forum

[invalid] Hiding scoreboard at all times

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +145
show more
Shohei Ohtani

-Seren- wrote:

i think u can do this by clicking the tab button
Hiding it like this only hides it during gameplay. It still appears during the breaks no matter what you do.
winber1
place a piece of paper of the left side of your screen
Axel
Why not just remove everything?
Here is an example:

Oinari-sama
I still have this pic which someone posted on forum a long time ago. A piece of paper/cardboard/anything non-transparent will get the job done.

Topic Starter
chox_old

Oinari-sama wrote:

I still have this pic which someone posted on forum a long time ago. A piece of paper/cardboard/anything non-transparent will get the job done.

or just use flashlight? heck! closing eyes during breaks would work too!
; )
Syrus

Axel wrote:

Why not just remove everything?
Here is an example:

OMG ADD PLS
Dexus
It used to be like this, but then it was changed to where it auto showed up during breaks. It kind of bugs me that it was changed and I prefered it the other way. There are times when I just don't want to see any sort of leader board and I just want to relax and click the circles in peace.

It's a minimal request that shouldn't be hard to appease and you guys should feel bad for attacking someone for asking something so simple.
Marcin
It's not about being simple, it's about the "distraction" because, well, the score distracts too, why don't we request hiding it too? As much as I'm not against it, I just feel like you're being distracted even by the air around you.
Wishy
This reminds me that for some reason the scoreboard is always on "always show" when you start any map on multiplayer.
haxsu

Wishy wrote:

This reminds me that for some reason the scoreboard is always on "always show" when you start any map on multiplayer.
Yeah, this is something I would really like to be fixed. I hate having to always press the tab button every time I play a map on multiplayer. It gets quite annoying.

As for OP suggestion, I actually do know some people who easily get distracted over the little things during gameplay such as lifebar, combo, scoreboards, etc so I personally do not see anything wrong with this. Its not like this one suggestion is going to affect the entire gameplay of osu! or something. Just because most of your guys are not bothered by it, does not mean that it should not be added into the game. There are some who gets bothered by this.
Dexus
Edit:
I was mistaken, sorry
Topic Starter
chox_old

Marcin wrote:

It's not about being simple, it's about the "distraction" because, well, the score distracts too, why don't we request hiding it too? As much as I'm not against it, I just feel like you're being distracted even by the air around you.
you can get rid of score accuracy life bar and other things if you own brain, you can't get rid of scoreboard so that's why i requested it
go to whatever cave you came from, i beg you.
don't even bother to write back, just go.

i'd report him for this negativity and dumb trolling but such option is nowhere to be seen, if any admin is reading this, please, ban this person on atleast this section.
deadbeat
behave or i'll lock this. everyone is allowed an opinion, so settle down.
Shohei Ohtani

CDFA wrote:

Being mindful of special people is kind but it's not going to get something programmed into a game when the majority of players don't really see the point in it.

But there's actually a solution to this. If you don't want to see the scoreboard, just go into the Local Ranking. If you've never played the map before, it should look like this

aka. What you wanted in the first place o3o.
Since I guess nobody saw the actual solution I put into the thread and except photoshopped it like 3 times :P
deadbeat
oh i saw that, but that's a very short term solution. won't help on maps you've already completed unless you keep deleting local scores
Onisakura
Seems like unnecessary, though.
Anzo
I suddenly remembered my old skin because I was really distracted at the last 4 numbers. (not anymore though)

As for this request, nothing wrong with it.
And I agree to what RIP said.
Topic Starter
chox_old

Onisakura wrote:

Seems like unnecessary, though.
now go write that it seems to be unnecessary in every feature request you find unnecessary
laport

Syrus wrote:

Why would we need this?
for OWC (for those who don't know, competitive matches of teams of 8 experienced players from each country battling 4vs4 in multi.
the scoreboard for team vs is HUGE so this would be a great addition. No more missing at the first note of DT picks because pressing TAB first not Z/X !!

+many+support and I hope this will be added before next owc.
jesse1412
I'd also like to see the scoreboard hidden in multiplayer if it's hidden in singleplayer, I don't have a key to enable/disable the scoreboard and I have to play with it on at all times in multiplayer which would indeed be a huge problem during important matches (such as this years OWC).
Leader

jesus1412 wrote:

I'd also like to see the scoreboard hidden in multiplayer if it's hidden in singleplayer, I don't have a key to enable/disable the scoreboard and I have to play with it on at all times in multiplayer which would indeed be a huge problem during important matches (such as this years OWC).
Yes, please. If I'm so nervous to play tab before starting a relaxing multiplayer match, I don't even want to imagine what would happen if I have to play in OWC
Marcin
I think OP was referring to singe player, when scoreboard shows only on breaks, when using tab, rather than hiding it in multiplayer too.
Related t/147966
laport

Marcin wrote:

I think
Ok, that's cool but I think TS was talking about the scoreboard in general not just in solo mode based on your thought.

the scoreboard in solo is fine, and doesn't really cause any problem. Iin multiplayer however, this is the source of a big deal of stress, I'll explain how it went last time with owc:

Everyone is ready in the game, host starts the map.
"Waiting for all players" message (no way to hide scoreboard at this time) sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes as much as 30 seconds.
Lead-in time (now there is a super tiny time frame (part of a second time) to press the key to hide scoreboard, the scoreboard which is HUGE in team vs 4vs4 compared to solo or any other situation) Usually the key to hide scoreboard is kind of far away from whatever K1 and K2 are bound to, because you DON'T want to press it by accident while playing. So your left hand is now somewhere away from your K1 and K2 to hide the scoreboard but you don't really have time for it, so you end up missing the first couple notes, also partly because you certainly are unable to read anything from the first part of the map, especially if it's somewhere in a corner of the screen, oh you mappers you
It would be so much better if everyone was able to toggle this on or off in advance, not at the "Moment suprême"
Topic Starter
chox_old

Marcin wrote:

I think OP was referring to singe player, when scoreboard shows only on breaks, when using tab, rather than hiding it in multiplayer too.
Related t/147966
wow it looks like any argumentation won't do any good when it comes to such requests
dead-end.
formi

Wishy wrote:

Yeah, clicking tab every time at the start of a mp match can be very annoying. (no irony)
peppy
It's not going anywhere, no matter how many threads you start asking for this. There's already a 5 second setup period at the start of all multiplayer games should you need to toggle it.
jesse1412

peppy wrote:

It's not going anywhere, no matter how many threads you start asking for this. There's already a 5 second setup period at the start of all multiplayer games should you need to toggle it.
I disabled my toggle key so I don't awkwardly hit in accidentally during single player. At least make it carry through from single player to multiplayer.
peppy
No. Multiplayer is supposed to be played with others. If you can't accept this, don't play it.