forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Birdy
That's just terrible. But every generation has to have at least one super lame one, so yeah.
NaomiMinette
deadbeat
if we're going to start talking about bad designs for this generation, i'm gonna having to say Honedge. i just don't get it :<
mm201
Honedge isn't much different in style to Bronzong, Cosupporterrigus, or Claydol. It's one of those engimatic "ancient" sort of things. And it's badsss.
deadbeat
i'm sorry, i just can bring myself to like it :(
Topic Starter
Ekaru
An X/Y thread looks extremely likely now. Who wants to make it when the time comes? :P (Admins preferred so that people take the "No spoilers outside this thread" rule more seriously)
Birdy
/vote mm201
deadbeat
i'll do it. i get the game before most other people due to time zones anyway :p

if not me, then blaze
mm201
Let's make it a race. Whichever fruity name gets there first.
NaomiMinette
Whoever's downloading X/Y at midnight their time will most likely make the thread. I won't since I'll be getting the physical copy of X (and even if they do a midnight launch event (which I doubt they'll do), I still wouldn't be able to get it right away).
deadbeat
i'm hoping so badly that EB is doing a midnight launch. maybe i'll go ask then on the way home
Topic Starter
Ekaru
The thread should be made whenever the leaks come out from people who have naughty retailers.
Trash Boat

Blazevoir wrote:

Whoever's downloading X/Y at midnight their time will most likely make the thread. I won't since I'll be getting the physical copy of X (and even if they do a midnight launch event (which I doubt they'll do), I still wouldn't be able to get it right away).
How could you download a 3DS ROM? Theres not such thing that could emulate total or parcially a 3DS game by the moment, and i doubt it will be
Norbi

battler077 wrote:

How could you download a 3DS ROM? Theres not such thing that could emulate total or parcially a 3DS game by the moment, and i doubt it will be
If I'm correct, you will be able to download the game from the Nintendo eShop for your 3DS.
NaomiMinette

Norbi wrote:

If I'm correct, you will be able to download the game from the Nintendo eShop for your 3DS.
^ This
Trash Boat

Norbi wrote:

ok i can understand that, but an emulator? no way. also its illegal to emulate stuff(except if u own both the game and the console, i think)
NaomiMinette
Enough with the emulation talk, and get back on topic.
Jinxy

battler077 wrote:

Norbi wrote:

ok i can understand that, but an emulator? no way. also its illegal to emulate stuff(except if u own both the game and the console, i think)
You can purchase it and download it directly to your 3DS, it's not pirating nor emulation. It's like Steam, for example
Birdy

Blazevoir wrote:

Enough with the emulation talk, and get back on topic.
deadbeat
Cloudchaser

deadbeat wrote:

Awesome. I'm gonna cry because I don't have a 3DS and money. ;_;
Birdy
Start saving for a 2DS then. Or a used 3DS.
NaomiMinette
Waiting on the Braixen mahou shoujo fanart.
Queen Chan

Blazevoir wrote:

Waiting on the Braixen mahou shoujo fanart.
yes
unf
Trash Boat
just when everybody thought Garchomp could not be even awesome since its TCG Dragon-type release, appears Mega-Garchomp! it has axes for arms! but Mega-Mewtwo X seems to be a Super Saiyajin-like Pokémon(those who are familiarized with Dragon Ball Z will understand it)(LIKE thumb up)
NaomiMinette
I don't care what Mega Mewtwo X may reference. I just like how it looks over its Y version. (I still like its original form the most, though.)

What I'll probably hate is that its X version is part Fighting while the Y version will be an OP Sp. Atk. form.
Trash Boat
who knows Blazevoir? certain Pokémon that Mega-evolved adquired a new type. besides there are certain Psychic/Fighting such as Meditite/cham and Gallade and they are awesome, talking about X/Y which version would you buy and which starters you'll choose guys?
bmin11
This Mega Mewtwo is apparently Psychic/Fighting-type and has the ability Steadfast.
Well, fighting type is a good type to attack with, so being able to STAB with it wouldn't hurt.
NaomiMinette
I'm not against Mega Evolutions getting new types. It's just now this is making me more torn as to which one I want.

Anyway, I chose X (might swap if any more new info comes out that interests me me), and I'm DEFINITELY picking Fennekin. Kanto starter will probably be Charmander (no, I don't care if I'm raising two Fire-Types in the beginning).
Trash Boat
wow 2 Fire-type starters, thats rough! Trainers watch out with Blazevoir, she's on fire!(JK). anyway i'll also pick Fennekin but with the Kanto starters,mmmmm....... and also i'll pck X version. but it now Garchomp has a Mega-evolution, who will be the next? Mega-Hydreigon or Mega-Dragonite?
deadbeat
don't forget the torchic. 3 fire starters /o/
Professor Prinny
Definitely going for the fire starters this gen. As I have with every other generation.
NaomiMinette

deadbeat wrote:

Ah yeah, thanks for reminding me \o\

THREE FIRE STARTERS FTW!
deadbeat

Blazevoir wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

Ah yeah, thanks for reminding me \o\

THREE FIRE STARTERS FTW!
my line up team is gonna be terrible with 4 fire types :<
3 starters + arcanine
Trash Boat
wow 4 Fire-type.. please somebody give me an extinguisher!!! lol
deadbeat

d'aww
NaomiMinette

deadbeat wrote:

my line up team is gonna be terrible with 4 fire types :<
3 starters + arcanine
*pats on shoulder* Good luck -.- b

deadbeat wrote:

d'aww
Lol, I've actually watched the original show before. That ending surprised me XD
Norbi
Blazevoir, you're not the only one who's going with the same type. I'm gonna start with Chespin (even though the second evolution looks ugly) and Bulbasaur. I've always started the games with the grass types. Except for a second game from the same generation. Also, I think I might be getting my 3DS and my Pokémon X version on the same day.
rust45
I'll likely get Fenekin and Sqruitle. The Torchic I'll just stuff in the box cause I don't really like using event pokemon in game.
Azure_Kite
Bulbasaur
Chikorita
Treecko

They're gonna be amazing. Megalutions be damned.
show more