forum

[confirmed] Rank of taiko/ctb/mania maps displays in osu! mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Harusame_Inaba

If you have played osu! mode (but not taiko/ctb/mania) in osu! maps, its rank won't display in taiko/ctb/mania.
The reverse is not true: taiko/ctb/mania maps display taiko/ctb/mania rank in osu! mode if you have played it.
The result is you see more A/B/C ranks than your A/B/C ranks in osu!standard and I found it annoying.

Reproduce method:
1.play a taiko/ctb/mania map
2.switch to osu!standard mode
3.select this map and it displays taiko/ctb/mania rank
Marcin
I don't quite understand the problem, the map which you show us here, is osu!mania specific, that means, the only mode you can play on this map is osu!mania, so therefor it cannot show a rank for osu! / taiko / ctb, because this map simply doesn't support these mods.
Topic Starter
Harusame_Inaba

Marcin wrote:

I don't quite understand the problem, the map which you show us here, is osu!mania specific, that means, the only mode you can play on this map is osu!mania, so therefor it cannot show a rank for osu! / taiko / ctb, because this map simply doesn't support these mods.
What I mean is it shouldn't display rank at all in osu!mode instead of "B" here.
Marcin
Oh now I see, you mean that the rank from other modes than osu!standard, is being show when you select osu!standard, but when you select other mode like taiko, it'll only show taiko scores when you use Rank filter.

Edit: here is better explanation and step to reproduce:
When you choose taiko mod, and sort by rank - only taiko maps will appear.
like this
But when you select osu! mode, the rank from other modes will be sorted like this:

How to reproduce?
1. Sort by rank in osu!mode
2. Search for some mode exclusive maps (taiko only, or mania only)
3. Wait for the rank to be updated
4. Hit escape to cancel search
5. Open the folder / category of rank you had on previous map
6. It's shown there even if it shouldn't!

Edit2: Same thing happens for other gamemodes, but you have to search for other mode-specific map than selected / osu!standard (since standard converts). ex: Mania mode will be sorted in taiko, taiko will be sorted in ctb.
TheVileOne
I managed to replicate, but it's very specific.

1. Rank on a gamemode specific mapset (not sure if it works on just a single gamemode specific map in a standard mapset) or use an existing ranked play. It has to be set in the gamemode being played for it to work for a fresh rank. Ranking in a gamemode other than the selected gamemode will create a different bug.
2. Select a gamemode other than the gamemode you played/ranked.
3. Select Rank filter and select the letter grade of the rank you want to test with
4. Check to see that the map is not included in the list.
5. Search for the map (searching changes filter to Show All)
6. Select map
7. Change gamemode to match gamemode of map.
8. Cancel search
9. Select Rank filter again, and choose any other gamemode.
10. Map should appear in listing when it had not before

There are several other bugs related to Rank filter too. This one is the most specific though.