forum

[resolved] Big notes in taiko aren't registering well.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
Before, big notes in taiko (the ones that have to be hit with both sides of a drum) could be very loosely hit, and would still be added to the score as double the points. But now, for some strange reason, even when actually trying to hit them very accurately, the game will deny you the double points.

I've taken the liberty to make whatever-they're-called phrases about this situation in my spare time.

omg! you got 1st SS! nope, behind 100x17 for you
holy crap you DTd this? with that acc!? well, we can't put you in front of Mugetsu... he'll feel bad... (no offense to Mugetsu hentai >w<) off to behind the HR scores you go!
IS IT JUST ME!? I've heard others such as OnosakiHito and KyonkoHizara telling me they are having trouble with them as well. But, at the same time, there are many who aren't having this problem.

orz, so is it bug or am I just baka ;_;
TBTE
I have this same problem, I even put Halftime on Just to be a asshole and check stuff i don't need to be checking and will hit it perfectly, and i only get the normal amount of Points, I think this is a bug but what the hell do i know.
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
Just a note that nobody should confuse this with the "big notes are showing up as 300 in the live score thingy" that's different.
TBTE

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Just a note that nobody should confuse this with the "big notes are showing up as 300 in the live score thingy" that's different.
O you are talking about in Replays?
Tenshi
Nope, I realized I'm having the same problem after reading this.

EDIT: Looked into it some more and found out that the only problem is the number it shows being added; it still adds double the points, but it doesn't show it.
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
OH MY GOD LISTEN PEOPLE

TBTE wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

O you are talking about in Replays?
I CLEARLY STATED THAT IT'S GAMEPLAY

Tenshi wrote:

EDIT: Looked into it some more and found out that the only problem is the number it shows being added; it still adds double the points, but it doesn't show it.
THIS IS WHAT I SAID IT WASN'T

Anyways, for some miraculous reason, it seems to be fixed for me. PRAISE THE LORD, I HAVE TO GO FIX SCORES NOW.
NeoRainier
It's cause you need to press frigginly at the same time, i haven't got that problem on big D's as i use just my right hand (middle+index fingers FTW) still i can notice it when i try to hit big K's...

And actually i noticed another thing that i'd like to explain here; whenever, in a non-taiko map, you have a stream like Ddddd it's like you have to hit the double note first (obviously) and then the JUST THE RIGHT don as if you press the left one....it's like you haven't pressed anything.
Using ZXCV to make a Ddddd: XC c x c x = fullcombo while XC x c x c = x unreaded

PS:you can see it over a certain BPM
Tenshi

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Tenshi wrote:

THIS IS WHAT I SAID IT WASN'T
Ah, I re-read your second post; I forgot about it when I was posting. My bad.
OnosakiHito
//I posted this once.//

The doubble points work fine. The problem is just, osu! dosen't show them as doubble points, but it is count as it.
Why? Honestly, I still didn't get it. I'm thinking now half a year about it, but I'm sure it works 100%.
Ask people who can see the doubble points to check how often you hit them, you will be wondering.

Why I know that? Easy. I was wondering why kanopu was first without hitting big don's with doubble point, but a friend said he dose.
Few weeks ago then it was possible for me to see them too, because I took the fullscreen modus and changed back to small size.

You ask why? I also don't get this point. orz

Well be sure it works, it is just unseeable for some people.

Edit: I've understand that just few day's ago, so kind funny ozzy posted it right now.
batwoman3

TBTE wrote:

I have this same problem, I even put Halftime on Just to be a asshole and check stuff i don't need to be checking and will hit it perfectly, and i only get the normal amount of Points, I think this is a bug but what the hell do i know.
Try using Wiimote (It's easier to do so). Connect it through bluetooth. When add a device, press 1 + 2 simultaneously and you'll see NINTENDO RVL-CNT-01. Pair it without using code.

Now you need to download or install something called GlovePIE from Softonic. Find a script from the Internet about the Taiko buttions and paste it there. When ready, press run on GlovePIE. Now open osu! and go to options. Under the inputs tab, tick the "Enable Wiimote" checkbox. At the bottom right corner, it should say "Found Wiimote" and your wiimote light will beep according to the BPM of the current song playing. Now try pressing the big buttons. It's easier than on keyboard itself.

I too have the same problem using keyboard, bu with wiimote, I don't have any problem.
Hope this helps
MillhioreF
Don't bump threads, please.