forum

Rank showed in global but not local

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Zan ]
Why is it that on some songs my best rank that's shown on global isn't shown when I look at the local tab? (I want to watch the replay for some but I can't since I can't watch replays via global rank tab)
uzzi
I've encountered this through setting a score in a multiplayer room, maybe its the same thing?
Topic Starter
[ Zan ]
Nope, I got these scores by retrying the song several times :/
Thatgooey
Any time a song updates or changes in any way, you lose your local scores on it. All local scores played on the same version should be displayed as long as you complete the map on that same exact version of the song. Multiplayer, as someone else said, also forgoes keeping local scores/replays. I've never encountered a map that did not record a completed local score.
Knarf
Doubtless plays in multi will never be stored in local ranking.
Topic Starter
[ Zan ]
Most of these songs haven't been updated since I played it. Would playing at another location (let's say I go on vacation to another country) cause this (using same laptop)?
silmarilen
if its the same laptop then no, they are saved on your laptop (if someone else sends you a replay and you play it it goes into your local records aswell)

maybe your osu crashed shortly after you set the score which caused them to be removed from local records, this happens to me sometimes and i have to manually add them back by going to data>r in your osu folder and opening them.
Topic Starter
[ Zan ]

silmarilen wrote:

if its the same laptop then no, they are saved on your laptop (if someone else sends you a replay and you play it it goes into your local records aswell)

maybe your osu crashed shortly after you set the score which caused them to be removed from local records, this happens to me sometimes and i have to manually add them back by going to data>r in your osu folder and opening them.

That's another possibility, but whenever my osu crashes, the score doesn't get recorded on global as well
enik
Also it doesn't save any local scores if you force shutdown PC while osu is open. Happens to my microwave very often.
XGeneral2000
I found that if I exit the rank/score screen after the map very quickly (spamming ESC after the song), it will occasionally fail to save the replay and score locally, even though it submits correctly to the global ranking.
Elit3noob
Your replay data is located in osu!'s "data\r" folder. So always make backups of this folder is you want to keep all your past replays of any songs/beatmaps.