forum

7k BMS Charts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Doorknob_old
A similar thread was posted in the Beatmap Projects section. However I decided to post it here in hopes of getting better attention for this specific mode and that I believe there hasn't been a beatmap project specifically only for OsuMania yet in the forums.

The following includes BMS songs that has been converted into 7k charts for OsuMania. Difficulties listed here are from the insane BMS difficulty system, from level 1-24. Charts are definitely not newbie friendly, but for those looking for a challenge, you might find an interest here.

Primary link (Contains all conversions done by me and Davteezy):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sjasp930gf5qldv/LiyCW-TX09?m

Mirror (Contains only my conversions in here so far):
http://www.mediafire.com/?1nuoa4rb2apaj

All in one two BMS Pack:
https://mega.co.nz/#!cEQF2IhJ!FIa14Wh37 ... FdOxTxXas0 (My conversions)
https://mega.co.nz/#!dZBy1DRA!duww6Dwww ... p2PjtsvlN0 (Davteezy's conversions)
Hanyuu
Helped me tons in the course over 3 months :D. When i started out i could barely do level 1 and 2 songs and now my highest pass ever is angeldust level 10 and babylon level 9. Definitely good practice and and a change from different noting styles

Huge thx for both you and davteezy for providing such songs

Get a better player with this right away, allthough to be fair those are insane levels so it might not be good yet if you can't do it at all
Davteezy
Converts will be updated daily (or weekly) and I highly suggest playing these converts to improve one's skill. Also any LR2 player who wants any insane record song that hasn't converted can request one via the in-game msg. Just a warning that certain songs might face an issue during the transcribing process and will be dropped.
[ Tsundere ]_old
The mediafire link.. I think it has been changed. It directs me to the main webpage of mediafire~ But thank you so much for the converted maps!
Topic Starter
Doorknob_old
Apparently it was linked to show my files in Mediafire. Which meant it worked only for me. Oops.

Edited and fixed. Thanks for the catch!
[ Tsundere ]_old
Wow thank you so much DoorKnob! <3
Topic Starter
Doorknob_old
Over 250 conversions are now finished!

Unfortunately, that also means the limited space in Dropbox is also running out. So if you enjoy the charts, please consider using the referral link to sign up, as every registration gives 500MB of space from the original 2GB allotted. All memory proceedings will go to upload more maps and squirrels.

Link: http://db.tt/wZRpBDjg
Davteezy
Today marks the 500th conversion! If you enjoy these conversions, please consider using the referral link Doorknob posted above. In addition, I am still currently taking request for songs to be converted. I will stop converting songs somewhere in July/August, so enjoy these while you can.
Saturnalize
This is hard but I enjoy it so much.
Keep it up, TS, ilu
Davteezy
Andddddddddd that marks the end of this conversion project with a total of 676 converts. I might make more but the chances are nil to none. Thanks for those who downloaded the conversions and the original notecharters.
Gon
thank you guys /o/
Bobbias
Awesome stuff. I need to get up off my ass and organize/fix and release all my o2jam conversions.
Cuppp
Thanks for the maps. The difficulty is very hard even on low lv. songs compared to what I have on my BMS emulator

It will be very good practice though, thanks again :)
gyorin
This is beyond awesome. Thanks a ton for taking the time to do this.

Now I can actually learn to play this game.
DuckRice_old
I haven't properly thanked you guys yet.
I really appreciate the work, effort, and time you put into converting these charts. They're incredibly challenging, but great for practice and training :D
Thanks!
Davteezy
Don't mention it. Anyways i found some IIDX converts that were created by diamdiam. These converts are a lot easier than the ones I converted, but they can serve as a nice introduction to the game for beginners. Levels are based on the normal BMS difficulty scale, so level 12's here should be relatively close to the level 0 or level 1 on the insane scale. In addition, they are keysounded.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ses64a2853od1/IIDX_BMS

EDIT: the normal BMS difficulty scale ranges from level 1 to level 12
gyorin
Bobbias

Knickerus wrote:

Davteezy wrote:

In addition, they are keysounded.
God, my timing is horrible.

Fantastic find.
I know that feeling D:

And yeah, these should come in very handy, helping to introduce people to the BMS style patterns earlier on. Doorknob should edit that link into the OP.
Luna
That is amazing. In combination with Bobbias' o2jam conversions I now finally have a good supply of practice maps.
Only started playing a couple of days ago, so I'm not quite at the skill level for the Davteezy/Doorknob maps yet (and probably for a few more months as well), making these easier maps a godsend.
Thanks a lot to everyone working on these conversions.
TakuMii

Davteezy wrote:

Anyways i found some IIDX converts that were created by diamdiam. These converts are a lot easier than the ones I converted, but they can serve as a nice introduction to the game for beginners. Levels are based on the normal BMS difficulty scale, so level 12's here should be relatively close to the level 0 or level 1 on the insane scale. In addition, they are keysounded.

Thanks for this find. Your converts were way beyond my skill level, LV.8 on these feels just about right for me :)
Taadashi

Davteezy wrote:

Don't mention it. Anyways i found some IIDX converts that were created by diamdiam. These converts are a lot easier than the ones I converted, but they can serve as a nice introduction to the game for beginners. Levels are based on the normal BMS difficulty scale, so level 12's here should be relatively close to the level 0 or level 1 on the insane scale. In addition, they are keysounded.

I noticed these files have rly different patterns than the ones in o2jam. :P

Anyways thanks for these files mate. :)
Topic Starter
Doorknob_old
Possibly long overdue, but all the uploads from Dropbox have been compiled and formed into a BMS pack. It's a fairly large download, nearing 1GB for my conversions and 2GB for Dav's. However, it has been made in mind for people wanting an easy access to the BMS charts converted so far.

First post has also been updated with the links available.

Downloads:
https://mega.co.nz/#!cEQF2IhJ!FIa14Wh37 ... FdOxTxXas0
https://mega.co.nz/#!dZBy1DRA!duww6Dwww ... p2PjtsvlN0
TakuMii

Doorknob wrote:

Possibly long overdue, but all the uploads from Dropbox have been compiled and formed into a BMS pack. It's a fairly large download, nearing 1GB for my conversions and 2GB for Dav's. However, it has been made in mind for people wanting an easy access to the BMS charts converted so far.

First post has also been updated with the links available.

Downloads:
https://mega.co.nz/#!cEQF2IhJ!FIa14Wh37 ... FdOxTxXas0
https://mega.co.nz/#!dZBy1DRA!duww6Dwww ... p2PjtsvlN0
Thanks for this too. Although they seem to be way beyond my skill level at the moment, it's always nice to have as many practice maps available as possible, and for me, the Dropbox bulk download button was downloading a 2GB file that couldn't be opened.
Jin Xero
Thank you Doorknob \o/!
DarkStar1O9
Thanks for the converts Doorknob/Davteezy, I started practicing them around a few months ago at the end of June, and now highest pass is overjoy 1 (SunnyShinyRing) and Aeventyr level 14. I've been playing close to 3 years now and also took some time out in between to start learning piano. I started out in free time during college on a 7k rhythm game called Feel The Beats, and this game runs much more smoother, so I've improved a lot since playing here.

It'd also help to practice the 8k versions more similar to LR2, but I started playing that also this year and can convert more of those later myself.

Also if anyone's interested, I made a bms style skin with a new special form of longnotes I developed and also borrows some ideas from the original rhythm game I played and o2jam. I'll make a thread for this sometime along with sharing my other skin ideas, and note lane lighting was disabled to make it easier to see many notes at once, but feel free to mix it with whatever for now^

http://www.mediafire.com/?k1oe63tefcc3c30/
Edit: updated lighting for longnotes
BMS Skin Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/VgfAazS.png

Update 10/4: Converting more 8k charts, and Little Hearts overjoy 3 finish!

*edit improvement score (05/13/2014)

old score (72.9%): http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1018778
PyaKura
So many charts... I didn't even notice this thread until now.

*Afk DL-ing every single converts on this thread*

Thanks a lot (a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot) guys.

Btw, how can I DL several files at once on Mediafire ?
Bobbias

PyaKura wrote:

Btw, how can I DL several files at once on Mediafire ?
You can't unless you've paid for a pro account or whatever they call it :/
Topic Starter
Doorknob_old
DarkStar1O9: Glad you're liking them. If by any chance you start to make BMS converts and would like to see them uploaded in this thread, shoot me a PM and we can go on from there.

PyaKura: Grab a download manager to download all Mediafire links at once or download from Dropbox/Mega. Since for some reason the charts in Mediafire are different from those in Dropbox and Mega and the fact that few of the charts I do upload to Osu site is not compatible with Mediafire, I would suggest downloading from those sites instead.
PyaKura
I did so with both your converts and Dav's ones. I wanted to grab diamdiam's converts too, but they are uploaded on Mediafire, that's why I asked. :D

Edit : I found a software called JDownloader, I'm gonna give it a go.

Edit² : These converts (from the OP) are waaaay beyond my skill. The only convert I cleared was most likely the easiest one, I think ... I forgot the name, whatever. (The background is a sort of blue rubik's cube). Hopefully I'll get better over time. :>
DarkStar1O9
DarkStar1O9: Glad you're liking them. If by any chance you start to make BMS converts and would like to see them uploaded in this thread, shoot me a PM and we can go on from there.
Yeah they've been fun, main thing starting out is I tried not to memorize or play the same song
too many times at once and focus on accurate reading. Also a lot of the cluster patterns present in the level 1-5 converts are the same type of stuff present in the level 10+ and overjoy converts (21-27) with more complexity so the difficulty scale is a lot more even then you'd intially think^

Actually I'd been making some stuff for youtube, and had recently converted 8 key versions of Freedom Dive All Key and Ikusauta. I could pass them in osu but had to change the health settings (Freedom Dive All Key: HP 5/OD 5, 62% Score Ikusauta: HP 0/OD 1 41% score, extreme jacks xD).

My Ac adapter broke last night and ordered a new one but when I'm back on my laptop i'll send you what I have, maybe convert more of the super insane stuff later, but those are the hardest notewall charts I know of besides maybe circus gallop on FTB lol, also maybe more of the extra longnote BMS stages people could try
Hanyuu
Hey DarkStar109 thats really a unbelievable crazy improvement lol :o . Well since you mentioned, do you have any advice on accurate reading since i also think it is a very important thing to become a better player. Are there any things you keep in mind when playing or are there any steps in particular you do when trying to improve? Also out of curiousity, how many songs you play like a day or how many hours?
Bobbias

DarkStar1O9 wrote:

Yeah they've been fun, main thing starting out is I tried not to memorize or play the same song too many times at once and focus on accurate reading. Also a lot of the cluster patterns present in the level 1-5 converts are the same type of stuff present in the level 10+ and overjoy converts (21-27) with more complexity so the difficulty scale is a lot more even then you'd intially think^
Interesting, I also try to avoid memorizing anything, and try to avoid playing anything too much as well. I'm also curious about how you focus on accurate reading.

And yeah, I've noticed that level 10+ is a lot like taking a level 1-5 chart and just adding a bit more complexity (maybe a stream layer on top of the chord pattern that would have been there if it was level 1-5). Unfortunately, I still can't seem to make it over the wall around level 13-14 :/
DarkStar1O9
Hey, still haven't received a new ac adapter for my old laptop so I was on my phone but I'm back right now on a different computer, i'll answer questions

Hanyuu: it is I was actually highest pass level 5 around a month ago, but I figured eventually something would catch on or I'd get more in tune with the songs since I had the speed but not enough accuracy. One of the problems noticed I had while playing is sometimes I would misread or interpret patterns by the sound that aren't actually there or not accurate enough, then when playing a peak wall of the song not able to pass it consistently because I would start trying to rely on memory ("memory-crutching" as i'd started thinking of it as).

So instead of reading soley on the patterns I started noticing more of the spacings generated in between the notes and letting the randomness of each line of the chart flow through. Then if I start to fail a piece or feel like I'm starting to "memory crutch" parts of the song to where I lose too much accuracy, I'd just try out a different song and start a fresh reading. Also adjusting speeds a little between runs sometimes can help. I'd been playing a bunch of the autoconverts and mania mode only charts this year, but notewalling I think I'd only try out around 5-8 songs each session at most, and recently started switching between songs and trying out different levels like I just mentioned, also going back to improve scores.

And yeah, I've noticed that level 10+ is a lot like taking a level 1-5 chart and just adding a bit more complexity (maybe a stream layer on top of the chord pattern that would have been there if it was level 1-5). Unfortunately, I still can't seem to make it over the wall around level 13-14 :/
I agree, I was in the same place recently, i'd say like I was explaining before keep switching through songs at different levels and see which one's fit your hands best, and since the scale is more even who knows what you could pass. Also not thinking about the level which song is can help

More on accurate reading, I also tried out some of the higher level O2jam charts from Bobbias's conversion thread and earlier during summer developed a new skin to make the LN notewall charts more passable, also my friend Zach came up with the brilliant idea of making a transparent judgement system.

A few main ideas went into the skin for an alternate reading format. First idea was separating the false information given while playing from input or reducing distracting elements on the board for a cleaner reading format. Borrowing an idea from LongGone I created a version with no note lane lighting, with the final version having thin parts of the lane's lighting animation (from the beatmania skin given here) being placed into a new combo animation to be used as dim note tracers/pulses, so the only hit animations being generated on the field are related to the actual notes being played on the board.

Another main part is the transparent judgement system, which is another thing I've grown to really like but it's really whatever you're comfortable with. Zach thought the default hit lighting and combo animations were too bright for his taste, so to make it more like the game we played (Feel The Beats) I borrowed and edited a new judgement font set where the 300R-300 frames and displayed as a transparent "Flawless" and "Perfect", while when your accuracy wavers to 200 and below it becomes an opaque green "Good", red "Bad", 50, etc. What this is does is actually gives you more reading space or spacing between the notes as you play in time and also without lighting on the lanes a clearer general pattern as you play.

And the longnotes which aren't really needed much for here but had taken more interest in recently and developed a new style for the more advanced charts is the idea of a blue and white skin with longnotes that are weighted by length (A solid color section of the note that is stretched by length) and also hit-activated so it takes an o2jam esque bar form initially and turns into a thin beam with a release indicator when you are hitting the longnotes, so you have more of an input response when playing a chart with many longnotes spread out at the same time, or the short but fast groups of long notes that you can now actually see more of which ones are being hit so the chart is easier to follow.

My laptop is down at the moment so can't take screens, but luckily I had linked to it on the 2nd page of this thread earlier during the week, a lot of interesting things added, you should try it ^^.

Other things

Also this summer I had modded my keyboard with a special tape, my keyboard is loose or light I noticed with less resistance which is good for speed, but also becomes slippery, so I experimented with creating square tape pads over the keys, in the first combination I had only used thicker pads on the LH index finger and RH middle finger to better hold the hands in center position and the latest I tried I created triple layer square tape pads for the two centering fingers and thin single layer pads for the rest of the buttons besides the spacebar. Strange but it worked well with me for keeping everything in place and the technique flowing

That's about it for now, hope the advice helped you! I'll send the overjoy 7 converts I made to Doorknob next week when I have my laptop working again and I also transferred over the BGAs, have a good weekend

Freedom Dive All Key video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FO3-PuHorg
Ikusauta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crMBgCOXZfY
Xcrypt
Wow, these charts are amazing for chord practice. In o2jam we don't focus that much on chords like IIDX, so these are really a new experience for me. I also feel like these charts are timed super precise and when playing them it's like my keyboard is actually producing music instead of 150+ wpm aggressive typing noise sound :p
Akihiro
Oh my god thank you so much, now I don't even play this on LR2 anymore xD.
show more