forum

changes to all difficulties?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sleepy Tori
I'm not sure if this a good idea but i had an idea where if you change the timing point in one difficulty in a certain song. a small box would pop up that says

" Would you like to make changes to all available difficulties?"

There would be an yes and no button and a cancel button. I thought this would really help if you made a mistake when timing and if you wanted to fix it, you wouldn't have to go through every difficulty to change it. Please tell me if this is already available or if you agree.

Opinions are appreciated

*Edit

This would also be available if you're making changes to the song setup on the General tab if you decide to add tages or change Title ,Source etc...
Taadashi

snlrocks wrote:

I's not sure if this a good idea but i had an idea where if you change the timing point in one difficulty in a certain song. a small box would pop up that says

" Would you like to make changes to all available difficulties?"

There would be an yes and no button and a cancel button. I thought this would really help if you made a mistake when timing and if you wanted to fix it, you wouldn't have to go through every difficulty to change it. Please tell me if this is already available or if you agree.

Opinions are appreciated
Do you mean the offset?

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to propose. :P
Topic Starter
Sleepy Tori
Do you mean the offset?

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to propose. :P
no just certain timing points like if you want to add a kiai or remove inherited timing points.

sry should've been more clearer
Marcin
Here is something related p/850261
Topic Starter
Sleepy Tori
yes, that is related but,
what i'm trying to do is make changes to difficulties in certain situations without manually having to change it in every single difficulty.
TheVileOne
Yes! Would vote stars if I had any.
Marcin
Actually, I think it would be easy to get done through external program :3 But seeing it built-in to osu! would be awesome ! (in case if you need program like that, I can create it AiBat checks it)
Shohei Ohtani
I've been wanting to make changes like this for a while. However, the issue is that when you open up a map, you're opening up the individual .osu file. If you want to make changes, it'd have to go into every other .osu files and make said changes, which I'm not sure if osu! can currently do without opening each individual .osu file in the editor.
TheVileOne
Making changes to .osu files doesn't require the editor to be open.
Topic Starter
Sleepy Tori
maybe there would be a way to temporarely link the difficulties together?

its really tedious when you have to open every difficulty just to add a unicode title/ artist and the like :/
Marcin
As a work around, what do you think about this ?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kut2xhzi53il5 ... 215348.jpg
Can be expanded of course, that's just example.
Edit: Better design http://db.tt/8sVpFk5i

Why do I do thing which AImod checks

Actually, what do you think about this ?

Mythiax
this will really help in big mapsets like my 4 modes mapsets with 20 diffs or such

like fixing song's artist name or changing tags. good idea, too bad i have no stars left T_T
those
Sure. Like there is an .osb file that loads for each mapset, we can introduce a new .osu2 extension that is there to make certain settings be the same throughout the same mapset.

This would include, but not be limited to, Title, TitleUnicode, Artist, ArtistUnicode, PreviewPoint.
Topic Starter
Sleepy Tori
Marcin:

I kind of like that idea. of course. i would make all of those options difficulty selectable
or there could be something similar in-game with those options
Topic Starter
Sleepy Tori

those wrote:

Sure. Like there is an .osb file that loads for each mapset, we can introduce a new .osu2 extension that is there to make certain settings be the same throughout the same mapset.

This would include, but not be limited to, Title, TitleUnicode, Artist, ArtistUnicode, PreviewPoint.
That would be amazing and extremely helpful :D