forum

Shinedown - Devour

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TiZ
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 12:45:13 AM

Artist: Shinedown
Title: Devour
BPM: 177
Filesize: 7033kb
Play Time: 03:35
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.95 stars, 234 notes)
  2. Hard (4.44 stars, 338 notes)
  3. Insane (4.77 stars, 423 notes)
Download: Shinedown - Devour
Download: Shinedown - Devour (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Why hello there. This is my very first beatmap. I figured there wasn't enough Hard Rock in osu (I don't mean the difficulty; I mean the genre, of course), so I figured I'd do this song.

It's Devour by Shinedown, a new single that was released May 5, from their album The Sound of Madness, to be released June 24. Three difficulties: Normal, Hard and Insane. And Insane is truly insane. You have been warned.
Topic Starter
TiZ
New difficulty, and tiny adjustment to Cruisin'.
Saturos
Cruisin':
Fine, imo. ;x

Sweatin':
Overall, the map felt kind of odd/forced by having it filled with the double hits. Still a nice bridge between Cruisin'/Insane!!, though.

Insane!!:
01:45:22 (3,4) - This is the only jump left in the map I don't agree with. It's manageable, but annoying. Optional change.
02:11:32 (5) - Slider ends a quarter beat early.
03:29:96 (5) - Same as above.

Overall, I'm okay with all the copy pasta in the maps, but some other mods may not be. Nice work.

*stars*
Topic Starter
TiZ
Insane!!'s kinks are fixed. Sweatin' may need to be renovated heavily. I'll see what I can do about it.

EDIT: It doesn't look like I can do much about it right now. If anyone has ideas, I'll take 'em.
Saturos
/me bubbles.

osu! is in dire need of more rock. ;x
Topic Starter
TiZ
Are Saturos and I the only ones here who like rock? C'mon, c'mon, c'mon! Let's see some comments and crits!
James
I don't like the stacked sliders at the end of every chorus, but I guess thats OK since I got it 3rd time playing through it.

Spacing is not that consistent, majority of the 100s and 50s I got in hard are due to spacing.
Notes are so close to each other but not timingwise.
Like this one, 00:57:06. The whole combo have the same spacing but the placement of the slider (7) has different placement.
And the one at 01:22:51. I doubt you'll change those bunch of sliders but I guess its better to flip this one upside down.

You get what I said so I guess you should find out yourself what other spacing problems you got on hard.

Insane is fine though since its insane.
Topic Starter
TiZ
Reworked the stacked sliders, and in turn, hopefully fixed the spacing problem they had. Also tried to fix other spacing errors. I hope I caught them all... although my eye for spacing errors is still quite untrained.
James
All good now, while playing this song It reminds me of the lyrics of Marisa and Overdrive XD

<3
ROMaster2
Just played it.

Great choice in music mate! 8-)
Topic Starter
TiZ
Sweet, ranked overnight. Thank you, guys! :D
machol30
Yay, cleared with Hidden on Insane (SH rank)! What's even more impressive is a higher accuracy than Saturos (jk, no offense). lol probably not for long anyway. Dang... not very many clears on Insane either. :(

Definitely one my favorite maps! Great song choice. Awesome work, Tiz! You deserve an A++! :)
Remco32
I just love this map :)
Ivalset
This map is pretty amazing, and the music is fine as well.

Only problem I have is the video. It's abysmal. Jesus, it's like a bad powerpoint presentation where someone finally learned how to do slide transitions and went a little overboard.
BluePaladin25
I just realized that I've been playing this beatmap over and over, but I never knew you made it. :o

Awesome job!
Lucidity
Oops ><