forum

osu!test now more usable

posted
Total Posts
show more
ErunamoJAZZ
Having a forum to share might work, but I think a more immediate means of communication would give better results.
Something like a #testbuild channel on irc, only for testers.

(Unfortunately I am not support, so I can not test ;_; )
pielak213
­
Shohei Ohtani
smoogipoo
I'd like the option to remove the text overlay denoting if a user is using the test build. It does not work well with the score meter:

We currently have 4 locations which show we are using osu!test - the text overlay, the image overlay, the text bar on top of the osu! circle (http://u.nyaa.asia/agy.png) and text in top right of options.

Apart from this, I'm up for using osu!test.

Edit: Fixed as soon as I posted it :3
My Angel Kurisu
Cool, also, whoop, found first bug.
Akhlis_old
Great new here :3
I love osu!test. so "hello new home" :3
Yoshi_green
Somehow, I can't download the test build, even though I've never downloaded it before. osu!test.exe doesn't show up in my folder...

I remember there was something in the technical support forums about this problem, but I can't find it anymore :(
deadbeat
go to the extras tab at the top
Yoshi_green
oh ok, but I got this file instead:

and I'm unable to extract it. Web help for file extensions doesn't give me anything either, as I figured.
deadbeat
5 <- post there then
Rin Kagamine
Yay~
Eni
awesome
Caer Xhan
Imma try this :3
kinggi_old
XiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXiXi :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Andrea
Huh, what?

Please don't make such posts if you don't have anything useful or constructive to say.
YunoFanatic
XiXiXi?? what?? anyways osu!test is build to find bugs right now off to bug hunting :P (wish i could find one)
Butterfly
Good work, Thanks ppy :D
Kyoko watari
Good peppy ><
- Marco -

BrokenArrow wrote:

Andrea wrote:

You can always ignore the chats and stuff if that bothers you.
That's pretty hard when you are a famous person like me, y'know
:D
Biri Biri
Late to post, but good to see it's been working the way it has since implementation. Minimal issues so far.

Keep it up, ppy.
OEvil
Awesome peppy!!!!!
Your updates ROCKS
Kazutakee
Is it still open?(Writing on iPad), and does the pp rank work?
serequa
:o! nice
D33d

BrokenArrow wrote:

Andrea wrote:

You can always ignore the chats and stuff if that bothers you.
That's pretty hard when you are a famous slut like me, y'know
ftfy
kossc
After the update just now, osu continues to crash whenever i start a song. Help D:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.String.Concat(String str0, String str1)
at #on.#On.#ceb()
at #on.#On.#99()
at #Wo.#Xo.#Ls()
at #Yc.#4c.#rt()
at #Yc.#4c.#Ct(Object , EventArgs )
at #Yc.#8c.#Zt()
at #Yc.#nd.#dw(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #Yc.#nd.#It()
at #Yc.#4c.#It()
at #Wo.#Vo.#0qb(String , Boolean )
Marcin
Please report any issues in tech support posting.php?mode=post&f=5
Espionage724
Hmm, I like the update, but don't really feel too great about it being supporter-only...

I like testing pre-release programs and games and giving feedback, but why should I have to essentially pay to do this (I know it's technically "donating", but if my only intent is to test new features and give feedback...)? I like donating to projects that I find are pretty awesome; osu! was actually the first game I donated to without caring about any of the supporter features. Just hate feeling like I "have" to donate (or essentially pay is the way I look at it) to do something, especially something like testing pre-release software.

Just the way I feel about donations I guess. Can't non-supports just be able to use the test client, but not have score updating? Or maybe use the system that existed before where you could make a 3-hour (or so) temporary account for the test client?
- Marco -
you don't need to use osu! updater to download osu!test, all i just did to use osu!test was copy osu!.exe on the same folder and rename the copy to osu!test.exe, then run and do the update ^^