 5 and its bunch of pain.

Recently we tried to do a 7 PLD/1 SCH run and a 7 SMN/1 SCH run. First one went well, second one went to crap very quickly Dx

And yeah leves are the only thing keeping me sane as I round out my last classes.
Justykanna

Rantai wrote:

If you never made it to 50 then I assume you only did the storyline version.

There is another storyline fight with Garuda but all 3 pale in comparison to their hard modes (technically still part of the story). Ifrit and Garuda (basically the same stuff) aren't very challenging but Titan has been a pretty big blockade for a lot of people (if you thought pugs were bad at dodging weights or landslides...). It is at least 10x more fun than the storyline version though. Coils is even better though, especially turn 5 and its bunch of pain.

Recently we tried to do a 7 PLD/1 SCH run and a 7 SMN/1 SCH run. First one went well, second one went to crap very quickly Dx

And yeah leves are the only thing keeping me sane as I round out my last classes.
Nah. Leveled to 38. I used the story for quests if that's what you're asking. I did side quests when I couldn't continue the main story without leveling.

We actually ran a bunch of dungeons with some pugs that weren't half bad. That archer was really the only 'bad' one we had. Usually I'd be fine with that though since we had our tank, healer and melee covered. But they weren't even a Bard yet. I mean, come on. It might be just me, but I find dodging stuff to be a touch slower than I'm using to (than World of Warcraft or Ragnarok Online 2). But they ran INTO an attack.

How's Titan get harder? I mean... he wasn't easy but... xD

You had to be killing the boss insanely slow with seven Paladins... lols.

I didn't get terribly far with a lot of classes. I really only concentrated on Culinarian and Botanist, since my sister in law got the armor stuff and my brother got the weaving stuff. I really only 'started' Culinarian and Botany when I poped 30 on my main class. xD
Ivalset
Most of the people I was playing with have quit, so to kill time I've been doing only DF titan HM pugs this week to cap myth.

I think I've spent at least 12-14 hours this week with 6 successful runs. I'd be doing more now, but maintenance. I actually really enjoy duty finder Titan, most people there have been struggling for weeks+ to get their relic and are some combination of terrible and frustrated. There is no finer form of entertainment.

As far as 2.1, the only thing I'm really looking forward to is inventory sort and warrior changes. Still don't really like how any of the classes play and am kind of waiting for new jobs/classes.
Justykanna

Ivalset wrote:

Most of the people I was playing with have quit
It's really unfortunate. It's not that it's a bad game either. =/

Ivalset wrote:

As far as 2.1, the only thing I'm really looking forward to is inventory sort
I wanted that when I was playing... inventory was a mess. D=
awp
I've been meaning to pick this up again but I've been really busy and I think the group that dragged me in has stopped playing as well.
Topic Starter
Rantai
Oh hell yes, Hildebrand is making his FABULOUS return.

Don't even care about the rest of the patch at this stage.
wolfn
I'm pretty excited for the new patch. A few friends and I have been trying to get a coil static so we can start going for turn 5, but not much progress yet. PvP sounds interesting; it also sounds like it will be a mess... Regardless, I'm glad to get some new content. omg extreme Titan omg

I didn't play ffxi or ffxiv 1.0; can anyone make an educated guess on likely classes/jobs to be added?
show more