forum

PP drop rate

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dumie
so i was wondering what is the drop of of the pp system in osu because our family decided to go on a cruise for a week and im worried that my ranking will start decaying =w=lll.
Chung
You've got nothing to worry about. I don't know the specifics, but the decay is meant for players who go inactive for long periods of time. One week won't make your rank go down from decay. More likely it might go down because people beat your ranks or wont go down at all
TakuMii
I was away the whole week last week, and my rank only went down by about 50. You shouldn't have to worry.
Topic Starter
Dumie
yay^^ now i won't have to worry about my rankings while away :D
i am sorta addicted to this game even after all this time=w=;;;
winber1
you really shouldn't worry about it, and at your rank it should not be very hard to get your ranks back up.

I went to china for like a month, and I lost like 200 ranks, which by the way I don't even care about, but as I play random things, I'm slowly getting my ranks back. It's only more annoying at higher ranks as it's more competitive and more people are stealing your scores all the time, but even then it's not a huge deal.

Best advice, is to not even care about rank. Sure my rank is relatively high, but I'm not playing maps to raise it. I'm just FC-ing maps because I want to look pro, but not specifically for good pp.
Hiryuu_old
PP drops overtime due to the fact that whenever other people play the maps you've already have gained a rank in #1-1000 area, and if lots of people play the map and beat your score, they'll get a head over you're score and they'll gain pp for it and you'll lose pp for it. The drop is usually rather slow so yeah, I don't believe you'll have to worry about it
Topic Starter
Dumie
Fwahahahhaaaaa mucho gracias
i dont even speak spanish=w=
Mythz
Any reason why my score would drop 500 places after 1 day of inactive play?
KupcaH

Mythz wrote:

500 people made better score than your.
Kyrari

Mythz wrote:

Nice 4 year necro. You shouldn't really post in old threads and just make a new one.

And to answer the question, other people are playing and ranking up too so it'll be natural to drop in ranking after being inactive or even if you're active.
kai99
this necro tho lmao
decay is stronk keep your pp game in spice