forum

[added] Show AR and OD in game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +213
show more
Makar
You know its available on the beatmap listing page, right? :/
Topic Starter
ryza

Makar wrote:

AR is not. Also, that's just as inconvenient to check as the editor is.
Aqo
+support. easy to implement and endlessly useful. going into Edit is frustrating.
lolcubes
This would be hard I think because while I do support it, looking at AR on taiko maps makes no sense at all. :p
Topic Starter
ryza

lolcubes wrote:

This would be hard I think because while I do support it, looking at AR on taiko maps makes no sense at all. :p
I didn't think about that, but wouldn't it be possible to make a display toggle based on game mode then?

I'm not sure how the game code works, but that doesn't seem like it should be too hard to implement.

if(game mode == osu)
then(show AR)
else(do nothing)
MMzz

lolcubes wrote:

But then we could quickly see if a user is trying to manipulate the star rating with a low/high AR in taiko without having to go into editor.
Luna
AR doesn't even have an effect on star rating
bwross

lolcubes wrote:

This just means that for Taiko you want to display SV instead, because that's what's used instead of AR to help determine scroll speed (BPM already being displayed).
Aqo
Some taiko maps have various SVs in them so you'd need to show an SV range similar to BPM range.
(on this topic, it would be nice if standard maps could use different AR sections in them)
Makar

Silynn wrote:

Makar wrote:

AR is not.
beatmap page -> "grab .osu file" -> metadata

Everything you would ever want to know is there :/ it's how I check maps in multi anyway.

Either way though, support since it would be nice to have ingame.
Keredna
I think this has been requested b4 in some older forums along with some other things, like the total number of beats there are.
But I'd also like to see this stuff getting implemented into the game, so support!
Yarissa
I support this, however I have no stars.
Tidek
+1
Devochka_old
nice idea, its nice if there is also the milliseconds time to react next to the AR.
I have no star but i support.
Wishy
This has been suggested a trillion times and I still can't believe this hasn't been implemented.
MillhioreF

Wishy22 wrote:

This has been suggested a trillion times and I still can't believe this hasn't been implemented.
because the dev team are going to implement it in osz2! http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/1656940
Wishy
osz2 = game dies, so it could be implemented before osz2 so we can actually enjoy that feature for some time.
theowest
now where's that thread about that extra beatmap information. it's here somewhere
Xaffy
This plus sort by AR/OD please.
autofanboy
Yes.
Anzo
starless support since we can search maps by its AR/OD
Wishy
Support since we can see this on edit BUT NOT ON PLAY MENU.
puncia

Anzo-nii wrote:

You can already do that. Type AR>8, OD=8 and so on in the search field.
Asagi Mutsuki

Puncia wrote:

Anzo-nii wrote:

^
enik

Puncia wrote:

Anzo-nii wrote:

omg that's cool, didn't know.
TyTy
Don't know if this was suggested yet but maybe just a command you could type in game. For instance in you are playing multi and want to know the song info AR, OD, DR all of that because you are not familiar with what the host picked.
/mapinfo or /mi maybe?
Winshley

TyTy wrote:

Don't know if this was suggested yet but maybe juuld type in game. For instance in you are playing multi and want to know the song info AR, OD, DR all of that because you are not familiar with what the host picked.
/mapinfo or /mi maybe?
It can be placed as tooltip when hovering over the map that the host has selected. Currently, you can see BPM, length, and last played date on the tooltip.
TyTy

Winshley wrote:

TyTy wrote:

Don't know if this was suggested yet but maybe juuld type in game. For instance in you are playing multi and want to know the song info AR, OD, DR all of that because you are not familiar with what the host picked.
/mapinfo or /mi maybe?
It can be placed as tooltip when hovering over the map that the host has selected. Currently, you can see BPM, length, and last played date on the tooltip.
I am familiar with that feature but there is no current way to see the AR, drain rate, overall difficulty in a match I am not aware of yet is there? Besides opening a browser and going to the beatmap page of course
Winshley
You misunderstood me... :?

I meant that, rather than typing commands, the info can be placed into tooltip instead, so you can see 7 info instead of the current 3. It's much more convenient to simply hover your cursor than to type down commands with keyboard. :P
zqx
what is ar lol
Flanster

rvbz wrote:

what is ar lol
Approach rate. Please don't bump dead threads in the future...